SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Just picked up my gen 2 tonight as well. I'm looking forward to trying it out soon.

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Had a chance to function test at the indoor range, only had time for 50 rounds but it was smooth as silk and seems pretty damn accurate as well.

Can't wait to get a brace on it and get it sighted in proper.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACClauhs
posted Hide Post
Took mine out of the the safe and discovered that the charging handle was broken on the left side. 15 minute phone call during peak hours to customer service resolved that issue and I'll have the next part in a week. Little bother that it broke with under 2k rounds but I'll take a free replacement. Tried without success to get some extra spare parts but got a promise that if my firing pin spring breaks that they'll send me a whole new bolt carried assembly under warranty. Feels good that they'll back defects but I don't want to be out of service for a week or two when something goes.

Posts: 403 | Location: PA | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put about 150 rounds through it with my youngest daughter today. Very soft shooting and accurate, but definitely a pain in the ass to clean. Much more work than my scorpion was. Cool weapon though, I'm very happy with it.

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Someone locally was selling a 4" hand guard. gen 1. I picked it up. Now to decide whether or not to chop and thread the barrel or buy a replacement.

I saw these "In Lead We Trust" guys online, and wondered if anyone has had any dealings with them and their products? They have 4 gen 2 MPX 4" barrel&gas block set ups "in-stock" right now and it's tempting as hell. although, I heard that perhaps the SIG ones are available now, too?

https://in-lead-we-trust.mysho...x-barrels-w-gasblock

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of }BuLL
posted Hide Post
I ordered one of their gen 1 barrels with gas block two months ago. There have been some delays, but Rob has been straight up in communicating those. I expect it to ship in the next week or two.

Here is a review of their gen 2 barrel, before they started making them with the gas block included.

Posts: 131 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received a call from SIG customer service. They were trying to confirm some billing information. The item in question....... Factory sig 4in barrel. I am pretty excited minus the cost of the barrel.

Posts: 12 | Registered: July 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, once again the 1G guys have suffered while the Gen 2 barrels/blocks have ben shipping steadily for three weeks now. Gen 1 stuff WILL be shipping by end of next week and Gen 2 Barrels will continue to ship weekly. Last week we shipped 182 of the Gen 2 Barrels out Smile
quote:
Originally posted by }BuLL:
I ordered one of their gen 1 barrels with gas block two months ago. There have been some delays, but Rob has been straight up in communicating those. I expect it to ship in the next week or two.

Here is a review of their gen 2 barrel, before they started making them with the gas block included.

Posts: 29 | Location: Missouri | Registered: January 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Oh, nice! Im glad i ordered one when i saw it in-stock then! I am way excited.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Man, that short package is BADASS! I couldn't have waited 400+ days for anything so kudos to you for your persistence and determination. It sure paid off. I saw one similar to yours painted or hydro dipped with Flecktern camo pattern that really looked me. Nice job.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
Just saw this on another forum, looks like a great alternative to the plastic Sig Foregrip/Handstop.

A3 Tactical Aluminum Vertical Grip with Integrated Hand Stop

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cntrl23:
Just saw this on another forum, looks like a great alternative to the plastic Sig Foregrip/Handstop.

A3 Tactical Aluminum Vertical Grip with Integrated Hand Stop

Just went to purchase one and they want 10 bucks for shipping, which seems steep for something that weighs 4.5 ounces and can be thrown in a padded envelope. I had intended on emailing them, but their "contact us" link does nothing. Oh well

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A USPS small "flat rate box" shipping is $7.15 & the box is free.

Posts: 38 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Registered: February 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's nice! I'm thinking about the YHM Keymod vertical grip

http://www.opticsplanet.com/ya...torage-yhm-9540.html

Posts: 23 | Registered: March 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok - so I picked up a MPX pistol 8" and ordered a SB-Tactical brace (two to three weeks backordered), also a Romeo5 red dot.

At the range yesterday, it ran great with the Gen 2 mags...major problems with the Gen 1 mags I picked up so I am letting them sit stuffed with 30rds for a while.

Really want to put a vertical grip on it, but I am still not clear on the vertical grip making it AOW?

The MPX should have its own section with various topics IMO...my eyes are bleeding from reading or trying to read this whole thread..........

Posts: 75 | Registered: June 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea.. u can get away with a flater style "hand stop" but a vertical grip on a pistol will make it a AOW. 5 bucks and a 6 month wait for tax stamp. Might as well make it a SBR and get the grip and a real stock for all the hassel it would be for just the grip.

Guy
Titleiiarms
Dilliner, PA

Posts: 25 | Registered: May 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guy, nice store you have there and some great products.

What is causing me some confusion on this as an example is the case US v. Fix and some other cases that seemed to muddy the water for me.

http://www.boiseshooters.com/index.php?topic=14257.0

with a rifled bore is not a AOW as I read it also.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/f...-act-definitions-any

posted Hide Post
Yea, Stuff all over the place. And all over the internet.. I go by this document. You see many MPX, EVO style pistols sold with "hand protectors" on the rails but you don't see them come with vertical grips. So when is a forward stop too high and its a vertical grip ? Beats me Smile

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/d...l-fore-grip-handgun/

"ATF has long held that by installing a vertical fore grip on a handgun, the handgun is no longer designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand. Therefore, if individuals install a vertical fore grip on a handgun, they are “making” a firearm requiring registration with ATF’s NFA Branch. Making an unregistered “AOW” is punishable by a fine and 10 years’
imprisonment. Additionally, possession of an unregistered “AOW” is also punishable by fine and 10 years’ imprisonment. "

Guy
Titleiiarms
Dilliner, PA

Posts: 25 | Registered: May 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well who needs a vertical grip anyhow! No problem with 10 years, but I am not paying any dam fine Razz

Thank you Guy for posting that, I had not seen that open letter before.

posted Hide Post
After checking into the barrels offered by "In Lead We Trust", I cancelled my order with Sig and bought the one from "In Lead We Trust" last week. The price difference was well worth it. $480.00 vs. $377,83 and you don't even get a gas block from Sig!!. Thanks for the tip on this post. Thank God I cancelled in time. The only question I have is why they are charging tax? They are not located in my state.

Posts: 14 | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post