SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Paid $1100 for mine with one mag and a coupon to get 3 mags for $139 including pouch. Ordered them today, and the Kate Moss Folding stock....

How much was the Kate Moss Stock?

Posts: 57 | Registered: June 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
The LGS today just had to have a 16" MPX.... i super want one now.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Faust245:
quote:
Originally posted by maddy345:
So after some research today I've been offered to purchase and MPX first-generation pistol in the hard case with three magazines for $1000 plus sales tax.

The gun only comes with one magazine but there's a coupon in it for two extra magazines from Sig.

How did I do?

I'd like to see the coupon. I've never heard of sig including such a coupon. I've seen the coupon for the discounted Essentials Pack but no free mags.

Picking it up tomorrow so I'll post a pic of the coupon.

I want to go ahead and order the Kate Moss stock. Can you guys tell me where you are finding them? I looked at the Sig Store online and it isn't listed.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
The LGS today just had to have a 16" MPX.... i super want one now.

Here is how I see it - if people are still paying $600-$800 for just the telescoping stock on Ebay and GunBroker, why not just buy the Gen 2 MPX Carbine with stock. Since I already have a Gen 1 MPX-P, I decided to order my MPX Carbine yesterday so now I will have the stock legally on the carbine for if/when I decide to Form 1 my MPX-P as an SBR, and I will also have a new Gen 2 lower/upper with a 16" barrel for an additional $800 or so, that is upgradeable (I hope) to 357 or 40 cal., and TWO guns that are a riot to shoot! I know the cash out of pocket may not add up to a good deal, but if I wait for Sig to make things right for us Gen 1 owners, I could be broke or dead before that happens!

Posts: 50 | Registered: November 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
Here's a 9mm pistol/SBR platform that seems to have no problems finding reasonably priced magazines:

https://angstadtarms.com/udp-9/

Smile

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari Steve:
I've been thinking about asking Santa for an MPX Deployment bag, but the 5.11 Tactical Covert bags look just as good, and I have very good experience with their products (mostly clothing).

Anyone else carrying their MPX in something neat?

Steve,

Elite Survival Systems makes great quality bags at a fair price (even better with Optics Planet coupon) and offers numerous sizes and shapes.

I use the SMG (Sub Machine Gun) case for the range - only problem is that mag compartments are not long enough for MPX 30-rd:

...and the COC (Covert Operations Case) for availability with optic mounted and mag inserted:

Posts: 50 | Registered: November 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know the price of 8" barrel for gen 2?

Posts: 34 | Registered: August 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
new short MPX YouTube video on gas blow back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdIsGD86vvE

Posts: 97 | Registered: November 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Called Sig today to get an update on my telescoping stock (June 10th) and was told there is no update but that they intend to ship all backorders by the end of the year. I guess that means they expect a huge shipment soon?

Posts: 97 | Registered: November 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dano36
posted Hide Post
I am about done with Sig as a Company. I have sold off my 229, 226, 220 stainless, 220 elite and Mk25. That leaves me with a 522, 220 Scorpion, 232 and an unfired MPX Gen 1. I ordered a stock early June and each month I call and get the 3 to 5 week story. I really don't think Sig has been listening to their customers for quite some time now. I am going to wait until the end of the year and if no stock arrives, the rest are gone. Life is too short to deal with this type of customer service. IMO there are too many good brands out there these days to deal with the drama!

Posts: 72 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by glocke12:
I could have sworn I just made a post in this thread about this but cannot find it now..

Does this make sense to anyone?

"The 9mm Gen 1 lower is not compatible with the Gen 2 upper in 9mm. The rep said the GEN 2 upper in .357 Sig and .40 cal. would fit on the gen 1 lower. "
And isn't it a happy accident that this time, your post reached the board because you just happened to leave out the website address that got your post caught in the moderation queue? How lucky was that, huh?

Troll us, and I will remove you from this forum.

Sorry if my post seemed like something other than what it was, I honestly was trying to get clarification on the statement i pasted above, I am NOT trolling.

Posts: 149 | Registered: July 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still haven't bought a MPX yet, waiting for all these issues to play out. That said, I want to buy more ammo before the government does anything stupid.

So, when using a can and subsonic ammo, has the MPX shown any preference for round nose versus flat nose 147 gr rounds?

Posts: 55 | Location: Gunshine State - Connecticut No More | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dano36:
I am about done with Sig as a Company. I have sold off my 229, 226, 220 stainless, 220 elite and Mk25. That leaves me with a 522, 220 Scorpion, 232 and an unfired MPX Gen 1. I ordered a stock early June and each month I call and get the 3 to 5 week story. I really don't think Sig has been listening to their customers for quite some time now. I am going to wait until the end of the year and if no stock arrives, the rest are gone. Life is too short to deal with this type of customer service. IMO there are too many good brands out there these days to deal with the drama!

I ran into similar issues being an early adopter of the P250, and now P320 platforms. Like them the MPX has been sold not only on it's platform but it's modularity, and Sig has been slow to deliver the "modularity parts".

I think it took over a year with my P250 to find different kits, frame sizes etc. The P320 has much of the same problems, I've been looking for a Carry frame for quite a while, no joy.

