SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Navy holds its aircrew to the highest standards *UPDATE* Squadron Cmdr is Brandon "Tess" Stickles
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Navy holds its aircrew to the highest standards *UPDATE* Squadron Cmdr is Brandon "Tess" Stickles Login/Join 
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by Monk:
Any chance the crew gets in real trouble for this?
Uh, yeah. They are in hot water for this, my sources tell me.

I’m hearing FEB.

Wow, I hope they dont take their wings over this.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah I heard they conviened a FNAEB on Friday, and the squadron as a whole is in deep shit. No idea how this came about, command climate, stupid bet, whatever.

Of course all my military friends think it’s hilarious (women included).

Anyway, some people’s thanksgiving is gonna be ruined... but that’s an awesome sky dick. Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
...but that’s an awesome sky dick. Big Grin

Lol go big or go home! Hate to lose such talented pilots because of this. Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah I heard they conviened a FNAEB on Friday, and the squadron as a whole is in deep shit. No idea how this came about, command climate, stupid bet, whatever.

Anyway, some people’s thanksgiving is gonna be ruined... but that’s an awesome sky dick. Big Grin

NAS WI. Growlers?

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think it is funny as hell.

I think the crew was dumb as shit if they thought they could draw a giant dick in the sky and no one would complain.

No way do they deserve to lose their wings over this.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:
NAS WI. Growlers?

Yes - but what do you expect when you give the kid in the short bus a jet? Wink

Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5737 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
The Army is tried rising to the occasion, but they only got to half staff.

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herkdriver:
No way do they deserve to lose their wings over this.
I don't think they'll get their wings pulled, but it will definitely be an "off ramp" of their Navy career - if they are junior officers, they won't be getting a prime follow on assignment (not to mention a letter of reprimand) - if they are DHs, I can see a life as a terminal O4 on the horizon with zero shot at squadron command and O5.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigolicious:
The Army is tried rising to the occasion, but they only got to half staff.

Anybody want to bet that some simpleton pc dork, male or female, gets offended by this photo, and thinks the artillery did this on purpose? As far as the Navy pilots trick, if Maverick did this in the movie it would be funny!
Seen the winds aloft do interesting things with contrails! What happens if the President thinks this is amusing and issues a pardon or something? How would the Navy boards or Admirals react?

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
<Sarcasm> Those misogynist pigs at NASA need to be fired now! <sarcasm>

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Squadron CO is CDR “Tess” Stickles... Eek

What’s been missing from the story so far is that the commander of the squadron responsible for this act has the call sign of “Tess.”

The Navy’s official site offered a wink and nod to the obvious joke in a press release last year about Stickles taking over command of VAQ-130.

“Cmdr. Brendan “Tess” Stickles relieved Cmdr. Eric “Skid” Sinibaldi as commanding officer in a ceremony held in the squadron’s ready room,” the Navy said on Dec. 6, 2016.

It’s unclear at this time whether Navy Cmdr. Stickles call sign in any way motivated one of the pilots from VAQ-130 to create the sky penis.

While the general public expressed wonder and amazement at the penis staring down at them from the clear blue sky last Thursday, Navy brass quickly issued a stern condemnation of the act.

“Sophomoric and immature antics of a sexual nature have no place in Naval aviation today,” Navy Vice Adm. Mike Shoemaker said in a statement Friday. For Shoemaker, the Navy is committed to “foster[ing] an environment of dignity and respect.”

“This event clearly stands in stark contrast to the way our aviators and Sailors are performing with utmost professionalism, discipline and excellence from our carrier flight decks and expeditionary airfields around the world today,” Shoemaker added.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11...rally-tess-stickles/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
Squadron CO is CDR “Tess” Stickles... Eek

Can't make this stuff up. Hilarious! Big Grin Big Grin

Now the Navy is going to spend an untold amount of time and money 'investigating' this. I think we can go ahead and close the investigation, pretty sure we know why they did it now.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15714 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
How do you find out if a girl is ticklish? You give her Tess-Stickles

Go Navy

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not recall an uproar the day after Trump's inauguration when all the women marched on DC wearing, er...unusual hats.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Jesus, it took me a minute, but it finally dawned on me the significance of his call sign. Haha, that's great.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
In light of current US Navy issues they should give him a metal since he didn't hit any other aircraft in the vicinity. Gag at a gnat and swallow a camel. I'm fine using my tax dollars for his artistic expression over some of the other programs currently funded with federal tax dollars.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1894 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post