SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I was just arrested by the Bellmawr NJ PD after leaving the gym.
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I was just arrested by the Bellmawr NJ PD after leaving the gym. Login/Join 
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
Strong work Ramius! I’ve seen posts from individuals describing their rights to be Covid free supersede everyone else’s right to live their life and function as a normal American. Sadly some of them are medical professionals as well and they like to throw out how they must care for those that are ill. I like to remind them of their Hippocratic oath. As a trauma surgeon I don’t pick and choose my patients. Whoever rolls through the door gets my best effort whether they’re the drunk who crashed their car or person recklessly driving an off-road vehicle or whatever the case may be. It really saddens me sometimes to see people who I know are intelligent to be so ignorant.
CPD SIG, thank you for your service and common sense approach as well as all the other LEOs who fight this battle daily along with a million other issues you must deal with each day. Stay safe! Lord knows I could never do the job you guys do!

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1893 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Great job RAMIUS.

Do you have a go fund me for legal representation? I’ll contribute.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’m in for a defense/attack fund!

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
This is what Law Enforcement Officers really need to consider.

With each of these overstepping infringements on our Constitutional Rights, that blue line gets a bit thinner.
Being honest, my opinion of Law Enforcement has been steadily dropping with each new overstep.
The trust in Law Enforcement is being greatly diminished, this will have long lasting effects.

I'll answer a few questions while I address this.

Kimber, you found out ONE INCIDENT where someone got arrested, which happens to be our guy Ramius. Sure, there's more.
How many incidents do you hear about or know about where the police get called, drive by, waive, and keep on going? How many incidents do you hear about where the police don't show up at all? Because that shit never makes the news.

How many cops do you think know about the hair dresser who put construction paper over the windows with a big "closed" sign on it, yet, she has her customers come through the back door, yet do nothing about it. Or better yet, helped her put up the paper over the windows because the stylist is about 5'4" and the cop is 6'2"? Or even when the cop tells his friends to go see her, and say "I sent you"? (And to tip her well)

Or the officers that do nothing about the bars they know about that basically turned into the old time "Speakeasy" with 20 or so people in them?

What about the officers who instruct store owners and clueless people that wearing a mask "IS NOT A LAW, only a suggestion from your governor."

What about the cops that refuse to wear masks because it's asinine?

Personally, I "coded out" 6 of theses bullshit jobs today with a 19-D (19- other police service D- no police service necessary). On a regular basis I tell my dispatchers to give me all those "they aren't social distancing" calls so I can code them out as bullshit and not waist anyone's time over them. I also have NO PROBLEM when they call for a supervisor, because they get ME, THE SGT THAT CODED THAT JOB OUT AND DID NOTHING ABOUT IT. Then a quick lesson on that part of the 1st Amendment that says "the right of peaceful assembly".
And I'm not the only one like that on my watch, or in my district or on my department.
I'm in a great position where I have 3 Lieutenants, a Captain and a Commander above me that all think the same.
"Drive by and waive"

(KevinCW- I just don't give a fuck anymore! I'm really sick of the bullshit! Come Oct, I'm in the KMA club and will be able to pull the pin)

If you pay a little attention, it's happening in a lot of place. Last week, it was Sheriffs in Pennsylvania. A sheriff in California said she was too busy locking up released criminals to enforce her governors suggestion.

I'm not saying that other parts of the city are like this, and other officers on Chicago are like this, because it would be a lie. But as the saying goes, "You can't fix stupid."

At some point soon, push is going to come to shove here in Chicago. Our twat of a mayor must have her way, same with our rotund Govenor. And we just got this new superintendent who is nothing but a clueless SJW and a hatchet man for the mayor. I wouldn't be surprised when a few bosses get fired down the line for not obeying orders and refusing to be the good little nazis that "Fatman and Little Boy" want us to be.
Unfortunately, some will follow those orders.

Open your eyes a little and see some of the truth of what's going on all over the country.
Open your eyes a little and see there's a lot of officers that kinda take that oath they took seriously and pay attention to laws and not suggestions.

RAMIUS- I'm sorry you had to go through this.
However, THANK YOU! Thank you for standing up for what's right.
If you do decide to sue, I'm behind you! However, fuck the aclu, they will make themselves millionaires, and give you a small slice of that pie.

And if you do it: GO ALL THE WAY! They'll waive a nice compensatory amount in front of you, ignore that.
Go for punitive damages.
Fuck that "motion to exclude"! Because there's going to be one, and they'll try to release the chief of police, the mayor and the governor from that suit. THOSE are the real criminals in this.
But you'll learn this real soon.

You have made some excellent points!
October will be he before you know it. Be safe and "Fire Pritzker"!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Fatman and Little Boy"

You made my day with this, thanks.

Posts: 828 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I think 5000 people showing up there tomorrow would put an end to his kind of thugery. I really do

Yep.. This is the only way to put an end to this. Police would be too overwhelmed to do anything about it. Strength in numbers

Posts: 635 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Some good points have been made however let me address this,” Kimber, you found out ONE INCIDENT”.

No there are many incidents, and that is where the trust begins to deteriorate.

I don’t believe it is necessary to post additional incidents, but they are easy to find.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
... snip... Sure, there's more... snip...

... snip... "Fatman and Little Boy"... snip...

