SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Postimage ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Postimage ? Login/Join 
Picture of SIG 229R
posted
Just opened an account and posted and image to another thread. I then tried to update my avatar from post image. Every link I try tells me invalid URL or image appears to be unavailable. What am I doing wrong? I have tried every link they give you and noting works.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I was also unable to get my avatar to work from PostImage.
Couldn't get it to work from Imgur, Flickr or Amazon Prime, either.

It's hosted on WordPress now (Member Woodman is hosting a bunch for members).

Either PostImage or Imgur (I don't remember which one it was) explicitly says using them for Avatar hosting violates their Terms of Use.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16513 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Are you using the direct link? Second in list of links.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Mine is working fine from imgur.

For your avatar to work, remove the img tags.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Postimage quit working for my avatar updates about a year ago. I now use imgur and am having no problems.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
I was also unable to get my avatar to work from PostImage.

It's hosted on WordPress now (Member Woodman is hosting a bunch for members).

Same here. Photofucket fail.
Using PostImage but not working for my avatar.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24102 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Are you using the direct link? Second in list of links.

I did, tried multiple times, along with everyone else in this forum. You seem to be the only one who has managed to make postimage work for your avatar.

I use postimage for all of my other forum pics.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Same here with the avatar, my personal Co-Host works, but not Larryfin.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
Either PostImage or Imgur (I don't remember which one it was) explicitly says using them for Avatar hosting violates their Terms of Use.

imgur's TOS prohibits using them to host avatars. Given how small avatars are (mine is 2KB), I don't see why they would care and wouldn't worry too much about using them to host an avatar.

As for the subject of postimage, I also get errors trying to use them to host an avatar, so I used http://picturetrail.com

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I signed up for picturetrail and posted my avatar.

Looks like it worked.

All the image hosting sites will be flooded from people fleeing vomit bucket. Big Grin

http://www.wikihow.com/Vomit-in-a-Bucket

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Serving my avatar from postimage

Working for me.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Postimage worked for my Avatar from April until July 1st. I tried to change to a 4th of July avatar, and it wouldn't let me change (there is nothing in their Terms of Service prohibiting using it for Avatars). I could've kept using the steaming coffee cup, but decided to find a hosting site where I could rotate my avatar for holidays.

My pics remain hosted at postimage, but my avatars are now at TinyPic

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...660067524#7660067524

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
Test. Testing. Test.
New image.

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post