SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    That sudden, sinking sensation you get...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

That sudden, sinking sensation you get... Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
... when you realize the clock you've based Monday's wake up routine on is the one damned clock in the house you failed to set forward one hour.

Ah, < cough > < hack > < phlegm gargle > I'm comin' down wid sumtin.

I hate daylight savings time.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
I use my phone for my alarm, so it's always on time.

But I'll sure help you hate on DST.

Posts: 3228 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
But I'll sure help you hate on DST.

this,

I wish they'd just leave the clocks alone....

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I like DST, but hate Standard time. I prefer the light in the evening. I do wish they would stick with DST though.

Posts: 5759 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I don't give a damn one way or another JUST LEAVE THE FRIGGIN TIME ALONE. I am convinced there is a special place in hell where the time changes randomly.

Let's move it a half hour and just leave it there!!!! Where is that White House petition site again.

I hate these changes.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I heard the Monday after is not a good day to go to traffic Court.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I don't give a damn one way or another JUST LEAVE THE FRIGGIN TIME ALONE.

This ^^^^^

It was a stupid idea. It's always been a stupid idea. It will always be a stupid idea.

That being said: We're still saddled with it in Michigan (though maybe not for much longer), so I have a checklist in the notepad app on my phone and tablet.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used to work with a guy who NEVER could figure out which way to set his clock. He was either late or way early when we opened the store on Sunday morning. And when he was way early he would be mad at me for being late when I was really right on time.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
... when you realize the clock you've based Monday's wake up routine on is the one damned clock in the house you failed to set forward one hour.

Ah, < cough > < hack > < phlegm gargle > I'm comin' down wid sumtin.

I hate daylight savings time.

Mine is internal.

It takes me about a week to "remember" to wake up an hour earlier. But I do not use an alarm clock.

And yes, I forgot.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Nice to work outside another hour in the summer time.

I wasn't thinking and turned the clocks back an hour on the game cameras yesterday? Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I rather enjoy the change as it refreshes my notion of social order being rationally unexplainable.

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Back during WW2, Germany set their clocks 2 hours ahead. The kids were still outside playing at 10-11PM.

The Mrs. hates the idea.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Don't mess with Mother Nature.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
These folks had a good take on it.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
I've always liked technology so some years ago when I came across an alarm clock which automatically compensated for DST, I bought it in a heartbeat, especially since it was a really good deal compared to other standard alarm clocks offered.

Well, the old saying about if a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is was once again proven to be accurate. Unbeknown to me, those toads in Congress had meddled with DST and the clock I bought was pre-programmed with what was now the old change date for DST rendering my new technological marvel less than marvelous.

Posts: 7308 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
These folks had a good take on it.

Terrific! I laughed out loud. Then saw a second trailer and laughed again.

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Daylight Saving Time? We don't need no steekin' Day Light Saving Time in Arizona.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
The kids were still outside playing at 10-11PM.

Around here it's light until 10:30-11PM in the summer.

DST doesn't bother me, I just think it's stupid and unnecessary.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I remember the winters in Boston where it would get dark before the commute even started.

I think we got the short end of the straws when they handed out time zones - Bermuda got theirs and we got leftovers because there is only so much room till the International Date Line. Frown

I wish we went from DST in winter to DDST (Double DST) in summer! More light in the evening, year round!

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:

I wish we went from DST in winter to DDST (Double DST) in summer! More light in the evening, year round!

That's just sick Wink

Get up earlier. Too many years living in Arizona for me, I guess. Getting up earlier is exactly what we did in the summer in Arizona. I suppose a whole lot of people are chained to a clock--I never was. An "extra hour" of 110* at bedtime is the last thing you need in the desert.

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post