SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I was just arrested by the Bellmawr NJ PD after leaving the gym.
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I was just arrested by the Bellmawr NJ PD after leaving the gym. Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Way to piss off the only segment of society that supports law enforcement right now.

I guess this is the strategy of the government.

Force the police to piss off the friendlies.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34083 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:

...then a SWARM of Camden County Sheriffs & local Bellmawr police (with K-9 units waiting in a vehicle)

What would the K-9's have been there for?

K9 officers take their dogs with them in their cars everywhere they go. The dog waits in the rear compartment of the vehicle when the K9 officer is doing something where the dog is not needed.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyMCO:
Ramius,
Are you getting compensated every time they use your image? The link below is to a commentary article on Real Clear Politics - and the first photo is of you being handcuffed!

https://www.realclearpolitics....r_agenda_143834.html

Lol, he was in public...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:

...then a SWARM of Camden County Sheriffs & local Bellmawr police (with K-9 units waiting in a vehicle)

K9 officers take their dogs with them in their cars everywhere they go. The dog waits in the rear compartment of the vehicle when the K9 officer is doing something where the dog is not needed.

I know that.

Are Bellmawr K9 officers always part of Bellmawr's arrest teams?

If they are, then my question is answered. If they are not, why did Bellmawr send them in this case?

To search for illegal drugs?

To search for gym owners hiding in the mop closet?

Or were they anticipating that the gym owners would violently resist arrest?

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
If they are not, why did Bellmawr send them in this case?

I can only speculate, but if you were going to arrest someone in/leaving a gym and thought he might decide to run, would you rather try to catch him yourself while encumbered with body armor, gun, magazines, ammunition, radio, pepper spray, TASER, heavy boots, and LBE—or would you rather have the dog do it?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RAMIUS are the daycare's closed or open there?

Posts: 110 | Location: florida | Registered: July 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:

For a legitimate arrest, to chase down a runner or search for a suspect that is hiding or assist in taking someone fighting into custody.

In this particular case, more likely show of force and intimidation. Makes for a good optic on the man who isn’t following the rules. Infers he is “dangerous” and there are risks.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know that.

If they are, then my question is answered. If they are not, why did Bellmawr send them in this case?

Just guessing you've never seen a planned arrest/raid?

Damn near every free uniform and non-uniform guy that's not busy eating doughnuts shows up. Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
If they are not, why did Bellmawr send them in this case?

I can only speculate, but if you were going to arrest someone in/leaving a gym and thought he might decide to run, would you rather try to catch him yourself while encumbered with body armor, gun, magazines, ammunition, radio, pepper spray, TASER, heavy boots, and LBE—or would you rather have the dog do it?

[VinnyGambiniImpersonation] So, youre gonna go with option C. Resisting arrest. [/VinnyGambiniImpersonation]

Smile

quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Just guessing you've never seen a planned arrest/raid?

Damn near every free uniform and non-uniform guy that's not busy eating doughnuts shows up. Razz

Oh, I've seen a few. Some were like that, many were not.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/us/new...ners-kick-barricades

The owners of Atilis gym in New Jersey reopened on Saturday by kicking down the wooden barricades authorities used to block their entrance amid coronavirus restrictions.

Co-owner Ian Smith posted a video of himself and his business partner, Frank Trumbetti, kicking the barriers and entering as a crowd cheers their decision. The dramatic display indicated that the months-long standoff between Gov. Phil Murphy and the gym owners wasn't finished.

Smith's caption contained a defiant message for New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy: "You will not trample one [sic] our rights and you will not destroy our lives. We will not back down. Ever."

Smith added: "Please share this to show what lengths we have to go to just to make a living for our families."

Smith and Trumbetti were arrested on Monday after they defied a court order allowing authorities to shut down their business. By Friday, Smith had apparently been released as he posted a video of himself announcing his decision to knock down the wooden barriers. New Jersey authorities, he said, erected those barriers after he and others removed the doors from their hinges in order to prevent the state from once again changing the locks.

more at link

Posts: 19504 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know that.

quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
For a legitimate arrest, to chase down a runner or search for a suspect that is hiding or assist in taking someone fighting into custody.

In this particular case, more likely show of force and intimidation. Makes for a good optic on the man who isn’t following the rules. Infers he is “dangerous” and there are risks.

In most agencies, being a K9 handler is a collateral assignment to being a patrol officer. They aren't that "special" and still end up taking calls for service, writing reports, making arrests, etc. In larger agencies it's more likely to be a full-time job "off the radio" (not taking dispatched calls other than K9 requests).

I know nothing of Bellmawr other than that the Wikipedia says there are all of about 12,000 people there, so I'd say that the overwhelming likelihood is that there is no significance to having a K9 team present - likely treated like any other officer. You might find that there was also a SWAT guy or two or a firearms instructor or any number of other collateral assignments present that were equally irrelevant.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post

RAMIUS - is that you at the :58 mark?

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3909 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Hey! That’s me!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Gov Murphy has a standard line thru this whole scam"We're Just not there yet" Fuck you phil!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Uh, wasn't that Bill Deblasio in that news clip when they were talking about Gov. Murphy??

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Hey! That’s me!

Cool

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:
[VIDEO]

RAMIUS - is that you at the :58 mark?
You just gotta love these two guys. God bless them and God's speed with their efforts. We all need to take a lesson from them.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Saw you on Fox this eve, all the best with the fight to stay open.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FYI I am here in Virginia Beach, Virginia and go to Planet Fitness. We enter the gym wearing a mask. I take it off and workout. I put it back on to leave. Then when I am outside I take my mask off again. Yeah stupid, like the masks really make a difference. At Planet Fitness instead of each cardio machine being used, they have every other one marked off so that people are separated by a cardio machine between. I pray you all win your battle !!! God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3053 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Way to piss off the only segment of society that supports law enforcement right now.

I guess this is the strategy of the government.

Force the police to piss off the friendlies.

Ditto: Remember who butters your bread douchbags!!!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post