SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Media Warns Excessive Forgiveness Could Set Back Outrage Narrative Hundreds Of Years (Satire)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Media Warns Excessive Forgiveness Could Set Back Outrage Narrative Hundreds Of Years (Satire) Login/Join 
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted
Media Warns Excessive Forgiveness Could Set Back Outrage Narrative Hundreds Of Years

(Satire)
(Or, is it?)

U.S.—Media outlets are issuing warnings that excessive displays of forgiveness and mercy could wreak havoc on hundreds of years of outrage progress. The warning comes in response to a high-profile case this week in which former police officer Amber Guyger, who is white, was found guilty of the murder of Botham Jean, a black man, in his Dallas home. Guyger was sentenced to 10 years in prison. Brandt Jean, Botham’s younger brother, made a victim impact statement, saying he forgave her, setting back race progress hundreds of years. Brandt then asked the judge if he could give Guyger a hug. The judge foolishly allowed it, setting back race relations hundreds more years.

"What people have to understand is, if we keep toying around with all this grace and mercy stuff, this whole racial divide could come toppling down," explained Brad Hunter of CBS News. "Are people really ready to say goodbye to that? I must say that, as a journalist, I, for one, am not."

"What Brandt Jean did in that courtroom sets black people back hundreds of years. If I had to put a number on it, I'd say it sets us back about 2000 years," said Janelle Taylor of ABC. "What year does he think this is? 33 AD?"

"This deals a heavy blow to the progress we have made toward peak outrage," said Jenson Hughs of CNN. " We have a lot of work to do in the wake of this mess."

Many reporters say that, while it is true that the Bible calls for forgiveness, there are no scriptures that say black people should ever forgive white people. "I don't know what Bible they are reading," said Hannah Corley of the Washington Post. "I've searched Bible.com for the term 'forgive white people' numerous times and nothing comes up. Sounds like bad Bible-ology to me."

"We will rebuild," said Roy Mathis, CEO of the LA Times. "Progress may have taken a hit today, but we've recovered from worse. We will survive."

link

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
"What people have to understand is, if we keep toying around with all this grace and mercy stuff, this whole racial divide could come toppling down," explained Brad Hunter of CBS News. "Are people really ready to say goodbye to that? I must say that, as a journalist, I, for one, am not."

You're no journalist. You're a scab, a worthless scumbag.

Just like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, these assholes NEED a racial divide to keep in business. They NEED an agenda of made-up racism, white supremacy, and a Bad Orange Man.

These people are sickening.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Turn up the gain on your satire detection circuit.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
What Brandt Jean did in that courtroom sets black people back hundreds of years. If I had to put a number on it, I'd say it sets us back about 2000 years," said Janelle Taylor of ABC. "What year does he think this is? 33 AD?"

I about snorted water out of my nose at this.

Thanks Babylon Bee Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
For folks who are feeling anything other than mirth...look at the source. This comes from the Babylon Bee

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
You're no journalist. You're a scab, a worthless scumbag.

Just like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, these assholes NEED a racial divide to keep in business. They NEED an agenda of made-up racism, white supremacy, and a Bad Orange Man.

These people are sickening.

Take a breath, oddball, and read the source. It's satire.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Got it.

Guess I did not read the word "satire"in the title. But the story is believable, that is how insane the state of the news media is nowadays.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are forgiven, oddball.
After all, with today's social situation we can consider your initial response as a "conditioned response".
It wouldn't surprise me if the left took this and ran with it.

Posts: 358 | Registered: March 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
It took less than a week for that satire to become reality. Vanity Fair published the linked op-Ed two days ago. Yup no room for forgiveness or tolerance - that is just not “reality”.

They were responding to the Ellen - Bush friendship, but same sentiment. Fascists.

Ellen cannot be friends with bush

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Wow, that Vanity Fair article sure does play fast and loose with history. It pretends that Bush was solely responsible for Iraq (Congressional resolution, 9/11 anyone?), and that he purposefully allowed the Katrina suffering. Prior to Katrina, FEMA supported the state response, a response that was bungled by the Democratic government of Louisiana.

These people really are Nazis, right down to the rewrite of history.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post