SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I was just arrested by the Bellmawr NJ PD after leaving the gym.
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I was just arrested by the Bellmawr NJ PD after leaving the gym. Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

I'll answer a few questions while I address this.

Proof, as if any was needed, that Chicago has the worst leaders and the best LEOs.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Something just occurred to me that I haven't seen asked. When this situation is the other way around the left claims that they receive death threats and other harassment.

I'm assuming since Ramius hasn't said anything about it, he hasn't received any.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
Something just occurred to me that I haven't seen asked. When this situation is the other way around the left claims that they receive death threats and other harassment.

I'm assuming since Ramius hasn't said anything about it, he hasn't received any.

Nope, no death threats. I'm glad I didn't give them my last name though.

I'd hope the left would also see how damn ridiculous this is.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Ugly in Public
Wait, that's a crime now? I must have missed that in our latest Legislative Update class.
Could he be charged with Mopery On The High Seas?

This reminds me of: "...wanted in 14 counties of this state, the condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, perjury, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and, contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards..."

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Here's what a fuck up Murphy is:

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here's what a fuck up Murphy is:

But, with the mask on, can we realllllly be sure?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Some good points have been made however let me address this,” Kimber, you found out ONE INCIDENT”.

No there are many incidents, and that is where the trust begins to deteriorate.

I don’t believe it is necessary to post additional incidents, but they are easy to find.

You also don't believe in quoting the entire sentence, or just the part that suits you?
It's obvious that the point I'm attempting to make is lost on you.

Don’t be silly.
Nobody likes the long paragraphs reposted numerous times.

Including the Boss, who has several times, recently, asked members to trim quoted content to the bits relevant to the point they're addressing.

OTOH, Kimber1911, he did concede "Sure, there's more." So you did perhaps over-trim just a mite. And it seems you did miss his larger point: That, while there are cops that behave as the Bellmawr, NJ cops have, the vast majority choose to disregard their local tyrants' edicts--most of which you rarely, if ever, hear about.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Yes, I did not pay much attention after “ONE INCIDENT”.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RAMIUS, I really hope you get an invitation to appear on Tucker Carlson to tell your story one of these evenings very soon.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5158 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.courierpostonline....r-murphy/5224803002/

Freeholder: Gym's reopening, demonstration put people at risk

Jim Walsh, Cherry Hill Courier-Post
Published 6:29 p.m. ET May 19, 2020 | Updated 11:10 p.m. ET May 19, 2020

CAMDEN – Camden County’s top elected official on Tuesday criticized the unauthorized opening of a Bellmawr gym, as well as a crowd that gathered in support of the business.

Meanwhile, police stepped up enforcement of an executive order that barred the gym from operating as a non-essential business during a COVID-19 state of emergency.

Officers issued summons violations for a second day for operating the gym for a second day, while several patrons also faced charges, according to Bellmawr police.

“In short, there is a right way and wrong way to do things and the actions that have transpired at (The Atilis Gym) are clearly the wrong way,” Freeholder Director Louis Cappelli Jr. asserted in a statement.

The gym opened Monday in defiance of an executive order by Gov. Phil Murphy that has idled “non-essential businesses” since March 21.

This content is being provided for free as a public service to our readers during the coronavirus outbreak. Help support local journalism with a Courier-Post subscription.

The gym’s co-owners, Ian Smith and Frank Trumbetti, contend the shutdown order violates their constitutional rights. They were cheered by dozens of flag-waving demonstrators outside the Browning Road business.

Cappelli asserted Monday’s “capricious actions” threatened the fight against the coronavirus, which has infected more than 5,800 Camden County residents and killed at least 280.

Camden County health officials reported eight deaths Tuesday, including five Camden residents.

“Having rallies with congregations of people close together without masks is putting people at risk to spread the virus,” said Cappelli, who added “arbitrarily opening a nonessential business is breaking the law.”

Bellmawr police on Tuesday issued summons violations for a second day to Smith and Trumbetti.

In addition, five patrons received summons violations for disobeying the executive order on Tuesday, said Bellmawr Police Chief William Walsh.

One person was charged with obstructing the administration of law and another was charged with organizing a protest in violation of the governor's order, the chief said.

A lawyer for Smith and Trumbetti has vowed to challenge the executive order in court.

Attorney James Mermigis of New York has described Murphy’s mandate as “draconian” and “a gross abuse of power.”

A GoFundMe campaign, organized to help pay the gym's legal fees, had raised more than $31,000 by Tuesday afternoon.

