SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Israel conducts successful cyber attack on Iranian nuclear facility / update - might have been a bomb p2
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Israel conducts successful cyber attack on Iranian nuclear facility / update - might have been a bomb p2 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
God Bless the Jews. But I think they are on their own now. Which COULD be a good thing. I doubt they will get any help from our country in the war on terror.

Things I think about as my son graduates from VA Tech and joins the IDF this Fall.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
long article

https://www.jpost.com/middle-e...s-underground-664979

Natanz attack hit 50 meters underground, destroyed most of the facility
The attack was reportedly carried out through a remotely detonated device smuggled into the facility.

The alleged Israeli attack on Iran’s Natanz nuclear facility targeted an electrical substation located 40 to 50 meters underground and damaged “thousands of centrifuges,” Iranian officials revealed in recent days.
Fereydoon Abbasi-Davani, former head of Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization, told Iranian media on Monday that the attack hit an electrical substation located deep underground and managed to damage both the power distribution system and the cable leading to the centrifuges in order to cut power to them.

The Jerusalem Post has learned that the attack was carried out through an explosive device that was smuggled into the facility and detonated remotely.

Davani confirmed on Monday that the attack last July was also carried out with explosives that were smuggled into a centrifuge assembly facility at the site, with the explosives embedded in a heavy table that was brought into the facility.

The Wall Street Journal said the Biden Administration was given no advance notice about the attack. The White House said on Monday that it was not involved in the attack.
The WSJ report added that destruction of the power supply in the attack could have damaged or destroyed centrifuges by causing them to slow down too rapidly.

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t give the Biden admin a heads up either.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
The WSJ report added that destruction of the power supply in the attack could have damaged or destroyed centrifuges by causing them to slow down too rapidly.

Good.

Would be even mo bettah if some of those centrifuges breached on their way to self-immolation Big Grin

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
long article

https://www.jpost.com/middle-e...s-underground-664979
The Wall Street Journal said the Biden Administration was given no advance notice about the attack. The White House said on Monday that it was not involved in the attack.

Because somebody wanted it to be a surprise?? Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
From the article:

“Fereydoon Abbasi-Davani, former head of Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization, told Iranian media on Monday that the attack hit an electrical substation located deep underground and managed to damage both the power distribution system and the cable leading to the centrifuges in order to cut power to them.

The Iranian official stressed that such an operation takes years, saying “the design of the enemy was very beautiful.”

Hahhhahahahh. Yepp. If the bomb was indeed smuggled into the compound hidden inside of a heavy table I’d say the design of Iran’s enemy was indeed very beautiful. Pretty damn creative too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/midd...ns-nuclear-facility/

The Biden administration has delivered a “sharp rebuke” to Israel for undermining its position in talks with Iran by its “embarrassing chatter and bragging” about the bomb at the Natanz nuclear enrichment plant, Israel’s Channel 12 reported Friday.

Biden officials “sent a message to Israel that chatting and bragging about actions Israel is doing is dangerous, embarrassing and endangers the Americans in negotiations with Iran,” the Hebrew-language report said.

The U.N. nuclear watchdog, the International Atomic Energy Agency, said that Iran had begun enriching uranium to 60 percent — dangerously close to weapons-grade — at an “aboveground facility” at the Natanz facility, confirming an earlier statement made by Iranian President Hassan Rouhani who said the move came as a direct response to Israel’s “nuclear terrorism” at the plant days earlier.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has made it clear to the Biden administration that Israel would not be bound by a renegotiated nuclear deal with Iran that would see the Islamic Republic obtaining a bomb in a few years.

“My policy as prime minister of Israel is clear — I will never allow Iran to obtain the nuclear capability to carry out its genocidal goal of eliminating Israel,” Netanyahu told visiting US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin in Jerusalem last week.

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
actions Israel is doing is dangerous, embarrassing and endangers the Americans in negotiations with Iran

Haha, like Biden has any business claiming anyone else is embarrassing themselves...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15572 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I think Bibi gives less than two shits what Biden or his brown nosers think, say, or do.

More power to him.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
BTW, the IAEA couldn’t find enriched Uranium if they had a map, signs and a Geiger counter. If they say Iran is enriching to 60%, you can be sure they are wrong. Kind of like WHO and bio weapons.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
IAEA is to Iran what WHO is to China.

quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear:
BTW, the IAEA couldn’t find enriched Uranium if they had a map, signs and a Geiger counter. If they say Iran is enriching to 60%, you can be sure they are wrong. Kind of like WHO and bio weapons.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post