SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    MS-13 members facing Federal Indictments Murder & more
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MS-13 members facing Federal Indictments Murder & more Login/Join 
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted
Department of Justice
Office of Public Affairs
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, June 29, 2018
Twenty-Four Alleged MS-13 Members Facing Federal Indictment for Violent Racketeering, Murder, and Money Laundering Conspiracies
Gang Members Allegedly Committed Five Murders, Conspired to Murder Eight Persons, Engaged in Kidnappings, Extortion, and Drug Trafficking
A federal grand jury has returned a third superseding indictment charging 24 alleged members and associates of the gang MS-13. The indictment was returned on June 27, and unsealed yesterday.

The indictment was announced by Acting Assistant Attorney General John P. Cronan of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division, U.S. Attorney Robert K. Hur for the District of Maryland; Special Agent in Charge Gordon B. Johnson of the FBI, Baltimore Field Office; Acting Special Agent in Charge Cardell T. Morant of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations (ICE-HSI) Baltimore Office; Chief Edward G. Hargis of the Frederick City Police Department; Frederick County State’s Attorney J. Charles Smith III; Chief Timothy J. Altomare of the Anne Arundel County Police Department; Anne Arundel County State’s Attorney Wes Adams; Chief Henry P. Stawinski III of the Prince George’s County Police Department; Prince George’s County State’s Attorney Angela D. Alsobrooks; Chief J. Thomas Manger of the Montgomery County Police Department and Montgomery County State’s Attorney John McCarthy.

“MS-13 is ravaging communities throughout the United States with brutal violence, recruiting children to their murderous ranks, destroying families, and leaving behind countless victims,” said Acting Assistant Attorney General Cronan. “This indictment — which charges two dozen alleged MS-13 members with senseless acts of violence — is the latest example of the Department of Justice’s unwavering commitment to combatting violent gangs that prey on communities, whether in Maryland or elsewhere in our country.”

“MS-13 is one of the most violent and ruthless gangs on the streets today,” said U.S. Attorney Hur. “Working with our state and local partners, and using the tools of our Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Forces, we are determined to dismantle this organization to make our communities in Maryland safer.”

“This indictment is a direct result of the hard work and dedication shared by state, local and federal authorities in their efforts to combat violent gangs in our Maryland communities,” said Special Agent in Charge Gordon B. Johnson, of the FBI's Baltimore Division. “We are committed to combating this epidemic of violence that often takes young lives and creates fear in our communities. The FBI and our partners will aggressively pursue gangs wherever they surface and are steadfast to making Maryland a safe place for our citizens.”

“We will not allow MS-13 and its members or their affiliates to bring their nefarious and deadly activities into our neighborhoods,” said Acting Special Agent in Charge Cardell T. Morant. “I am proud of the dedicated agents who have duly executed their duties in our collective pursuit of law, order and justice.”

Twenty-one defendants are charged with conspiracy to participate in a racketeering enterprise known as La Mara Salvatrucha, or MS-13, including:

Jorge Raul Guerra Castillo, aka “Pelon,”36;
Carlos Hernandez Diaz, aka “Positivo,” 25;
Milton Portillo Rodriguez, aka “Little Gangster,” and “Seco,” 23;
Juan Carlos Sandoval Rodriguez, aka “Picaro,” 19;
Francisco Ramirez Pena, aka “Tepo,” and “Advertencia,” 24;
Jose Alberto Sibrian Garcia, aka “Chango,” 26;
Darwin Arias Mejia, aka “City,” and “City Boy,” 25;
Miguel Lopez Abrego, aka “Timido,” 30;
Albaro Rosa Moreno, aka “Slow,” 23;
Ervin Arrue Figureoa, aka “Tricky,” 19;
Ronald Mendez Sosa, 20;
Edwin Ruiz Urrutia, aka “Sylvestre,” 19:
Brenda Argueta Arguete, aka “Prima,” 19;
Carlos Ventura Morales, aka “Pantaya,” 30; and
Danny Hernandez Solorzano, aka “Titre,” 20.
The names of six other defendants charged in the racketeering conspiracy remain sealed.

