SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bourbon, my friend and enemy
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon, my friend and enemy Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted
Bourbon, specifically Jim Beam, a straight Kentucky bourbon. It has become both my friend and my worst enemy!

Due to the degenerative disc disease in my neck and upper back, and the hesitancy of doctors to prescribe narcotics for pain relief these days, I pretty much rely on bourbon to kill the overwhelming pain in my neck since I have no other source of relief, and surgery a few years ago was a total waste of time and money!

I do NOT wish to become an alcoholic, but cannot afford any further medical help at this time either, so bourbon is the only relief I have for the pain! Dammit, it sucks!!!

I have a hearing in court August 3rd for disability, and if that is approved I might actually be able to get true medical relief without resorting to alcohol, but until then, Jim Beam does seem to help dull the pain. Please don’t judge... the situation sucks, and my family cannot afford anything more!!! Prayers would be appreciated if you would be so kind...

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sending good thoughts your way.

Posts: 7550 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Good thoughts sent your way. I hope you get a good result at your hearing. Hang in there brother!

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
In my prayers.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Good luck at the hearing! IMO, there are far worse substances you could be resorting to for pain management than bourbon.

(Gin and vodka, for example Cool)

Seriously, I hope it works out for you.

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
If you ever get to the place where you can get the Injections for your neck that I'm getting for the two ruptured disks in my lower back you won't need the bourbon for pain any more.
These Injections have been a godsend for me.
The pain was unrelenting and put such a cloud over my mood all day that I never want to go back to that place again.
But they certainly are not cheap.
$2,000 each , thankfully only $300 out of my pocket.

Hope you get the assistance you need.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Sorry BB, Prayers that things get to a better resolution.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Good luck at your hearing. Not sure when the medical marijuana train will roll into AL. Here it's abused by some but really seems to help others in similar situations.

Posts: 17886 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I had some neck pain a few years ago and it absolutely sucked. A few months of PT 3X per week really helped. Nothing more frustrating than pain where you can't sit, can't stand...can't do anything without a stabbing pain. Please keep up the PT.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
I don’t have any personal experience with it, but I hear great things about Kratom for chronic pain like that.

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
When I had 3rd degree burns on my leg to my ankle, nothing cut the pain like whiskey. Nothing.

Best of luck at the SSDI hearing!

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Bill, I’m sorry to hear about you’re pain and hope you get relief. Your story makes me wonder how many others are also resorting to alcohol for pain relief. Perfect example of why the government should not practice medicine and the consequences of this BS war on opiates.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Bill, I hope you get some medical relief soon.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear about your situation, Bill. We're all pulling for you!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Bad arthritis in my knees
Single malt scotch can be a real pain in the neck

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1308 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
bronicabill:

prayers for your recovery and restoration

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Good thoughts sent your way.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will be praying for you in your trials and struggles.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I hope that you get effective relief soon, Bill.

Some member has the tag line, “What whiskey won’t cure, there is no cure”. Frown

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8951 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Hope your hearing goes good and you will be able to get some relief. I had shots in my neck about 2 yrs. ago and I am still pain free, my lower back will be next.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post