SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I was just arrested by the Bellmawr NJ PD after leaving the gym.
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I was just arrested by the Bellmawr NJ PD after leaving the gym. Login/Join 
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Sorry you have to go through this Ramius, but major thanks to you for standing up against this.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Wow! Eek
Thanks for that!

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3922 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
I'd be screaming Attica,Attica.

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
That is insane! You're at least wearing a N95 mask. Awesome job standing your ground in the face of tyranny.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Ramius, I'm not sorry you went through this, I thank you for it. Takes a man of conviction to stand up for what he believes in. About time I say. I have your back if you need anything. Just reach out, we got you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Dumb. Why the hell would any decent officer give a shit....

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Way to stand tall and proud Ramius, much respect brother

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
If NJ has a stop and ID law, they ask your name while suspecting you of a crime and you refuse, that would be obstruction. In states where they have no stop and ID law, you'd probably be in the clear.

Stop and ID? What kind of Stalinist youth crap is that?

May I see your papers please.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

I’d be happy to hear what active LEO think of this cluster....

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
quote:

I believe you just did. Short and sweet.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
quote:
quote:

I believe you just did. Short and sweet.

I believe there've been a couple others who've chimed-in with similar sentiments.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
When the government takes such actions, it creates a wider division between themselves and the public. This division will make their jobs more difficult and more dangerous as a result.

This is what Law Enforcement Officers really need to consider.

With each of these overstepping infringements on our Constitutional Rights, that blue line gets a bit thinner.
Being honest, my opinion of Law Enforcement has been steadily dropping with each new overstep.
The trust in Law Enforcement is being greatly diminished, this will have long lasting effects.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I just told you.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I just told you.

Sorry guys. I wasn’t clear. I was hoping to have more LEO comment specifically what they would have done and what they would have done or said to upper management.

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Handled yourself well Ramius. Hope it a works out well for you.

To the LEOs in the crowd: If you are instructed by your CO to arrest someone do you refuse? Can you refuse? I surmise a state agency response would likely be vastly different than a Sheriff's office, or even a city agency?

Posts: 3240 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I would have refused the order, and told the boss to do the job himself if he thought it was lawful.

However, I am not a young cop starting out or relatively short in service time.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:
Handled yourself well Ramius. Hope it a works out well for you.

To the LEOs in the crowd: If you are instructed by your CO to arrest someone do you refuse? Can you refuse? I surmise a state agency response would likely be vastly different than a Sheriff's office, or even a city agency?

My supervisor wouldn't tell me to arrest anyone; I have discretion on how I handle my cases. If he were to order me to I'd tell him to do it himself and walk away.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I just told you.

Sorry guys. I wasn’t clear. I was hoping to have more LEO comment specifically what they would have done and what they would have done or said to upper management.

If, in the days of social media, you expect an officer to post on a public forum, for all the world to see, that he would do anything other than what is approved by law and department policy, so it could be used against him when one person on whatever side of the issue feels slighted and decides to make an issue of it and complain and get him disciplined or fired... you are nuts.

Yes, trust me, I worded that carefully, for a reason....

But I sure as fuck am not going to give some fool, on ANY side, any leeway to twist my words around. I have been baited by left leaning folks a few times over the past few years.... in the past week, I was attempted to be baited by a right wing fellow with the same play book. It was sad, but thats kind of the status quo with those folks...

I will leave.it at this.

I will base my decision on:

1. The Constitution.
2. Applicable federal, state, and local law
3. Department policy.

In that order.

posted Hide Post
Another aspect to the Ramius situation: Are the local prosecutor and court wanting to get involved in this? Possibly (and hopefully) not. My guess is they will offer him a plea to Highway Gawkery or Ugly in Public with no fine and just court costs.
At that point, I would decline and demand a jury trial. The whole thing might just disappear then.
But, since it is New Jersey, who knows?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
This is what Law Enforcement Officers really need to consider.

With each of these overstepping infringements on our Constitutional Rights, that blue line gets a bit thinner.
Being honest, my opinion of Law Enforcement has been steadily dropping with each new overstep.
The trust in Law Enforcement is being greatly diminished, this will have long lasting effects.

I'll answer a few questions while I address this.

Kimber, you found out ONE INCIDENT where someone got arrested, which happens to be our guy Ramius. Sure, there's more.
How many incidents do you hear about or know about where the police get called, drive by, waive, and keep on going? How many incidents do you hear about where the police don't show up at all? Because that shit never makes the news.

How many cops do you think know about the hair dresser who put construction paper over the windows with a big "closed" sign on it, yet, she has her customers come through the back door, yet do nothing about it. Or better yet, helped her put up the paper over the windows because the stylist is about 5'4" and the cop is 6'2"? Or even when the cop tells his friends to go see her, and say "I sent you"? (And to tip her well)

Or the officers that do nothing about the bars they know about that basically turned into the old time "Speakeasy" with 20 or so people in them?

What about the officers who instruct store owners and clueless people that wearing a mask "IS NOT A LAW, only a suggestion from your governor."

What about the cops that refuse to wear masks because it's asinine?

Personally, I "coded out" 6 of theses bullshit jobs today with a 19-D (19- other police service D- no police service necessary). On a regular basis I tell my dispatchers to give me all those "they aren't social distancing" calls so I can code them out as bullshit and not waist anyone's time over them. I also have NO PROBLEM when they call for a supervisor, because they get ME, THE SGT THAT CODED THAT JOB OUT AND DID NOTHING ABOUT IT. Then a quick lesson on that part of the 1st Amendment that says "the right of peaceful assembly".
And I'm not the only one like that on my watch, or in my district or on my department.
I'm in a great position where I have 3 Lieutenants, a Captain and a Commander above me that all think the same.
"Drive by and waive"

(KevinCW- I just don't give a fuck anymore! I'm really sick of the bullshit! Come Oct, I'm in the KMA club and will be able to pull the pin)

If you pay a little attention, it's happening in a lot of place. Last week, it was Sheriffs in Pennsylvania. A sheriff in California said she was too busy locking up released criminals to enforce her governors suggestion.

I'm not saying that other parts of the city are like this, and other officers on Chicago are like this, because it would be a lie. But as the saying goes, "You can't fix stupid."

At some point soon, push is going to come to shove here in Chicago. Our twat of a mayor must have her way, same with our rotund Govenor. And we just got this new superintendent who is nothing but a clueless SJW and a hatchet man for the mayor. I wouldn't be surprised when a few bosses get fired down the line for not obeying orders and refusing to be the good little nazis that "Fatman and Little Boy" want us to be.
Unfortunately, some will follow those orders.

Open your eyes a little and see some of the truth of what's going on all over the country.
Open your eyes a little and see there's a lot of officers that kinda take that oath they took seriously and pay attention to laws and not suggestions.

RAMIUS- I'm sorry you had to go through this.
However, THANK YOU! Thank you for standing up for what's right.
If you do decide to sue, I'm behind you! However, fuck the aclu, they will make themselves millionaires, and give you a small slice of that pie.

And if you do it: GO ALL THE WAY! They'll waive a nice compensatory amount in front of you, ignore that.
Go for punitive damages.
Fuck that "motion to exclude"! Because there's going to be one, and they'll try to release the chief of police, the mayor and the governor from that suit. THOSE are the real criminals in this.
But you'll learn this real soon.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post