In addition, Darvin Guerra Zacarias, aka “Chapin,” 26, and Luis Fernando Cruz Rodriguez, aka “Catra,” 21, are charged with conspiracy to commit murder in aid of racketeering, along with Guerra Castillo, Hernandez Diaz, Portillo Rodriguez, Sandoval Rodriguez, Ramirez Pena, Arias Mejia, Rosa Moreno, Arrue Figueroa, Mendez Sosa, Ruiz Urrutia, and Argueta Argueta.

Samuel Diaz-Ramos, aka “Pequeno,” 32, is charged with money laundering conspiracy.

According to the indictment, MS-13 is a national and international gang composed primarily of immigrants or descendants from El Salvador. Branches or “cliques” of MS-13, one of the largest street gangs in the United States, allegedly operate throughout Frederick County, Anne Arundel County, Prince George’s County and Montgomery County, Maryland. All of the defendants except for Rosa Moreno were allegedly members and associates of the Fulton Locotes Salvatrucha Fulton clique of MS-13. Rosa Moreno was an alleged member and associate of the Parkview Locos Salvatrucha clique Parkview of MS-13.

The six-count indictment alleges that from 2015 and continuing through 2017, MS-13 members and associates engaged in racketeering activity that included murders, conspiracies to commit murder, attempted murders, extortion, robbery, kidnapping, drug trafficking and money laundering.

Specifically, the indictment alleges that the defendants murdered five individuals in Frederick, Anne Arundel, and Montgomery Counties, Maryland, dismembering three of them. In addition, the defendants allegedly conspired to murder eight individuals, maiming and assaulting one of the individuals with a machete, shooting one individual in the head, and kidnapping and threatening another individual with a firearm to extract payment for extortion.

Initial appearances for the defendants were scheduled in U.S. District Court in Baltimore starting yesterday.

An indictment is merely an allegation, and all defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.

The investigation was conducted by FBI Baltimore Field Office; HSI Baltimore; the Frederick City Police Department; the Anne Arundel, Montgomery, and Prince George’s County Police Departments; and the Anne Arundel, Frederick, Montgomery, and Prince George’s County States Attorneys with assistance from the Baltimore County Police Department. Trial Attorney Catherine K. Dick of the Criminal Division’s Organized Crime and Gang Section and Assistant U.S. Attorneys Kenneth S. Clark and Matthew Dellabetta of the District of Maryland are prosecuting this Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force case.

Source

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Poor Ronald Mendez Sosa doesn't have any street cred, yet he's gonna be locked up with these boys.

By the way, if MS-13 isn't in your neck of the woods, they will be. Wherever you see a population of "migrants", they will soon to follow. Other than this "Baltimore" focus, their operation occurs where the Latino population is.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
Poor Ronald Mendez Sosa doesn't have any street cred, yet he's gonna be locked up with these boys.

By the way, if MS-13 isn't in your neck of the woods, they will be. Wherever you see a population of "migrants", they will soon to follow. Other than this "Baltimore" focus, their operation occurs where the Latino population is.

No.

MS-13 is heavily Central American, particular from El Salvador. If you have immigrants from Colombia, Venezuela, Chile, Argentina, Paraguay, Bolivia, Peru, Uruguay, Ecuador and a host of other places, you may have other issues and maybe even other gangs, but not MS-13.

Posts: 2324 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
quote:

No.

MS-13 is heavily Central American, particular from El Salvador. If you have immigrants from Colombia, Venezuela, Chile, Argentina, Paraguay, Bolivia, Peru, Uruguay, Ecuador and a host of other places, you may have other issues and maybe even other gangs, but not MS-13.

I believe local law enforcement in the Bay Area sees things differently. But regardless, such gang violence is increasing.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Poster children for capital punishment

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:

I believe local law enforcement in the Bay Area sees things differently. But regardless, such gang violence is increasing.

?

MS-13 is heavily represented in California due to the presence of Salvadorans, Hondurans and Nicaraguans.

Exactly what did I write that would have local law enforcement seeing things differently? My point was “Latino” is all encompassing, when it is a particular subset that is driving the phenomenon of MS-13.

