SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Update problems
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update problems Login/Join 
Picture of SIG 229R
posted
the info is as follows: 2017-10 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1703 for x64 based systems KB4041676 started downloading and is hung on 23%. I can't find anyway to refresh it or make it re-start. What else can I do?

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post

Posts: 22860 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Send the contents of your septic tank to Bill Gates.

I have no help to actually give, just moral support because Windows 10 does not like me, or NeoGoliath, or MobileGoliath, and updating both machines is hit or miss. Sometimes it freezes up, sometimes it blue screens (that frowny face does not make it better) and occasionally it goes off without a hitch. That little update bubble gives me mild anxiety.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Just looked at my update history and the same update has failed 6 times since 10/11/2017

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Out of the things I don't miss from when I was working, I'd say Windows Update probably tops the list. Once-upon-a-time it actually worked well. They broke it, near as I could tell, about the time they started trying to "persuade" users to move to Vista. It's been broken ever since.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Clear the update cache and download it again.

Posts: 22860 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Clear the update cache and download it again.

Then, send the contents of your septic tank to Bill Gates!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post