SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Navy holds its aircrew to the highest standards *UPDATE* Squadron Cmdr is Brandon "Tess" Stickles
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Navy holds its aircrew to the highest standards *UPDATE* Squadron Cmdr is Brandon "Tess" Stickles Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
CDR “Tess” Stickles

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
Squadron CO is CDR “Tess” Stickles... Eek

Can't make this stuff up. Hilarious! Big Grin Big Grin

Now the Navy is going to spend an untold amount of time and money 'investigating' this. I think we can go ahead and close the investigation, pretty sure we know why they did it now.

Time for yet ANOTHER Callsign review period, from the top down!!!

(This isn't the first time it happened - let the witch hunt begin!!!! Big Grin Big Grin D: )

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armedmd:
In light of current US Navy issues they should give him a metal since he didn't hit any other aircraft in the vicinity...

Uhm, they did - the brass gave him a jet. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Those schoolgirl days
Of telling tales and biting nails are gone
But in my mind
I know they will still live on and on

But how do you thank someone
Who has taken you from crayons to perfume?
It isn't easy, but I'll try

If you wanted the sky
I would write across the sky in letters
That would soar a thousand feet high
"To Tess, with love"..."

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by armedmd:
In light of current US Navy issues they should give him a metal since he didn't hit any other aircraft in the vicinity...

Uhm, they did - the brass gave him a jet. Wink

Which is a lot of metal Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whidbey fliers disciplined for their graffiti in the sky

Two Whidbey aviators involved in a Nov. 15 skywriting incident were disciplined by the Navy’s “Air Boss,” the San Diego Union-Tribune reported.

The aviators from the “Zappers” of Electronic Attack Squadron 130 at Naval Air Station Whidbey Island made international news — and became the source of more than a few bad puns — when they drew a penis in the sky during training over Okanogan in Eastern Washington. Photos of the air graffiti spread quickly through social media.

Vice Adm. Mike Shoemaker handed an administrative punishment to the two-person crew following a Field Naval Aviator Evaluation Board hearing.

A separate investigation into the incident by the NAS Whidbey Island squadron’s carrier air wing is still ongoing, meaning additional discipline is possible, Cmdr. Ron Flanders, spokesman for Naval Air Forces, told the Washington Examiner.

According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, Shoemaker found that the aviators’ actions were “impulsive and immature” but both were “forthright and remorseful.” Navy authorities recommended that the Navy retain them as aviators but place them on probationary status.

Shoemaker agreed, the newspaper reported.

Shoemaker also ordered the aviators to address fellow crews at NAS Whidbey in a series of “Change the Culture” briefings.

Shoemaker released a statement in which he said “sophomoric and immature antics of a sexual nature” have no place in Naval aviation.

“This event clearly stands in stark contrast to the way our aviators and sailors are performing with utmost professionalism, discipline and excellence from our carrier flight decks and expeditionary airfields around the world today,” the statement says.

Link

Posts: 425 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
“sophomoric and immature antics of a sexual nature” have no place in Naval aviation.

So true. that should be left to the entertainment industry.

They will probably try and stick the aircrew with the bill for the flight time.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Shoemaker also ordered the aviators to address fellow crews at NAS Whidbey in a series of “Change the Culture” briefings.

What the hell is a "Change of Culture" briefing?

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 118 | Location: KDTO...NTX | Registered: October 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
quote:

What the hell is a "Change of Culture" briefing?
Appear to do something, while keeping on, keeeeping on.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by springnr:
Vice Adm. Mike Shoemaker handed an administrative punishment to the two-person crew following a Field Naval Aviator Evaluation Board hearing.

This is a pilot and a WSO right?

What is the WSO supposed to do if the pilot wants to fly a 10-gallon-hat-in-the-sky?

"She has not lost that loving feel'n...I hate it when she does that!"

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post