I’m not seeing Argentinean gangs chopping off people’s heads...

Posts: 2324 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
They are surely upstanding citizens here legally that are just being misunderstood and singled out because they don't look like us.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
Chongo, please chime in...

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:

?

MS-13 is heavily represented in California due to the presence of Salvadorans, Hondurans and Nicaraguans.

Exactly what did I write that would have local law enforcement seeing things differently? My point was “Latino” is all encompassing, when it is a particular subset that is driving the phenomenon of MS-13.

I’m not seeing Argentinean gangs chopping off people’s heads...

It does seem Central America is the main root of MS-13 gang members. But I don't think Central America has an exclusive on MS-13 membership (my wife's family is from Peru). My point was I don't think you could rule out MS-13 gang affiliation just because of nationality. My secondary point was that there are multiple violent gangs with roots in Latino nations, the fruits of such gangs are spreading.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
Understood, SM.

In general, MS-13 is in neighborhoods with a heavy proportion of those Central American nationalities.

Of course, as we do not practice segregation in this country and do not restrict residence in neighborhoods to particular nationalities, there are numerous situations where neighborhoods with a significant representation of Central Americans will have an MS-13 presence, and in those gangs may be a smattering of other nationalities from other Latin countries.

However, my point stands. You cannot have MS-13 without a Central American presence. One precedes the other.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I just heard a montage on the radio of left wing wackos calling for ICE to be disbanded.....

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

No.

Speak of what you know.

I worked part of this case. I worked as the NC WIC Fraud Investigator. And it IS/WAS MS-13.

Eyad was where I came in.

Just my 2¢

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
Craig,

I do speak of what I know. I’ve lived and worked in Central and South America, as well as being descended from immigrants from one country in South America, and am married to someone from another Latin country.

You stated: “their operation occurs where the Latino population is.” My only point is just because you have a Latino population, doesn’t mean you will have MS-13.

Weston, Coral Gables, and Key Biscayne, Florida are all heavily Latin (Venezuelan, Cuban and Argentine) and that does not mean there is an MS-13 presence.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I’ve lived and worked in Central and South America, as well as being descended from immigrants from one country in South America, and am married to someone from another Latin country.

While all of that is interesting, it in no way makes you any type of expert on MS-13.

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
I’ll bow out. Not an expert on MS-13, but very knowledgeable on Latin America.

Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Craig,

I do speak of what I know. I’ve lived and worked in Central and South America, as well as being descended from immigrants from one country in South America, and am married to someone from another Latin country.

You stated: “their operation occurs where the Latino population is.” My only point is just because you have a Latino population, doesn’t mean you will have MS-13.

Weston, Coral Gables, and Key Biscayne, Florida are all heavily Latin (Venezuelan, Cuban and Argentine) and that does not mean there is an MS-13 presence.

I came off harsh and I shouldn't have; I apologize.

I also failed at expressing my thoughts: in my experience MS13 is not your regular Sharks/Jets gang - not just in their violence, but their willingness to work with others. They are smart in that they take advantage where they can, and in this case it's the language barrier. They also have a willingness to work outside of that barrier, hence, their interaction with a Middle Eastern population for the end game of making money through stolen baby formula (cases hyperlinked above).

So, although Md is overrun with MS13, please don't be fooled to think it's not near you, or soon will be.

I hope I've adequately expressed my thoughts.

Please forgive my re-rail of this thread. I'm now out, also.

Just my 2¢

posted Hide Post
Safe to say that unless someone on this Forum is or was actually a member of MS13 - none of us are experts on MS13.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Stuff them in a C17 and drop them out over the ocean.

There is no rehabilitation for people who rape, rob, murder and deal drugs like they do.

If a certain political party is so sympathetic to them, send an MS-13 member to be housed at the homes of that certain political party. Start with the ones who have the most money since they have more resources to care for them. In fact, since they have more resources, send them a few to keep their "familia" together.

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Did I miss their immigration and nationality status?

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I just heard a montage on the radio of left wing wackos calling for ICE to be disbanded.....

Kinda like the Backstreet Boys Cool

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post