SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I was just arrested by the Bellmawr NJ PD after leaving the gym.
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I was just arrested by the Bellmawr NJ PD after leaving the gym. Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Clearly, you need to organize a counter-counter protest, so you can protest the protesters who are protesting the protesters who are protesting the government.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
(No need to re-post photo of camera in parking lot)

Link to news article quoted below

BELLMAWR — The owners of the Atilis Gym were charged for a third day in a row while six other people were cited with violating the pandemic orders by patronizing the gym.

The Camden County gym first opened on Monday with about 200 people gathered in the parking lot to show support. The gym took temperatures of members and informed them about the safety rules before letting them inside.

Ian Smith and Frank Trumbetti on Wednesday were cited again for violating the executive order closing non-essential businesses during the emergency. On Wednesday, police also charged them for the first time with making a public nuisance, State Police Superintendent Patrick Callahan said during the governor's news briefing.

Callahan hinted at an additional "actions and measures" against the gym involving the state Department of Health.

Gov. Phil Murphy said that it's a "health reality" that data shows indoor locations with no ventilation and close contact like a gym and restaurants are not good candidates to open.

"We're just not there yet on gyms. We're not there yet on indoor dining. Do we want to be there? Will we get there? Please, God, yes. But we're not there today. This is not just a point of principle; this is a reality that we are just not there yet. It's a public health matter," Murphy said.

According to the borough website, five people were issued summonses for violating the executive order on Tuesday. One person was charged with organizing a protest and one was charged with obstructing the administration of law.

Smith told New Jersey 101.5 that Bellmawr police have set up a camera in the parking lot of the shopping center to record gym members as they enter and leave.

"They're watching and recording what's going on and keeping track of how long the cars are in the parking lot so that people can't say they were just in the nutrition shop or something because we do have a nutrition shop, which is an essential business," Smith said.

The pole holding the camera has "Voorhees police" written on it.

"They're pulling people over and making criminals out of people just coming to the gym," Smith said, adding that he is unaware of anyone being arrested. Smith said "several" people called the gym after encountering police.

Smith believes Murphy himself is directing the actions of police against those who are in violation and called it "cowardly" to come after his members.

"It seems as if Gov. Murphy's orders are to sort of terrorize the members. It seems as if he is trying to scare members from coming at this point. He's been picking on and harassing members now for two days," Smith said.

"We know for a fact that the local Bellmawr police are being forced into doing this, with absolute certainty. It's a gross misuse of police power. It's a really low, underhanded tactic. I don't know how long he plans to keep it up for," Smith said.

Smith said all members who make an appointment to work out have been accommodated and they have not reached their capacity of 44 at one time.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Must not be any real crime in that town.

Bellmawr is what? Five or so miles from downtown Camden? Yup, no other crime going on around there. Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

The health department shut off power and water during the dark of night. And then for some reason the gym had a huge sewage backup problem.
Somehow, the local "authorities," Murphy, and every level between them, needs to pay for this.

My fondest hope is that their actions will be found to be illegal, and then each and every individual who played a role in this, from the locals up to and including the governor, will be sued into personal bankruptcy by a team of hungry and vicious lawyers.

Works for me! These asswipes need to pay for their idiotic actions.

They decree asinine nonsense, then get all PO'd when the people actually affected by it get ticked off.

When and where is the Tea Party?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pessimist:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Hopefully the owners had some sort of motion activated video camera system for such an occurrence.

Doesn't seem like they do and they certainly couldn't go to the police with it if they did. If their story is correct, whoever did it had to gain access to the gym. It certainly wasn't one of their members.
They wouldn't need to go to the police, they could release it to social media and sit back.

Honetly, if I was going to pull this kind of resistance, multiple, redundant, battery operated security cameras would be one of the first things I got.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:

"We know for a fact that the local Bellmawr police are being forced into doing this, with absolute certainty. It's a gross misuse of police power.

Nobody's being forced to do anything.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
When and where is the Tea Party?

Instead of throwing tea into the water, they could start with the government surveillance towers.

quote:
Nobody's being forced to do anything.

There's only one job in this country where you are forced to do (most of) what you're told, and that is as a member of our military.

Outside of that you are free to work, free to quit, free to find another job, or free not to work at all. Nobody is holding you at gun point to make you appear or perform tasks.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15714 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
How will anyone living in that town ever have any respect for those police officers after this?

Good question! They act more like gestapo agents that American LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS!

What happened to that oath they supposedly took?

You know the one about the constitution?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
This ridiculous shit is almost enough to make me sign up for facebook so I can leave a thoughtful post on the Bellmawr police facebook page.

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Some masked patriots (gotta wear that mask in public) in the dead of night should begin to consider what accidents could befall government surveillance cameras.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3599 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^THIS!!! I expect that equipment will be soon be rendered non-functioning! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8877 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
A fella could accomplish a lot with some night vision and a can do attitude.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3599 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
In response to a deleted post

OK, let's cease with the pseudo-subtle hints about vandalism. Just stop it right now. What do you guys think that kind of stuff gains us in all of this? At this point, all we would accomplish with violence and vandalism is giving these oppressive authorities in New Jersey an excuse to take more drastic (and illegal) action.

Remediation must be sought through the courts, unless you've got an army formed, trained and at your command, which you do not. So let's just stow the fantasy, please.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
I don't think our society recovers from this nonsense. We have truly been gelded.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
We will recover, this new normal the msm, and Dems are pushing will not last. Hell even on CA people told the governor to shove it and went to the beach. You can only push people so far with this crap. There will be sheep who will believe what ever they are told, but the American people will go back to what was normal.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Seems like shutting off the water and power, on orders from the health department, would make the health and sanitation situation worse - not better. Not a well thought out decision. But that is what government does - make things worse.

With a few exceptions the politicians have boned up this whole pandemic horseshit, and are bitterly clinging to the whole narrative. Admit they were wrong, ha.

Counter protesters - likely ball licking lap dog union goons and maybe some of the convicts recently released from prison and whatever other dregs of society they can dig up. How ridiculous - I am going to protest you coming out in public in a group, by coming out in public in a group.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Ramius you represent us well!
Go Fund me:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/mk6...ign=p_cp+share-sheet

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8351 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Do you know that every three days in this world, someone is suggesting a "new normal"? Do you know how worn out and utterly meaningless that phrase has become? There is no such thing as a "new normal". Can you guys check into getting some deprogramming for the brainwashing the news media have given you?

Some of you have stumbled across the fact that you can't post the word "cocaine" here without your post getting queued up for review? Why is this? Is it because I have an aversion to drugs? No, it's because some members, when referring to Mitch McConnell, drove the nickname "Cocaine Mitch" into the fucking ground, so much so that I got tired of it and "cocaine" is now a trigger word which flags your post for review.

And, as a result, that shit has stopped. If necessary, I'll do the same thing to stop this "new normal" crap. Cease and desist, please.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
The cops put these cameras in the lot yesterday

Yup. And this is all Bellmawr police. The amount of resources they are using for this ridiculous nonsense is shameful.

This is the hill they are willing to die on. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

OK, let's cease with the pseudo-subtle hints about vandalism.
Wilco. Deleted.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post