SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I was just arrested by the Bellmawr NJ PD after leaving the gym.
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I was just arrested by the Bellmawr NJ PD after leaving the gym. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Defiant gym owners return to 'Tucker' after having business license yanked

https://youtu.be/COLFP-dQjRM

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Defiant gym owners return to 'Tucker' after having business license yanked.
And when Tucker asked them what comes next, they noted they intended to open for business as usual tomorrow. These guys are going to take this to the very end of this road. I wish them all the best in their efforts, and that Governor Murphy falls down a hole that has no bottom.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
There are 2 problems:
1) they have the rest of the state's gym owners against them as they feel THEY are being punished because of these 2 owners.
2) The awards will come from the taxpayers, not the governor personally, so they may win the war but there will be a lot of animosities felt towards them.

Personally I side with them for standing up to this tyrant. I do however miss my gym.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The same type of situation is currently going on in Az. The gym owners here are contesting the Govs mandate.

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe the other gym owners in NJ should stand up for themselves like these two guys rather than lay down for this clown governor. I really believe if enough people would fight back and oppose these idiots, changes would come.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
Maybe the other gym owners in NJ should stand up for themselves like these two guys rather than lay down for this clown governor. I really believe if enough people would fight back and oppose these idiots, changes would come.

We agree, but it's hard to blame people for not wanting to go against Tammany Hall.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
' ... this is the world we live in and justice does not always prevail. ' ----- A.G Russert, "Shooter"

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
Bingo. The cowardice of the rest of the gym owners is not these guys issue. It would make it a whole lot harder for Murphy if he had to wage war against all of the gym owners instead of just two.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Pure and unadulterated tyranny"

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
' ... this is the world we live in and justice does not always prevail. ' ----- A.G Russert, "Shooter"

You forgot the most important part...."it's not the Wild West where you can clean up the streets with a gun... even though sometimes that's exactly what's needed."

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Infidel
posted Hide Post
"You can't slit the throat of everyone whose character it would improve." - Al Swearengen

I hate offended people. They come in two flavours - huffy and whiny - and it's hard to know which is worst. The huffy ones are self-important, narcissistic authoritarians in love with the sound of their own booming disapproval, while the whiny, sparrowlike ones are so annoying and sickly and ill-equipped for life on Earth you just want to smack them round the head until they stop crying and grow up.
- Charlie Brooker

Posts: 646 | Location: Sammamish, WA | Registered: May 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Embattled Atilis Gym owners Ian Smith and Frank Trumbetti partnered with a local political candidate running for the U.S. Senate in an effort to keep the state of New Jersey from closing their gym.

Atilis Gym is now a designated campaign rally and volunteer location for “Rik Mehta for Senate” in New Jersey, Smith and Trumbetti revealed early Friday night. "All members are invited to join us in exercising their rights by coming to the facility to volunteer their time, donate, and participate in activities," they said.

Two days after the Bellmawr, New Jersey, gym was fined nearly $130,000 for repeatedly defying Gov. Phil Murphy's executive order to stay closed during the COVID-19 pandemic, Rik Mehta, a GOP senate candidate challenging Sen. Cory Booker, joined forces with the gym owners.

Smith told the Washington Examiner that the state of New Jersey has been notified of this designation. "Any fines levied or attempt to barricade our doors would now be a political interference with an active Senate Campaign," he said in a statement. "Rik Mehta has been one of the only political figures in NJ to show his support for the rights of small businesses. Where others have 'spoken' support Rik has shown action."

Mehta, a biotech entrepreneur, lauded their union, saying in a press release, "Our campaign will begin holding daily political rallies by those members who volunteer on our campaign at the Atilis Gym location in Bellmawr. My campaign is rooted in supporting the hardworking people of New Jersey and saving the small businesses that are the backbone of our economy both here in New Jersey and across our great country."

https://www.washingtonexaminer...o-keep-business-open

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Atilis Gym is now a designated campaign rally and volunteer location for “Rik Mehta for Senate” in New Jersey, Smith and Trumbetti revealed early Friday night.
Smith told the Washington Examiner that the state of New Jersey has been notified of this designation. "Any fines levied or attempt to barricade our doors would now be a political interference with an active Senate Campaign," he said in a statement.

Sheer genius! I laughed for joy when I read this!

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Atilis Gym is now a designated campaign rally and volunteer location

That is outstanding! Way to stick it that tin horn dictator Murphy!!!

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Absolutely freaking awesome!

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes the good guys come out on top!!

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
This have kept me smiling most of the day. Thanks for the reminder!

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Atilis Gym is now a designated campaign rally and volunteer location for “Rik Mehta for Senate” in New Jersey, Smith and Trumbetti revealed early Friday night.
Smith told the Washington Examiner that the state of New Jersey has been notified of this designation. "Any fines levied or attempt to barricade our doors would now be a political interference with an active Senate Campaign," he said in a statement.

Sheer genius! I laughed for joy when I read this!
Me too. Big Grin And I think I heard Murphy cussing all the way down here in Florida when he was told what has happened.

Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
This appears to be a plunger handle shoved up Murphy's Ass!
Hope it's well splintered.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
This appears to be a plunger handle shoved up Murphy's Ass!
Hope it's well splintered.

I think I might have to cruise over and Show some political support and maybe get a workout in as well Cool

Ever since Dan Bongino was there, things started happening. Even the go fund me for the legal fees went up 300k+!

I think they’re were getting fined something like 10k-15k each day.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RAMIUS,

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post