SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    God bless John McCain
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

God bless John McCain Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JordanR:
quote:
Originally posted by EmpireState:
Curious to see if he retires or if his hubris won't allow him to let go.

My Guess, The latter.

Yep.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16690 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jager:

And for you clowns casting aspersions on "Arizona voters", first, you had best realize, we've had no realistic or viable alternatives...

Since I'm outsider, what about J. D. Hayworth that is so bad that AZ folks continued to vote for that RINO McCain?

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
J. D. Hayworth

J. D. Hayworth is worthy of consideration. Certainly, much more conservative than McCain.
Not likely to be picked by the Gov. though because he's been out of Congress since 2007.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
McCain will not voluntary leave the Senate no matter how sick he gets. He's a legend in his own mind and probably believes the place would collapse without him.
Roll Eyes

Posts: 33793 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by JordanR:
quote:
Originally posted by EmpireState:
Curious to see if he retires or if his hubris won't allow him to let go.

My Guess, The latter.

Yep.

I'm sure he'll do the same thing Ted Kennedy did, die in office.

Posts: 6348 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course, by "sparring partners," he's referring only to the GOP congressmen.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5159 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
McCain will not voluntary leave the Senate no matter how sick he gets. He's a legend in his own mind and probably believes the place would collapse without him. Roll Eyes

No doubt. But from what I'm reading about his cancer... he'll be out of there in a year or so.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
Hard to believe his 105 year old mother might outlive him. Eek

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The prognosis for an acute Glioblastoma is nil!! He will get the best care that Mayo has to offer, but it won't be enough. Because of his age, the treatments may well be over whelming to say the least. He is a "short timer", and he knows it. What he does about it, nobody knows for sure at this point.

The Neurosurgeon tried to remove as much of the Glio as possible when he had the surgery, and recovery from that surgery is not a "piece of cake" to put mildly. The next few days/weeks will tell the story. I feel confident that Gov. Ducey will make a good choice as a replacement.

Posts: 6616 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
For anyone who's taken the time to read biographies about him, it's apparent he's been an arrogant asshole from birth.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
I'll keep it simple; please step aside.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
If he had any decency left (I know, I know...), he would step aside so that the AZ governor could appoint a replacement. Instead, his ego and lust for power will have him remain in the Senate, yet unavailable for any real work or votes. He will essentially handicap the caucus.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Ducey, Schweikert or Hayworth.

In reverse order.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Cancer isn't keeping Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., from sticking to his political guns...
Roll Eyes

Just hours after news broke of McCain's brain cancer diagnosis, the Arizona senator blasted President Trump amid a report that the administration decided to halt a CIA training program for moderate Syrian rebels fighting Bashar al-Assad's regime.

"If these reports are true, the administration is playing right into the hands of Vladimir Putin," McCain said in a statement Thursday. "Making any concession to Russia, absent a broader strategy for Syria, is irresponsible and short-sighted."

-rduckwor

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Do we say "God Bless the Taliban" if they get cancer? God Bless any of the sick, twisted mass murderers that fall ill?

McCain isn't a patriot. I'm sorry that some people think he is. He is an obstructionist, and he (and his girlfriend Lyndsey) quit caring about this country long ago. McCain is in this for the establishment. He is in it for personal power. He sold out America long ago. And possibly this is karma catching up to him.

I apologize if that sounds cold, but it is exactly how it is.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

McCain isn't a patriot. I'm sorry that some people think he is. He is an obstructionist, and he (and his girlfriend Lyndsey) quit caring about this country long ago. McCain is in this for the establishment. He is in it for personal power. He sold out America long ago. And possibly this is karma catching up to him.

I apologize if that sounds cold, but it is exactly how it is.

I agree 100% with you.

I don't take any joy in his condition, but it is a good thing for America, IMO.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21844 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Everybody dies

Often the good die too soon, and the not so good linger far too long.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Nature is going to take that decision out of his hands. Glioblastoma? That's a death sentence.

Not to be ghoulish, but how long do these cases tend to last?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the best boss I ever had, went to the e.r. as he was feeling very poor,
he also had three carcinomas removed over thirty years,
he also was from Phoenix.

he was "gone " ten days later.
he did not know who or where he was for the last 5 days.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54625 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:...
Not to be ghoulish, but how long do these cases tend to last?

Let's put it this way.

He should stick to buying a single, well ripened banana each morning, and eat it before noon.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post