SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New E-bike coming from Harley-Davidson
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New E-bike coming from Harley-Davidson Login/Join 
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted
Harley-Davidson is introducing e-bike in a few weeks. Styling is in line with the first motorcycle developed by the founders.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/dNShB6Z-LNY

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Is this for real?
If so.. that's a helluva rebranding.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
How I wish Harley Davidson could see what the consumer really wants!

As a motorcyclist, the consumer buys a Harley for reasons far different than the consumer who buys a Ninja! So, why not carry the same appeal the Harley has with motorcyclists to the e-bike world? If I had any say in the matter over at HD, I'd suggest they start with examining the citibike's Cheetah.

Harley should emulate this bike and change the drive from hub motor to mid-drive, and add a chrome springer front fork.

That would be an incredibly popular e-bike.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Nice looking E Bike.

I thought it would look better with a gas tank for the battery like the original.

I did not see a price ?

All that being said, I agree with the post above.

Here's my Cheetah...

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3457 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Pricing, pricing, pricing.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They will need to put lights on it. Many people use these to commute or travers their areas at night.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No. Just no.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Interesting design, nice to see HD looking at products for the birkenstock green bike movement.....

BTW If CA does go fully non fossil fuel for cars it won't be long that zero emission motorcycles in CA will be required.

Remember that your gas driven YamasusiehondaSaki's and MVBMdoocatis will be history as well, in CA..

Read where the new CEO of HD is chopping the lines at HD products, reducing production to under 100K units, closing dealerships, redefining the company. Was also rumor bikes like this and the other E-stuff would be gone, back to the heavy cruiser line.

Anyway, it's nice looking hope they do well...

If it's anything like the electric nut cruncher Livewire it's going to be a very well built piece of machinery....

Posts: 23243 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
My E Bike purchase had absolutely nothing to do with the green movement.

I purchased my Revi Cheetah for the looks and fun.

When I take it out people stop me and ask about it all the time...

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3457 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
My E Bike purchase had absolutely nothing to do with the green movement.

I purchased my Revi Cheetah for the looks and fun.

When I take it out people stop me and ask about it all the time...

Of course they do, it's cool looking piece

But it's E so it's green, might not be the motivation, but it's the market for these things.

Us fat old grey HD riders don't fit those things LOL

Posts: 23243 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Us fat old grey HD riders don't fit those things LOL[/QUOTE]

I fit that description ^^^Let's just say there's no way I would put a passenger on it with me Wink

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
My next bicycle will probably be an ebike, for the reason HRK states - getting old and fat. Not because I'm a greenie (although I do like the outdoors). But I'm not there yet....

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BORNNNNN TO BE MIIIIIILLLLLD!

We believe arming our fellow Americans – both physically and philosophically – helps them fulfill our Founding Fathers' intent with the Second Amendment: To serve as a check on state power.

Posts: 277 | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
In the video I was able to identify that the dealership seen was the one in Durango, Colorado.

DSC_3760.jpg
by David Casteel, on Flickr

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
In the video I was able to identify that the dealership seen was the one in Durango, Colorado.

flashguy

Only the Harley-Davidson museum has the 1903 serial 1. Filmed at the Museum in Milwaukee.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I don't really think eBikes are marketed as being a green alternative. Bicycles are already green, an electric bike doesn't make it greener.

As far as I can tell, eBikes are marketed as either a fun way to get around, or urban mobility solution.

I see a lot of high end electrified mountain bikes out there. That seems to be the ticket--the fun of a downhill mountain bike ride with some pedal assist to get you up the inclines.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
....I see a lot of high end electrified mountain bikes out there. That seems to be the ticket--the fun of a downhill mountain bike ride with some pedal assist to get you up the inclines.

Yep! Like I said, when I get old[er] and fat[ter]! The good ones are pricey though, and heavy.

IIRC, I read a little while back that Yamaha was entering the market, and their entry sounded pretty fascinating. It has a "split" frame, with the shock between the twin top-tubes and the battery between twin down-tubes. Seemed like an interesting solution to packing in the components while maintaining frame integrity.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Their first electric bike has not been a huge success. Starting at 30K it has a range of about 90 miles at highway speeds. So my normal weekend ride would need at least three "refills". Nothing like running out of juice in the NH moth country.

Bears must love the new concept though.

Strangely enough HD isn't doing bad financially under the new leadership.

quote:
Bicycles are already green, an electric bike doesn't make it greener.

Maybe it makes the rider fart less due to less exertion??? Roll Eyes

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mkueffer:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

flashguy

Only the Harley-Davidson museum has the 1903 serial 1. Filmed at the Museum in Milwaukee.
OK. I just rechecked the video and it's not there. I don't know what video I saw, but it was reached using that imbedded link.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post