SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I was just arrested by the Bellmawr NJ PD after leaving the gym.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I was just arrested by the Bellmawr NJ PD after leaving the gym. Login/Join 
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
The governor got all butt hurt yesterday that his authority was questioned.
I saw it reported yesterday that he said today would be different if the gym opened again.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
I'd find the best lawyer money can buy. My guess is, they'll be contacting you.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This was pressure from above. Someone in the NJ governor's office told the police how it was going to be.

From the link Sigmund posted:

quote:
Murphy was asked Monday during his coronavirus briefing about the gym’s reopening and he suggested the efforts to enforce the closure order may ramp up Tuesday. “We will take action,” Murphy said Monday. “If you show up at that gym tomorrow, there’s going to be a different reality than showing today.”

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Maybe contact the ACLU.....lol

I'm serious about the lawyer part.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Sorry Ramius, That is so messed up. Unbelievable really. I have always believed there is no shortage of those willing to do as instructed. No matter how bad it gets.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
This was pressure from above. Someone in the NJ governor's office told the police how it was going to be.

From the link Sigmund posted:

quote:
Murphy was asked Monday during his coronavirus briefing about the gym’s reopening and he suggested the efforts to enforce the closure order may ramp up Tuesday. “We will take action,” Murphy said Monday. “If you show up at that gym tomorrow, there’s going to be a different reality than showing today.”

Curious what happens tomorrow Eek Armed SWAT team? Are you going back Ramius?

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The sneaky bastages! Fargin' ice holes.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I violated the Governor's order and broke Q a few weeks ago to attend a Re-Open Rally, but local LE simply watched and didn't intervene...except in one case in which local PD intercepted a couple illegally open carrying handguns. Reportedly, after a lengthy exchange, the couple was allowed to leave...only to be intercepted be a group of State Police and Capitol Police and promptly arrested. The group of DPD officers returned, had a long exchange with the State Troopers and Capitol Police, and were able to get them to remove the cuffs and allowed the couple to leave.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

I thought you'd be bigger..... Razz

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Well, are you going back tomorrow?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Do you think he should?

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He said only if you go along. It is only a long day trip.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
This sort of shit really makes my blood boil.

I am conscious of, and appreciate Para's "we support the police" policy. Two of my cousins are retired NYPD. I am a former military prosecutor, and had great respect for my CID guys, particularly the undercover drug guy, and the CWO who ran the local office.

I hate to see this sort of thing, because it absolutely destroys the essential trust between the police and the citizenry.

I could never again look at a cop in that town with respect. My default setting dealing with them would start with "fuck you" and go downhill from there.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I think 5000 people showing up there tomorrow would put an end to his kind of thugery. I really do

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
So Gov. Dickbutt told the popo's how it's going to be huh?

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Everyone in that town should go back tomorrow.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Ha, they made the Class 2 officer arrest me.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

Do you think he should?
Probably not smart to go back tomorrow, but throwing the tea into the harbor was probably not smart either, although in retrospect it was the right thing to do.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post