SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Maybe someone will challenge the ATF on the vertical grip open letter and win just like SB Tactical did on the brace redesigning pistol into an SBR.

Wow - congrats and thanks to SB Tactical....

Posts: 75 | Registered: June 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe someone will challenge the ATF on the vertical grip open letter and win just like SB Tactical did on the brace redesigning pistol into an SBR.

Wow - congrats and thanks to SB Tactical....

Im not really sure that it was such a big win. So if u use a "Brace" against your shoulder once, its no longer the ATFs position that u now made a NFA item but its STILL against the law to shoulder it. What have we gained ??? All it does is say they have no way of proving the brace was ever shouldered and therefore can't say the gun is now a NFA item forever. One muddy letter is now two muddy letters that are still useless.

Guy
Titleiiarms
Dilliner, PA

Posts: 25 | Registered: May 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am trying to find an actual copy of the letter and I think we are up to three on this.

Ok - splains some of it here:

https://www.nraila.org/article...n-stabilizing-braces

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Makes me wonder if the shockwave brace will be under attack soon then since it doesnt have the straps and all.

Its all still clear as mud. Jeez.

I still want an SB Tactical for my MPX. Where are yall buyin them? Everywhere is backordered or out of stock.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
Makes me wonder if the shockwave brace will be under attack soon then since it doesnt have the straps and all.

I still want an SB Tactical for my MPX. Where are yall buyin them? Everywhere is backordered or out of stock.

I got mine off the SBT website - I signed up for in-stock-notices and was able to get one ordered during the short period that thye had them.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received my 4.5" MPX barrel from Sig and it did come with a gas block and flash hider attached, ready for install

Posts: 36 | Registered: September 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:

Currently in stock here: http://vizardsgunsandammo.com/...b-mpx-psb-3-pos-blk/

I think that there are some for sale in the classifieds. It might be worth a few minutes to check.
Good luck.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rangerone:
I received my 4.5" MPX barrel from Sig and it did come with a gas block and flash hider attached, ready for install

Mine came with the gas block and flash hider as well. Excited about the block but not excited about taking off another one of these flash hiders. The 8in was a PITA.
It is really neat to see how sig designed these. About 3min with a t25 driver and you have a totally different firearm. Hopefully sig keeps up the good work and continues to make new accessories.

Posts: 12 | Registered: July 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What did you do to remove the flash hider? I am not looking forward to that process.

Some have reported to have soaked it in hot water for 2 to 24 hours (by that time, it no longer hot water) to help break up the Rocksett so it would be easier to wrench off.

posted Hide Post
I used a lot of heat and even more profanity and then it finally came off.

Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nreno88:

And then he remembered to twist in the proper direction! Razz

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rangerone:
What did you do to remove the flash hider? I am not looking forward to that process.

Some have reported to have soaked it in hot water for 2 to 24 hours (by that time, it no longer hot water) to help break up the Rocksett so it would be easier to wrench off.

If the flash hider will not come off with about 20ft-lbs of force, then assume it is mounted with Rocksett.
Process:
1. Soak in hot water until water reaches room temp. Try to remove flash hider, if no luck then step 2.
2. Apply heat from a heat gun set to 600F. During heat gun treatment you will start to see a little smoke, that is the Rocksett breaking down, then attempt removal - should start to turn with some resistance then unscrews easily. For MPX, REMEMBER its a LH mount (righty-tighty; lefty-loosie does not work). Wear gloves, the barrel will be HOT.
3. Clean the barrel treads of any residue and mount your new muzzle device.

Posts: 39 | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. With a 4.5" barrel, not much room on barrel to grab or mount into a vise (block) to hold, only leaves the gas block area for holding.

I will try with wrench and hand, then try soaking to "loosen" the possible Rocksett and as last resort, application of heat gun to further break down the bonds. Will use liberal amounts of words at each step in the process Mad

Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
Just announced, coming soon (4-6 weeks)

MPX/MCX Radian Raptor/AXTS Charging Handle

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cntrl23:
Just announced, coming soon (4-6 weeks)

MPX/MCX Radian Raptor/AXTS Charging Handle

I do plan on getting an MCX, but...

Till the day I die, I will never give RADIAN/AXTS one cent of my money.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JJexp:
quote:
Originally posted by nreno88:

And then he remembered to twist in the proper direction! Razz

Well played good sir. I did go about 2 minutes thinking righty tighty and then about 28 lefty tighty.

Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:

I do plan on getting an MCX, but...

Till the day I die, I will never give RADIAN/AXTS one cent of my money.

Can you tell us why? I really like the Raptor charging handle on my 516 and would buy one for my MPX. The OEM charging handle on my MPX is crappy enough I thought about making some of my own if nobody else did soon.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
Finally SBR’d!

Here is the mod list:
Trijicon MRO
Scalarworks co-witness MRO mount
Silencerco ASR 9mm flash hider
Silencerco Hybrid suppressor w/ASR mount & 9mm endcap
Sig KeyMod front hand stop
BCM KAG KeyMod rear hand stop
Geissele SSA trigger (purchased when they still supported it for MPX)
Magpul MOE-K2+ grip
Factory Sig telescoping stock
Engraved by Tarheel State Firearms (excellent work and turnaround time)

How do you like the hybrid?
I' am looking at suppressors for my MPX.

What are the rest of you using and how do you like it. Looking for low Db and some other calibers.

Posts: 1153 | Location: western, Washington | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just purchased an Omega 9k....now the waiting begins. Maybe by the end of the year.

Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
I started with a Gemtech Multimount, decent can, but that puppy is long. I now have a pair of Griffin Revo9 cans. Great cans, in the standard config, as quiet as the Multimount, but. Around shorter. I positively love them in K configuration. Their threading and adaptors are comparable with SiCo cans. Since they are convertible, if you are uncertain if a K can will be too loud, you can easily revert, without wasting the cost of a stamp. Recommended.

Posts: 831 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post