I know that you are right about this. Regrettably, it's the same with all screwups; a little bit of "bad" often overshadows a universe of "good". Bellmawr didn't appear have any trouble finding enough officers on their force to staff up the cuff-and-stuff squad.

I have great respect for those of you, both line cops and leaders, who maintain the high standards and faithfulness to your oath that you describe in the face of negative pressure from your politicians and public. For you guys, I hope the job does not seem thankless.

Part of the anger that we all feel is that accountability is so divorced in time from the offending action. This will either be dismissed when the fever breaks, or it will take two years to go to trial. At that point, no one but RAMIUS, us, and a few activists will give a damn. The world will have moved on. In the moment, I want to huck a Molotov Cocktail through the station house window and skewer the command staff on pitchforks when they run out. The consequences for RAMIUS are personal and immediate; for the beat cops, command staff and politicians the consequences are diluted and deferred. I want to see the state, and its enforcers, get the same symbolic beat-down that they just gave RAMIUS right now, but I'm kind of a hot-head that way.

If I were a local, I would be in the parking lot when the gym opens today, and hope that 5000 others joined me. Continued pressure and continued defiance are necessary now.

As for "Fatman and Little Boy"; thanks! You are going to hell for that one, but you'd better save me a seat because I laughed HARD!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
If NJ has a stop and ID law, they ask your name while suspecting you of a crime and you refuse, that would be obstruction. In states where they have no stop and ID law, you'd probably be in the clear.

Stop and ID? What kind of Stalinist youth crap is that?

There is no such thing, Brown v. Texas,443 US 47 (1979) outlawed that practice more than 40 years ago.

given that, if the NJ statute on imposition of stupid regulations indicates that you can be arrested for violating stupid regulations, then a fail to ID arrest would be permissible under Brown (Note that I have NO IDEA what the law in New Jersey says, and have no inclination to go there)

I also work in a state where the governor, courts, legislature and, most importantly, THE PEOPLE dont want anyone arrested for this sort of thing, and our orders have an exemption for eating or drinking, so it gives the officer discretion to allow the citizen to indicate that he might go buy a beer to correct his non compliance, so it never comes up here.

The people of NJ have elected a bunch fools who have for at least 30 years that I can remember, have trampled on the rights of their own citizens, who insist on reelecting them (so apparently they like it), so what did anyone expect?

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2446 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Stop and ID? What kind of Stalinist youth crap is that?

quote:
Originally posted by car541:
There is no such thing, Brown v. Texas,443 US 47 (1979) outlawed that practice more than 40 years ago.
given that, if the NJ statute on imposition of stupid regulations indicates that you can be arrested for violating stupid regulations, then a fail to ID arrest would be permissible under Brown

Thanks, car541, for that. It’s another one of those things that everyone should understand.

quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
you are nuts

If they don’t want to end up being pilloried by public opinion and worse to the point of having their lives ruined, there are countless things that anyone with the sense of a turnip wouldn’t say out loud to anyone, much less post on the Internet. And anyone who hasn’t seen countless examples of why that’s true in this day in age must be less perceptive than a turnip.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to this there is no such law in New Jersey https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...nd_identify_statutes

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Ugly in Public

Wait, that's a crime now? I must have missed that in our latest Legislative Update class.

Damn... I better stay indoors.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When arresting a belligerent drunk who demanded to know why he was being arrested, a guy I worked with would say.... Ugly in Public.
At traffic accidents where rubberneckers were holding up traffic, he would threaten to charge them with Highway Gawkery.
He used the terms so often even I began to think they were legit.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Ugly in Public
Wait, that's a crime now? I must have missed that in our latest Legislative Update class.
Could he be charged with Mopery On The High Seas?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Arlo Guthrie's song, "Alice's Restaurant" >>

"And they was usin' up all kinds of cop equipment that they had hangin' around the Police Officer Station. They was takin' plaster tire tracks, footprints, dog-smellin' prints and they took twenty-seven 8 x 10 colored glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explainin' what each one was, to be used as evidence against us. Took pictures of the approach, the getaway, the northwest corner, the southwest corner. And that's not to mention the aerial photography!"

He said, "Kid, what'd you get?"
I said, "I didn't get nothin'. I had to pay fifty dollars and pick up the garbage."
He said, "What were you arrested for, kid?" and I said, "litterin'."
And they all moved away from me on the bench there, .. till I said, "and creatin' a nuisance."
And they all came back, shook my hand, and we had a great time...

ETA: I sent some support to your gofundme account.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/mk6...ellmawr-court-relief

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And based on everything I saw so far of the outlaw Ramius getting pinched, it looks like it was all a dog and pony show. It appears he was removed to the station just to be issued appearance citations.
Which could have been done right there in the parking lot.
How about it, Ramius, were you mugged, printed and booked into jail? Or cited and released?
Since he was an out of state resident and "Obstruction" was the charge, my court would have required him to be jailed pending posting of bond, not cited and released.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The governor got his panties in a twist and threw his little hissy fit because everyone ignored him so this was his petty retaliation. Has anybody heard about attendance today? Like some have said already, a huge crowd should turn out today at the gym to give him a big F..U

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Mopery On The High Seas?

Indiscriminate behavior, mopery, immoral provocation, and idleness.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Mopery On The High Seas?

Indiscriminate behavior, mopery, immoral provocation, and idleness.

Sounds like a good time!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 43 | Registered: April 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post