SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
Received my ambi MPX charging handle from Sig today.

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari Steve:
Received my ambi MPX charging handle from Sig today.

I bought a Gen2 a couple of weeks ago and was surprised to find that the charging handle was not ambi. How much did Sig charge you?

Posts: 73 | Registered: March 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:
when you receive your 20 round MPX mags would you mind posting the overall length, please?

I'm also interested in knowing the OAL of the 10 round magazines if anyone has that info.

Thank you.

IIRC the 10 and 20's are the same size, the 10's are internally fixed 20's that will only hold 10 rounds so they should be the same dimensions.

So "Same", but can you offer a measurement? I have 30 rd. Mags for comparison. Thx.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sensei:
I bought a Gen2 a couple of weeks ago and was surprised to find that the charging handle was not ambi. How much did Sig charge you?
$42.60

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Given the choice between a Gen 2 pistol with Sig Brace or a gen 2 16" rifle with collapsible stock, which would you pick? I should note the 16" being a couple hundred dollars less...

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cabelas is currently listing MPX 30-rd mags on sale and In Stock for $55.99 plus free shipping (limited time). I just received notice that the three I ordered have shipped.

Posts: 50 | Registered: November 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
Given the choice between a Gen 2 pistol with Sig Brace or a gen 2 16" rifle with collapsible stock, which would you pick? I should note the 16" being a couple hundred dollars less...

I'm going to cheat and say the Gen 2 pistol with a collapsible stock. I have lots of rifles with 16" barrels, so that is why I purchased my Gen 1 and am waiting on my telescoping stock. So in your case I would get the pistol, SBR it, sell the brace and get a telescoping or folding stock.

Posts: 97 | Registered: November 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ivy6t5:
Cabelas is currently listing MPX 30-rd mags on sale and In Stock for $55.99 plus free shipping (limited time). I just received notice that the three I ordered have shipped.

Just paid $143.20 for 3 magazines from Sig

Posts: 201 | Location: Fort Lauderdale | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bhead:
quote:

I did too - 3 for $139 w/mag pouch - Sig actually let me order a total of 6 with my coupon - still do not have them. Cabela's is arriving Monday.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I did too - 3 for $139 w/mag pouch - Sig actually let me order a total of 6 with my coupon - still do not have them. Cabela's is arriving Monday.

Did you guys get these coupons with your MPX purchases? When I bought mine there was no coupon inside.[/QUOTE]

Yes, back in September. When I called, the customer rep told me I could order 2 sets of the 3 mags w/ pouch for $139 each - so I did. The coupon also included 20% off other MPX accessories thru 12/31/15. I also ordered the Deployment Bag for 20% off, but have not seen that either.

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmoon1:
quote:

I'm going to cheat and say the Gen 2 pistol with a collapsible stock. I have lots of rifles with 16" barrels, so that is why I purchased my Gen 1 and am waiting on my telescoping stock. So in your case I would get the pistol, SBR it, sell the brace and get a telescoping or folding stock.

Either way, it'll eventually end up as an SBR. Just depends if i wait for a stock and form 1 or short barrel upper and form 1. Also, the gen 2 pistols are impossible to find here and theres a 16" at the LGC for $1450.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Either way, it'll eventually end up as an SBR. Just depends if i wait for a stock and form 1 or short barrel upper and form 1. Also, the gen 2 pistols are impossible to find here and theres a 16" at the LGC for $1450.

If you're going to SBR it anyway then I would get the 16" version since it comes with a folding/telescoping stock already and then you just need to file your form 1 and wait for a shorter barrel option. It would be nice down the road for you to have 4.5", 8", and 16" barrel.

posted Hide Post
If you're going to SBR it anyway then I would get the 16" version since it comes with a folding/telescoping stock already and then you just need to file your form 1 and wait for a shorter barrel option. It would be nice down the road for you to have 4.5", 8", and 16" barrel.[/QUOTE]
--------------
If its going to be SBR'd, I really see no advantage in owning a 16" barrel. With a 9mm round, you're really not gaining anything accuracy or power-wise with a barrel of that length.[/QUOTE]
-------------------
Agreed, but if his two options are either a 16" barrel or a wrist brace, then which is less useful? In my opinion it would be the wrist brace so you might as well go with the 16" barrel.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bhead:
quote:

Did you guys get these coupons with your MPX purchases? When I bought mine there was no coupon inside.

The coupon states to mention coupon code MPX02* and have your part number (from box) and dealer receipt available when calling to order, but now that I think of it, the rep did not ask for any information. I would just call (603) 418-8102 and say you want to order the 3 mags with pouch for $139 - there is nothing on the coupon that assigns it to any particular purchaser. The offer ends 12/31/15.

posted Hide Post
quote:
If you're going to SBR it anyway then I would get the 16" version since it comes with a folding/telescoping stock already and then you just need to file your form 1 and wait for a shorter barrel option. It would be nice down the road for you to have 4.5", 8", and 16" barrel.

--------------
If its going to be SBR'd, I really see no advantage in owning a 16" barrel. With a 9mm round, you're really not gaining anything accuracy or power-wise with a barrel of that length.[/QUOTE]
-------------------
Agreed, but if his two options are either a 16" barrel or a wrist brace, then which is less useful? In my opinion it would be the wrist brace so you might as well go with the 16" barrel.[/QUOTE]

I also agree with both positions, but I would side with Blackmoon and go with the 16" carbine so that you can legally possess the telescoping stock WITH a Gen 2 gun, and then SBR it when you are ready and the Gen 2 4.5" barrel is available.

Picture of Dano36
posted Hide Post
There was no coupon with the MPX I purchased in June. I called Sig and asked about the 3 pack mag deal. I had to give them my serial number and they only allowed me to buy one pack at the discounted price and others at full price. It seems they have been very inconsistent with this issue as well. On the good side, I have 9 mags. On the bad, still waiting on my stock.

Posts: 72 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried out the MPX 8 rnd mag extension? Thoughts?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=528902999

posted Hide Post
I was looking at these, MPX extensions
http://shop.springerprecision....uct.sc?productId=355

Posts: 203 | Registered: April 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Do we know whether this is gen 1 or 2 mag?

Posts: 34 | Registered: August 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 350zrb:
quote:

Do we know whether this is gen 1 or 2 mag?

Definitely Gen 1 - they came late yesterday - Cabela's now listing them as Limited Stock