SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A Simple BLT Breakfast
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Simple BLT Breakfast Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted
Just a simple BLT breakfast. I was talking to the girl yesterday and she said she was craving a BLT. She is on her way back from seeing family in KY due to the hurricane. (she is still a little ticked about that. She says I “ordered” her to leave, I did no such thing. When I got home from work the Tuesday prior to the storm I just said ‘you need to pack your trash and get out’. I didn’t ‘order’ anything. Pretty normal request in my opinion.) So I decided this morning to get the goods to do a decent BLT and then I decided to have one.

I sent her pics and told her she can have as many BLT’s as she wants when she arrives.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
That’s some good brefffaces.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Arguably the best sandwich, never a good time to not eat a BLT.

From the master add an egg, and a good dark beer.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Bacon looks great. Cook in the oven? How?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Yup oven. About 400 (hair over 400 in mine as its colder) for 20-25 minutes. I flip once to drain puddled grease. No preheat. Start cold and adjust time accordingly.

Doing the rest of the package for BLT's and salad later this week (left this a little too long. Phone call). Cooking in the oven keeps it straight and drains off fat. Perfect for sandwiches and such.

Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
BLT is one of my absolute favorite sandwiches.

My wife always gets mad when I fry bacon because of the grease splatter, next time I’m going to try that oven cooking and see how it works.

Thanks for the idea!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
What's that green and red stuff. I thought BLT stood for

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Last of the package. Great for BLT's, chicken and bacon, turkey and bacon, bacon burgers, crumble one up in a salad...possibilities are endless. Excess goes in the fridge for later.

posted Hide Post
When cooking bacon in the oven, does it splatter grease all over the oven like it does in the pan? I'm wanting to try it but would like to know how much clean up is waiting for me. Smile

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
When cooking bacon in the oven, does it splatter grease all over the oven like it does in the pan? I'm wanting to try it but would like to know how much clean up is waiting for me. Smile

Nope, no splatter on the oven walls and not even a pan to clean. We line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the bacon on the parchment. We drain the bacon on paper towels when we take it out of the oven. Toss the parchment and the baking sheet stays clean as a whistle.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:

No it does not splatter grease; now it might if you had the oven temp above 400. I don’t use a raised rack as in the picture. I just use a baking pan with at least 1/2”-1” depth. Line it with aluminum foil, spray it with some Pam, put the bacon on, and put it in the oven. After it is done, just let the pan cool and pull up the aluminum foil and throw away. Most times no grease leaks under the aluminum foil and I do not have to wash the pan.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I bake my bacon in my Breville Smart Grill:

https://www.breville.com/us/en...h-makers/bgr820.html

Kind of like a George Foreman, but much better design, construction, and materials. Heats from both sides, so cooks very fast; 10 minutes at 390 °F for crispy, well done, utterly flat bacon. Flat and ribbed plates are removable for easy cleaning in the sink, and interchangeable. For bacon, I put a ribbed plate on the bottom so grease drains to the grease tub.

A very versatile machine: steaks and burgers cook very fast. Also great for grilled sandwiches, baking cornbread, and it’s my toaster too. Stores upright, taking no more counter space than a four-slice toaster.

Cheaper on Amazon.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8954 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
You inspired me. Just made these for dinner.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
A superior sandwich.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
quote:

I cook my bacon with same setup but I just do it on my gas grill.

Posts: 1842 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Call me old school but I still like doing my bacon in a cast iron frying pan. I also use a cast iron bacon press to keep the 1/4" slabs flat. When crisp they get a paper towel pat down to remove excess grease.

But to the OP's original thought.... nothing quite like a great BLT "as is" or with extras like egg, cheese, turkey, ham, whatever. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I use a 2 inch deep roasting pan, no rack in the pan.
I'll get a tad of grease on the walls, but I have a self cleaning oven I clean once or twice a year.

I just put foil in the pan, a little cooking oil spray, fresh ground pepper, and a touch of Tony Chachere's.
Always put the pan in a cold oven and let it preheat with the bacon inside.

Usually 400 for 18 minutes, then keep an eye on it until it is done.
If I remeber I'll turn the pan about halfway though the cooking time.
Time in the oven really depends on your oven, your taste of doneness, and how thick the bacon is.

I love a good bacon filled BLT..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I bake my bacon in my Breville Smart Grill:

https://www.breville.com/us/en...h-makers/bgr820.html

Kind of like a George Foreman, but much better design, construction, and materials. Heats from both sides, so cooks very fast; 10 minutes at 390 °F for crispy, well done, utterly flat bacon. Flat and ribbed plates are removable for easy cleaning in the sink, and interchangeable. For bacon, I put a ribbed plate on the bottom so grease drains to the grease tub.

A very versatile machine: steaks and burgers cook very fast. Also great for grilled sandwiches, baking cornbread, and it’s my toaster too. Stores upright, taking no more counter space than a four-slice toaster.

Cheaper on Amazon.

+1. I've had mine since last Christmas.

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
BLT is one of my absolute favorite sandwiches.

My wife always gets mad when I fry bacon because of the grease splatter, next time I’m going to try that oven cooking and see how it works.

Thanks for the idea!

You can get a splatter screen in most housewares dept in stores, my wife uses one a lot.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With all this BLT talk name your favorite:

- Brand of bacon?

- Brand of mayo?

I've been pleasantly pleased with Trader Joe's Uncured Applewood Smoked Bacon; the ends and pieces are pretty good too.

Discovered Duke's mayo here of SF, ordered up some via Amazon and it's great.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post