SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Heads Up: Omron Blood Pressure Monitor Sale
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heads Up: Omron Blood Pressure Monitor Sale Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
Omron Blood Pressure Monitors are currently on sale at Omron.

And, despite the fact it claims "It cannot be used with any other offer, promotion or...," the checkout honoured a 10% military veteran's discount.

Ground shipping (at least to CONUS) appears to be free. It was for me.

So I got a 10 Series Bluetooth-enabled BP monitor, shipped, for $11 more than the non-BT-enabled 10 Series would've cost me on Amazon Prime.

Only fly in the ointment is I had to buy this because the display on my last Omron BP monitor has gotten flaky. And it wasn't a cheap one. They get one more chance.

It's critical I have a functioning BP monitor, right now, because I'm ramping-up my workout regimen and adding creatine to my supplement stack for the first time. I'm on lisinopril 5mg for marginally high BP, and creatine is known the raise BP in some users, so it behooves me to be cautious.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

I just ordered the blue tooth version.

I've become a believer that BP is the single most important factor in cardiovascular disease. It's the stress on the arteries that allows the elevated cholesterol or glucose to wreak havoc.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Wife bought one about 1 yr ago. These are excellent products.

Posts: 5299 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My BP cuff manufacturer of choice...excellent products.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What code did you put in to get the military discount?

Posts: 1126 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfan Roy:
What code did you put in to get the military discount?

They're one-shot codes. You have to get your own.

You're redirected to a verification site where you enter certain minimal information about your qualifications (branch, first and last name, DOB, month and year of separation, IIRC), and, if you validate, you're given the code.

They also ask for an email address and email it to you.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've done that at other websites, didn't see where to even get directed to the link. I will look again. Thanks.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link and heads up!! My BP machine went the big "Tango Uniform" some months ago. New one on the way!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, found it and was successful. Link was way at the bottom of the home page. Thanks for the heads up on the deal and the mil discount.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I just ordered one (basic wrist unit) and was able to obtain the military discount. Thanks for the link--my doctor has told me I must monitor my BP every day due to recent changes in my medications.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jandersd
posted Hide Post
Thank you - just went through the verification process - waiting on the discount code

---
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Posts: 1123 | Location: Cartersville, GA | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
7 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor at omron is $62.99 on sale.

amazon has it for $50.99 wtih free shipping.

10 series $64.99, amazon $51.99.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
just a tip... take your monitor with you when you got to the doctor and check it against theirs.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
If you can find a "Made in Japan" model, they were the Best Ever made, now Malaysia, major step down in quality. Old lumiscopes were made in japan until 1991
+/- was 2mmg, now 5-8mmg.
Any Germany made is all =/- 2mmg or it can't be sold in Germany (Kept the Chinese out of their country...)

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8339 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I just ordered one (basic wrist unit) and was able to obtain the military discount. Thanks for the link--my doctor has told me I must monitor my BP every day due to recent changes in my medications.

flashguy

Wrist and finger are the LEAST accurate.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8339 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
7 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor at omron is $62.99 on sale.

amazon has it for $50.99 wtih free shipping.

10 series $64.99, amazon $51.99.

I assume members know about Amazon. I was referring specifically to the 10 Series Bluetooth model. That's $76 at Amazon. About $25 more expensive than the non-BT version.

flashguy: IME wrist-based BP monitors aren't very accurate.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the comments about the accuracy (or lack of same) of wrist units, but those are what the Visiting Nurses were using when they came and some doctors are, too. I don't think the exact numbers are as important as the trends and major indications. My BP is controlled by several medications and the concern is that the values I've been getting might change drastically with changes in them. Specifically, they are worried that my BP might dip too low.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post