SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Amazon Smile pays off for SAF!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon Smile pays off for SAF! Login/Join 
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted
I've had the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) designated as my Amazon Smile charity since Amazon Smile was a thing.

Just got the regularly scheduled quarterly email to tell me that they just got almost $19K through Amazon Smile this quarter, so apparently, I'm not the only one.

Wonder if Jeff even notices that he's written them checks for close to $200K since the program started. Not much he can do about it since it uses the CFC list, which SAF has always been on.

Just thought I'd share and remind all of us who shop on Amazon that every little bit we can redirect from Bezos to SAF (or any other worthy CFC charity for that matter) counts.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
My Smile charity is Gun Owners Foundation. An email I got a few days ago says it has raised a little over $23K so far.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too have Gun Owners Foundation (Gun Owners of America) set as my Amazon Smile charity. Just got an email stating that they received $23k this quarter and $183k since Smile started.

Posts: 594 | Registered: November 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Sure wish there was a way to do this on the app.
I have not used the website since I could not tell you when.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
I have it in the app. I think you need to download the Amazon Smile app then log in.

Posts: 671 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Sure wish there was a way to do this on the app.

Sure there is.

In the app.... Settings > Programs and features > Amazon Smile. (I have to select "see all" at the bottom of the "programs and features" as the list is only partially displayed by default)

There are a couple quirks... you have to allow notifications from Smile and they say they will boot you off twice a year requiring you to re-enlist. I haven't been using it long enough to see that yet and rarely order via the app anyway.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Must be newer. I looked into this quite a while ago and it could not be done.

Thanks for the info.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Interesting. Must be newer. I looked into this quite a while ago and it could not be done.

Thanks for the info.

They updated the app sometime in the middle of Covid.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Just beware, you have to be using smile.amazon.com when you buy, if not you are not making a contribution when buying on the normal amazon page.

I rarely buy on the app but we do, your purchases have to qualify for smile, so it's not every purchase you make, and you have to activate it in the Amazon App for it to work.

Explains why I have zero contributions..
Here's a handy dandy Amazon Help page

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/ch...smi_se_dshb_aas_saas

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I support Hope for the Warriors with my Amazon Smile.

Mission: We believe those touched by military service can succeed at home by restoring their sense of self, family, and hope. Nationally, Hope For The Warriors provides comprehensive support programs for service members, veterans, and military families that are focused on transition, health and wellness, peer engagement, and connections to community resources.

Posts: 260 | Registered: March 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Amazon smile is awesome. My organization has received just under $1,000 since signing up about 2 years ago. Money we put to good use.

For all the things I hate about amazon...this is a good program.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
Amazon smile is awesome. My organization has received just under $1,000 since signing up about 2 years ago. Money we put to good use.

What is your charity organization

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

Thank you for asking...we're in the process of closing our current organization and no longer accepting donations.

I now serve under the wing of the Alaska Police & Fire Chaplains. The organization is not registered with the Amazon smile program.

"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Thanks I didnt even know smile was a thing, I just added Texas State Rifle Association Foundation as our Smile charity!

HK Ag

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Excellent. I LOVE getting organizations like amazon to donate money to pro-second amendment, and Christian and/or conservative companies.

www.rikrlandvs.com

When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Been using it fore a few years benefiting the Big East Akita Rescue (BEAR} in NJ.

Raised quite a bit.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
what's better than getting one over on bezoes

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

Thank you for asking...we're in the process of closing our current organization and no longer accepting donations.

I now serve under the wing of the Alaska Police & Fire Chaplains. The organization is not registered with the Amazon smile program.

Well if you get a round-tuit set it up and lettuce know!

Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
My amazon smiles go to the Arizona Citizens Defense League Foundation.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Mine goes to a local dog rescue.

But as has been said, be careful, you have to be in amazon.smile when you shop and check out or it doesnt count

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post