“There is no question this has been tough on all of us,” said Cappelli, noting people have lost jobs and are experiencing food insecurity.

But he contended “strong, painful measures” are needed “because the alternative of increased hospitalizations, ICU bed usage, ventilators and death is not acceptable.”

At a press conference Tueday, Murphy said, “We are not there yet (for gyms to reopen).”

Among other concerns, he cited the risk of contagion for people exercising together in an enclosed space.

Murphy has eased restrictions on some outdoor activities, with tennis clubs, batting cages and community gardens to open at 6 a.m. Friday.

Camden County said its driving range at Cooper River Park will open at 10 a.m. Friday.

Among other changes, outdoor seating will be removed and clubhouse access will be restricted.

"Staff will wear gloves and face coverings at all times," according to a county announcement.

Also Tuesday, South Jersey officials reported at least 24 new deaths due to COVID-19.

The toll included nine fatalities in Atlantic County, five in Gloucester County and two in Burlington County.

The overall toll rose to 121 in Atlantic County, 126 in Gloucester County and 247 in Burlington County.

Jim Walsh is a free-range reporter who’s been roaming around South Jersey for decades. His interests include crime, the courts, economic development and being first with breaking news. Reach him at jwalsh@gannettnj.com

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
...said Cappelli, who added “arbitrarily opening a nonessential business is breaking the law.”

Balls, big balls. One persons "nonessential business", is essential to another. Completely fed up with .gov telling me what's "essential".

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
quote:
Another was charged with organizing a protest

That might be the stupidest charge name I have ever heard of. Is that penal code chapter named "Criminal exercise of constitutional rights"

Anyone who gets arrested for that should be allowed to be booked under the name "mahatma"

Y'all Yankees sure are different.

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2447 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:

I’ve lost all hope that the Left will learn anything

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
At a press conference Tueday, Murphy said, “We are not there yet (for gyms to reopen).”
But feel free to hit all the Walmarts, grocery stores, Home Depots, Lowes, etc you want because lots of people don't congregate there. Roll Eyes This Murphy guy is retarded on a whole new level. I hope every one of these Dem POS' get hammered at the polls the next time they come up for re-election, but I also know that's likely a pipe dream. Vote for wannabee Dem dictators and don't be surprised when they act tyrannical.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:

I’ve lost all hope that the Left will learn anything
Do we hope that our children or our dogs 'learn' something as they mature, or do we as responsible people actively seek to teach them. Do we hope cockroaches learn to stay out of our homes or do we tent the place and eliminate the problem permanently. The Left doesn't need to learn anything. Enough people in this country need to get completely fed up with their BS, band together, and hand them their asses big time. They don't need to be taught, they need to be removed from the political landscape.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Forgive me if it's been said - has the gym opened today, for the 3rd day in a row?

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:

But he contended “strong, painful measures” are needed “because the alternative of increased hospitalizations, ICU bed usage, ventilators and death is not acceptable

How many times will we continue to repeat the same lies? Even with the government inflating the numbers, it isn’t disputed over 99 percent who contract the virus survive.

Open the country and leave people alone.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
nonessential business

What? It is essential for many Americans. It's a health place dammit, not a damn bar. I had shoulder surgery last year and I'm still supposed to be doing my own PT for the slap tear repair so I regain and keep full function. Straps and bands no longer do me any good. I need the cable machine to go through my weekly regiment given to me by my ortho and pt doctors. It's got damn essential to me and I know of multiple people rehabbing from injuries or surgeries that cannot go because of this violation of our rights. I could maybe 1/10th get this if it was a rub and tug, but a gym? Fuck these politicians.

Ramius, man among boys. Good for you. I hope this gets more national attention. For fuksakes you were even wearing a mask! What do they want us to do, wear bio suits to let us work out?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Assuming youtube doesn't remove it. I've already downloaded it.

I did as well.
if someone will send the file to me, I'll upload it as a backup and even post it on my server.

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
What? It is essential for many Americans. It's a health place dammit, not a damn bar.

It doesn't matter if it's a bar. Bars pay taxes, have employees, and pay rent. They purchase products through distributors who have warehouse workers and truck drivers. Distributors purchase from manufacturers who have all sorts of employees.

All businesses are essential. All jobs are essential. If they weren't essential, they wouldn't exist. We are all ants in a colony and play a role in the collective. You start knocking down parts of it, and the entire thing may collapse.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post