SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Freeware for recording desktop then uploading to YouTube?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Freeware for recording desktop then uploading to YouTube? Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
We run a CRM at my company. It would be helpful if I could record my self doing certain functions. Then upload them to youtube. New users could just go to the link that show how to use function XYZ.

I've probably got 7-8 functions I need to record for separate 2-3 minute videos. Make a "idiots guide to our CRM" for new hires. Then they can just follow along.

Is there any freeware that will record your desk top then save in a up-loadable file format?

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Built in to Windows 10 for other OS use MS Expression Encoder

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Built in to Windows 10 for other OS use MS Expression Encoder

I'll give it a shot. We run Win 7 on most machines. Downloading now and will give it a test drive.

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Weird. The folder just has a single .dll file in it that my machine has no idea how to open. No .exe to actually run the program.

Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Try "Steps Recorder", it's not a true screen capture program but is an option.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
Weird. The folder just has a single .dll file in it that my machine has no idea how to open. No .exe to actually run the program.

Try this one, it is a exe file.
Note there are two you need > screen capture and the Encoder (it may install both at the same time).
I have used it on W7 before.
Expression Encoder 4 (screen capture)
Then send it to the Encoder > Encode (default is WMF).
I think you can save as MP4 or use an utility to convert.
I haven't used in a while but I think you can save as MP4.
Then upload as you would to YouTube or whatever.
I used it to deliver some Computer Instructions for a client but I saved it to PhotoBucket.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-u...mation.aspx?id=27870

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post