It just seems that the company is over promising and under delivering with the back side of the sales promo's, makes it tough on early adopters, but as early adopters we should expect this, because it's pretty much the norm with any company that introduces a new product.

Hard to know how well it's going to be received and how much demand is going to be there for support products like stocks, magazines, and conversions. Whats a company to do, stock up a million magazines and find out nobody is going to buy the gun, just to be left over with a massive expense, loss and write off.

Chicken and egg, cart before horse, I think we'd rather have a strong balance sheet company that is there to offer support than one that just spends money like crazy without justification.

Perhaps the issue is that the product development team is knocking it out of the park with excellent ideas, engineering is putting it together well, marketing is knocking it out by getting in front of the product, we all are standing at the door slobbering to get our paws on the thing, and the back end has to play catch up to the sales created.

Really good problem to have, and a bad one.

Sometimes a hiccup like the mod 1 vs mod 2 mpx happens, there's not any real substitute for the product testing that occurs by end users. Shit happens, you move on, Sigs offer to sell a complete upper to any mod 1 people for the price of an exchange kit is a fair deal, because you'd have to buy the exchange kit anyway.

Caveat emptor, if you are an early adopter, expect to be part beta tester...

c'est la vie...

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
20 rd mags may now be shipping, my credit card was just hit for the mag I've had on backorder since May.

Posts: 30 | Registered: May 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by burntorange98:
20 rd mags may now be shipping, my credit card was just hit for the mag I've had on backorder since May.

Burnt - when you receive your 20 round MPX mags would you mind posting the overall length, please?

I'm also interested in knowing the OAL of the 10 round magazines if anyone has that info.

Thank you.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:
when you receive your 20 round MPX mags would you mind posting the overall length, please?

I'm also interested in knowing the OAL of the 10 round magazines if anyone has that info.

Thank you.

IIRC the 10 and 20's are the same size, the 10's are internally fixed 20's that will only hold 10 rounds so they should be the same dimensions.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by Dano36:

I ran into similar issues being an early adopter of the P250, and now P320 platforms. Like them the MPX has been sold not only on it's platform but it's modularity, and Sig has been slow to deliver the "modularity parts".

I think it took over a year with my P250 to find different kits, frame sizes etc. The P320 has much of the same problems, I've been looking for a Carry frame for quite a while, no joy.

It just seems that the company is over promising and under delivering with the back side of the sales promo's, makes it tough on early adopters, but as early adopters we should expect this, because it's pretty much the norm with any company that introduces a new product.

Hard to know how well it's going to be received and how much demand is going to be there for support products like stocks, magazines, and conversions. Whats a company to do, stock up a million magazines and find out nobody is going to buy the gun, just to be left over with a massive expense, loss and write off.

Chicken and egg, cart before horse, I think we'd rather have a strong balance sheet company that is there to offer support than one that just spends money like crazy without justification.

Perhaps the issue is that the product development team is knocking it out of the park with excellent ideas, engineering is putting it together well, marketing is knocking it out by getting in front of the product, we all are standing at the door slobbering to get our paws on the thing, and the back end has to play catch up to the sales created.

Really good problem to have, and a bad one.

Sometimes a hiccup like the mod 1 vs mod 2 mpx happens, there's not any real substitute for the product testing that occurs by end users. Shit happens, you move on, Sigs offer to sell a complete upper to any mod 1 people for the price of an exchange kit is a fair deal, because you'd have to buy the exchange kit anyway.

Caveat emptor, if you are an early adopter, expect to be part beta tester...

c'est la vie...

The problem people are having is that seems Sig is habitual at this, using early adopters as Guinean pig for their premature, over promising products. Be it p250, 556,556xi,or now the mpx.

NRA Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 394 | Registered: April 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's not forget the Electro-Optics are a year behind schedule too.

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: October 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmoon1:
new short MPX YouTube video on gas blow back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdIsGD86vvE

As I was watching the video I was thinking to myself he should try other types of ammo because I’ve noticed a difference between types. Suppressor specific vs regular 147gr loads seems to make a big difference, but not as much of a difference as the bore of the silencer, which he also doesn’t mention in the video or description.

I was also charged for my 20rd mag so I should be shipping soon. If I would’ve known how long it was going to take I would’ve bought more than one! Oh well, this still puts my total mag count up to 8 which is pretty decent.

In regards to the UDP-9, those do look pretty sweet but they are crazy expensive and I’ve still never seen one in a gun shop or for sale online (yes I searched for one!). Just don’t I could bring myself to pay that much when I already have a JRC carbine that takes Glock mags. One more thing to watch is the new ATI Mil-Sport 9mm pistol and carbine. Comes with a keymod rail, uses Glock mags, and being ATI you know it will be reasonably priced.

Posts: 63 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: June 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

The problem people are having is that seems Sig is habitual at this, using early adopters as Guinean pig for their premature, over promising products. Be it p250, 556,556xi,or now the mpx.

Yeah but we know that, and therefore pretty much understand that's the way it works,
Better than having no innovation or new products, it just the way it works at sig, would I prefer it be different, sure, but it's not