SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    God bless John McCain
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

God bless John McCain Login/Join 
posted
This is terrible news for a patriot and hero from the war in Vietnam. John McCain has brain cancer.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really wish him well and hope he can recover from this terrible disease. I also hope that he retires now.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5158 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Being a cancer survivor I truly hope he recovers from this horrible disease. He and his family have served this country for a very long time and I will pray for them.

However, like BMR mentioned, this would be a good time for him to retire.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
I wish him a speedy recovery and and immediately thereafter a pleasant retirement.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I suppose I'm supposed to act like I care? I'm supposed to say how sorry I am?

While you're concerned that he's on his way out, he doesn't give a shit about you, who shall remain to go on in the world, a world which the man is doing his damnedest to fuck up further. This is especially egregious given that he's in a position to really help us, and he's supposed to be on our side. Outrageous. Inexcusable.

And I'm supposed to act like his condition bothers me? I'm supposed to be sad about it?

The same goes for Jimmy Carter. Same malady. And I do. not. care.

Everybody dies

My concern is that he's out of Washington PDQ. As quickly as possible.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
I too wish him well and very much a thank you for his service in Vietnam. Illness or not its time for him to retire.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brain cancer took out my dad. Sorry to see it for anyone. My best to the guy.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSgt USMC/Vet:
I too wish him well and very much a thank you for his service in Vietnam. Illness or not its time for him to retire.

This. I will not rejoice in his illness, but it is time for him to go.

Go spend some time with your family John.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I thank him for his service but not for his shitty presidential campaign from a few years ago or his current politics and leak efforts against Trump.

Sad for his family that he has this but not sad for the country if his voice retires from Senate.

Posts: 4075 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I can't say I really like him, his politics, his agenda, or his attitude.

But I wouldn't wish brain cancer on my worst enemy. And he is only very slightly my enemy. Really only just a little tiny bit. Teensy, even.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have long thought he had some kind of brain issue. I thought it was from his time in a Nam prison.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go away, John. I wish you well, but you need to GO AWAY. From "snitching" in the Hanoi Hilton until today, you screwed us. Good bye, I hope it's painless.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I'm with Para on this one.

We, the United States citizens, have enemies in this world, and McShame has proven himself to be one of them.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Politics aside, I wouldn't wish Cancer or Alzheimer's on anyone even those celebrating this diagnosis. One eats the body away; the other, the mind. Both inflict horrible stresses & misery on both the patient and their loved ones.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if his lover will take a leave of the Senate too. He and Lindsey should retire together to a cabin by a lake...

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrbill345:
Politics aside, I wouldn't wish Cancer or Alzheimer's on anyone even those celebrating this diagnosis.
Who do you see here that's wishing it on him? Who in this thread is celebrating the man's condition?

Let's hear some more about how horrible a way this is to die. You guys haven't yet driven that point home enough. Forget that he's a Senator with the best possible medical care available to him at all times, not to mention ready access to the best of medications.

Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I certainly hope that the Senate doesn't get all emo and vote for some shitty healthcare bill and call it "John's bill".

If you think I'm kidding do your Google search and you'll see that when Obamacare passed a number of senators gave tributes to old Teddy Kennedy who died a few months earlier, including Senator Byrd, and they referred to it as Teddy's bill bc Teddy wanted universal health care.

Posts: 4075 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
I certainly hope that the Senate doesn't get all emo and vote for some shitty healthcare bill and call it "John's bill".
Unfortunately, I happen to think that's a possibility.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dresden:
This is terrible news for a patriot

A true patriot would have taken a different tactic that McCain has clearly demonstrated. A propensity to derail and fuck up the recovery of this nation from years of horrible decisions and sabotage.

He needs to go away NOW.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16666 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is the Senator, 80? I'd rather go of a heart attack in my sleep. As mentioned, we all go on to another adventure. Godspeed Senator.

Appreciate your service.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post