SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bourbon, my friend and enemy
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon, my friend and enemy Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Gabapentin worked for my bulging disk. When first went to the doc, he asked if anything was working, I told him I had tried OxyContin but it didn't work and I found large amount of alcohol was the only thing that allowed me to get some sleep for two or three hours at a a time.

He prescribed the gabapentin and got me scheduled for injections in my spine.with some kinda steroid.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11280 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
If you ever get to the place where you can get the Injections for your neck that I'm getting for the two ruptured disks in my lower back you won't need the bourbon for pain any more.
These Injections have been a godsend for me.
The pain was unrelenting and put such a cloud over my mood all day that I never want to go back to that place again.
But they certainly are not cheap.
$2,000 each , thankfully only $300 out of my pocket.

Hope you get the assistance you need.

I did the injections years ago, before resorting to surgery. They only lasted a 2 or 3 weeks before wearing off and were clearly not worth the expense and time in the OR required to have them. Tried them three different times if memory serves before giving up and letting the surgeon cut my neck open for a cervical fusion. That helped for about 8 months... Roll Eyes

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
I had some neck pain a few years ago and it absolutely sucked. A few months of PT 3X per week really helped. Nothing more frustrating than pain where you can't sit, can't stand...can't do anything without a stabbing pain. Please keep up the PT.

I did the PT routine multiple times before resorting to injections, followed by surgery. It didn't help unfortunately... just sucked my wallet dry with what insurance didn't cover.

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your suffering, Bill. Hope you get resolution soon.

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kenpoist:
I don’t have any personal experience with it, but I hear great things about Kratom for chronic pain like that.

It's a Schedule 1 drug in Alabama, same as Heroin, so don't think I'll be getting it any time soon...

Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
That sucks. Perfectly legal here in Florida.

Big pharma at work

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post