SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A Simple BLT Breakfast
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Simple BLT Breakfast Login/Join 
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
If this girl you speak of is your daughter, just put extra bacon on the sammich...she'll be fine.

If this girl is your special lady friend, then put extra bacon on the sammich and make sure you welcome her home wearing the offical Sigforum unitard. She'll be fine.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
With all this BLT talk name your favorite:

- Brand of bacon?

- Brand of mayo?

I've been pleasantly pleased with Trader Joe's Uncured Applewood Smoked Bacon; the ends and pieces are pretty good too.

Discovered Duke's mayo here of SF, ordered up some via Amazon and it's great.

I usually get bacon at the meat counter of our local Fresh Market. I like their homestyle bacon and my husband prefers the Nueske's applewood smoked bacon. The Nueske's is better, but it smells up the house longer.

We use Duke's mayo, of course. Blue Plate will do in a pinch. Hellman's is awful, and under no circumstances is Miracle Whip acceptable.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
With all this BLT talk name your favorite:

- Brand of bacon?

- Brand of mayo?
Bacon: Kirkland Signature thick sliced.

Mayo: Duke's

Is there any other, for either choice? Well, in a pinch, if I can't get to Costco for the bacon, Wright will do.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30668 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It pains me to see the bacon all burnt up like that. Frown

IMO, bacon is best with a little chew and flex, like medium-well. Not carbon.

Just my $0.02

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Damn!

Now I’m jonesing for a BLT.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Here it's Burger's Smokehouse Original Country slab bacon (moved to theirs from Nueske's). And Blue Plate mayo. Big Grin Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16213 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I buy my bacon from Siesel’s Iowa Farms butcher shop, the best meat market here in San Diego. They have regular and thick cut bacon out, but will cut it to any thickness you like for no extra cost. The Breville Smart Grill that I mentioned previously is great for extra thick bacon.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8951 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post