SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I was just arrested by the Bellmawr NJ PD after leaving the gym.
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I was just arrested by the Bellmawr NJ PD after leaving the gym. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

...Colorado law:
“Colorado Revised Statute 24-33.5-704. The governor and disaster emergencies - response - duties and limitations.
“Executive orders, proclamations, and regulations have the force and effect of law.”

Under C.R.S. 25-1-114, it’s also unlawful to disobey public health orders...

Is there a time limit to these emergency declarations? Could the gym (and other "non-essential" facilities) be closed for a year?

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
If I wore a hat I'd surely tip it to you, sir.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope you sue their dicks off and become a wealthy man for this

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Is there a time limit to these emergency declarations? Could the gym (and other "non-essential" facilities) be closed for a year?

That I have no idea except I didn’t see any mention in my brief scan of the statutes.

As I’ve alluded to before, a significant problem with the laws (IMO, of course) is that they weren’t drafted with something like the current pandemic in mind. In my experience with exercises pertaining to pandemic response, quarantines and especially their effects were hardly on policy makers’ radar. If they weren’t so much as thinking about what they might entail and why they might be imposed, they certainly weren’t thinking about how long they should last.

I can’t think of a different crisis permitting emergency declarations that wouldn’t be more or less self-limiting.
Have a tornado that leads to dangerous conditions in a specific area? Can’t go there until things have been cleaned up and made safe. Wildfire? Leave and stay out until it’s contained. Blizzard closes roads? Wait until they’re clear.
As we’re seeing and reminded of daily, though, a pandemic is very open-ended.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Man, these fucking cops should be ashamed of themselves. Watching the videos pisses me off even more. Mad

The cops don't make me sick here. This is the exact first step that has to happen for the travesty of the all the governors' executive orders to be corrected in our justice system. Mad props to Ramius for being the one to get it started.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I’m honored gentlemen.

Was I supposed to be read Miranda Rights for this?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
I’m honored gentlemen.

I really think you can rest well tonight. The side of good has your back.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
This is the exact first step that has to happen ....

We can hope.
I am reminded of the laws that were passed prohibiting firearms confiscations following the Katrina experience.

And Miranda warnings are required only if the police question someone in custody. No questioning, no warnings necessary.*

* Under the provisions of the original Supreme Court ruling. Local agency policy or even statutes or case law might be more stringent.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m honored gentlemen.

Were you arrested? The answer to that is the answer to your question, TTBOMK. IANAL.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Were you arrested?

I'd say cuffing somebody, placing them in the back of a patrol car, and taking them to the police station would qualify.

This is what I was talking about a few weeks back, as well as the officer who made the video and was fired because of it.

When the government takes such actions, it creates a wider division between themselves and the public. This division will make their jobs more difficult and more dangerous as a result.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15693 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
If you were questioned or your statement taken, then yes, they should have Mirandized you.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Nothing but respect, RAMIUS.

Posts: 1779 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Proud of you Ramius.

Walking the talk and standing proud.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3457 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Respect, you did well. I am curious why the chickensh*t obstruction citation - you cooperated and this seems petty and not remotely warranted.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Now that you've hit the lottery we'll have to start scoping out potential Sigforum range properties.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
If NJ has a stop and ID law, they ask your name while suspecting you of a crime and you refuse, that would be obstruction. In states where they have no stop and ID law, you'd probably be in the clear.

Posts: 3492 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m honored gentlemen.

We should be the ones honored. You’re taking a stand that very few would be willing to. Thank you.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
What's the crime? Violating an illegal executive order?

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12745 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Defying His Excellency, the Governor

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
If NJ has a stop and ID law, they ask your name while suspecting you of a crime and you refuse, that would be obstruction. In states where they have no stop and ID law, you'd probably be in the clear.

Stop and ID? What kind of Stalinist youth crap is that?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post