SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Heads up - PSA has 20-round mags on clearance for $24.99.

I bought two - wish I had more funds to buy a couple more at this price!!

http://palmettostatearmory.com...mag-mpx-9-20-km.html

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
Heads up - PSA has 20-round mags on clearance for $24.99.

I bought two - wish I had more funds to buy a couple more at this price!!

http://palmettostatearmory.com...mag-mpx-9-20-km.html

Thanks! Just picked two up as well... although the 4 with free shipping was very tempting! Big Grin

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
Can you tell us why? I really like the Raptor charging handle on my 516 and would buy one for my MPX. The OEM charging handle on my MPX is crappy enough I thought about making some of my own if nobody else did soon.

Email sent.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bearstarr:
What are the rest of you using and how do you like it. Looking for low Db and some other calibers.

I am using an AAC Ti-Rant .45 with good effect. It is very quiet, reasonably light, and does not seem to affect point of impact up to about 25 yds. It gets super dirty and gritty, and is quite long. I am direct threading it to the MPX, at least for now. I got the can because it is well-reviewed and rated for .300 BO subs, too.

When life gives you lemons, put them in the freezer for a few hours, and throw them back, 'cause they're like rocks, man.

Posts: 95 | Location: Waterloo, IA | Registered: February 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmlasley:
quote:
What are the rest of you using and how do you like it. Looking for low Db and some other calibers.

I am using an AAC Ti-Rant .45 with good effect. It is very quiet, reasonably light, and does not seem to affect point of impact up to about 25 yds. It gets super dirty and gritty, and is quite long. I am direct threading it to the MPX, at least for now. I got the can because it is well-reviewed and rated for .300 BO subs, too.

I am also using the AAC Ti-Rant .45, except my Ti-Rant is the "short" version - about 2" shorter and 2oz lighter. The Ti-Rant 45S wet is as quiet (db) as the Ti-Rant 45 dry.

Posts: 39 | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
quote:

How do you like the hybrid?
I' am looking at suppressors for my MPX.

I like it very much. It's much bigger than a dedicated 9mm pistol can but it actually feels lighter than it looks thanks to the titanium tube.

It's very quiet shooting 158 grain subsonic 9mm. The thud from the rounds smacking the dirt berm are the loudest part of shooting it. I don't have a dB meter but I don't see how a smaller 9mm pistol can could be quieter than this. I have several cans and the only thing I have quieter is .22LR shooting subs. I also have no gas blowback and everything cycles perfectly.

A friend has an MCX, he's getting a 300BO barrel and a can. I'm curious to compare them side by side to see which sounds better.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am looking for the shortest CAN available to keep overall length as short as possible.
Quiet (dB), cost, and weight are secondary to me.
Still need it to tuck inside the stock handguard using a 4.5” barrel.
I’m looking at the Sig SRD9. It is 7.2’’ long. Who has one shorter than this?
Is anybody running one on their MPX now and how do you like it?

Posts: 14 | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I got the Lancer Carbon Fiber handguard. The weight reduction isnt really that noticeable on the 4" version, but i like it so far. Feels great, sturdy, and looks awesome.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gino d:
I am looking for the shortest CAN available to keep overall length as short as possible.
Quiet (dB), cost, and weight are secondary to me.
Still need it to tuck inside the stock handguard using a 4.5” barrel.
I’m looking at the Sig SRD9. It is 7.2’’ long. Who has one shorter than this?
Is anybody running one on their MPX now and how do you like it?

The omega 9k is pretty short. Isnt it less than 5"? I dunno if it would fit under the handguard though.

posted Hide Post
The Omega9k will fit under the first gen handguards.

Posts: 57 | Registered: June 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Faust245:

What is the length?

Posts: 14 | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gino d:
quote:
Originally posted by Faust245:

What is the length?

https://silencerco.com/silencers/omega-k/

4.7"

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
Well, I ordered the A3 Tactical VFG that was posted a few pages back. The good news is that it's a nice piece, and is well made. Unfortunately for us folks with K size guns, it won't work.

You can see in the pictures below that the K size handguard doesn't have enough keymod holes to use the A3 grip, without doing some serious modification. The only way to make it work would be to forgo the aft mounting screw and flip the bolt around through the keymod hole in order for everything to line up. Unfortunately, this also requires a longer bolt, grinding down the protrusion on the top of the grip, and using another smaller bolt in the front mounting hole.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
Of course, not being able to net let it go, I opted to file on the locator button so it fit, then bolted the vfg on using bolts through the keymod holes.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you post some pics of what you modified? I'm in the same boat and really want to use this grip. What kind of bolts did you use?

Thanks, Tom

Posts: 68 | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tbuck:
Can you post some pics of what you modified? I'm in the same boat and really want to use this grip. What kind of bolts did you use?

Thanks, Tom

Tom, the first image shows a semicircular button on the top of the grip that fits into a keymod hole to prevent fore and aft movement. The area shown in red is what I cut away so that it would fit, because it ends up at the forward end of the slot when mounted this way.

The original bolt is 3/16-24 and is 1.5 inches long. When mounted the way I've done it, I needed to use a 3/16-24 x 2.5 inch bolt, which I bought from home depot for 35 cents or so. You could get away with two inches, but you don't end up with enough thread to fit any washers and still engage the nylon threading on the nylock nut that comes with the vfg.

In the front position, I ended up using a threaded post and a phillips head screw that had come with a blade tech tek-lok. After I had it all together I colored it black with a paint pen. Flat black would have been more preferable, but I didn't have any on hand.

posted Hide Post
Awesome thanks for the info.I'm going to give it a shot.

posted Hide Post
I was able to get mine to work without grinding down the tab. It fit flush with the end of the hand guard. The front keymod attachment fit perfect. I just drilled a hole just big enough to thread in the back screw into the handguard.

posted Hide Post
Omega 9k is 4.7" and I will know how it sounds and fits in the gen 2 hand guard Saturday morning.

The shop is having a shoot so I loaded up some powder puff loads and can't wait to check it out. Probably do a barrel chop once the suppressor is finally released to me.

Posts: 75 | Registered: June 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alma
posted Hide Post
New charging handle option and wobble fixer.

https://youtu.be/pxnI5L2QQKU

Posts: 254 | Location: Springfield, VA | Registered: November 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post