SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Great Products! Its about time....

Posts: 16 | Location: FL | Registered: June 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
Havent seen much love for the folding/collapsible MPX stock here. I have all three stocks (thin folder, sliding MP-5 style, folding/collapsible) and quite frankly, this one makes the most sense to me from a use standpoint.

When I ditched the arm brace and SBR'd I went with the collapsible, but I do like that folder you have shown there. May have to reconsider.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cfiore
posted Hide Post
Finally getting my MPX the way I want it. Midway finally got more SB tactical braces in yesterday so got that ordered along with a Magpul RSA QD and sling. My Larue mount for my T1 just came in too. Love this thing.

Posts: 472 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cfiore:
Finally getting my MPX the way I want it. Midway finally got more SB tactical braces in yesterday so got that ordered along with a Magpul RSA QD and sling. My Larue mount for my T1 just came in too. Love this thing.

I managed to find a SB Tactical brace but I still need a QD attachment and sling. What sling are you using with your setup?

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cfiore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
quote:

I managed to find a SB Tactical brace but I still need a QD attachment and sling. What sling are you using with your setup?

I went with the magpul ms4, although there are other very nice slings out there that will work just as well. I have previously used an ms3 so I am used to magpul and how they work which I think helped sway my decision to use magpul stuff.

Posts: 472 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
quote:

I went with the magpul ms4, although there are other very nice slings out there that will work just as well. I have previously used an ms3 so I am used to magpul and how they work which I think helped sway my decision to use magpul stuff.

I just bought the same sling. Works great with the Magpul QD attachment. Thanks for the suggestion.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was ringing a man-sized silhouette with my MPX with 1x Vortex Spitfire and AAC Ti-Rant .45 today, at 200 yds!

I have been very happy with this gun. That is all.

When life gives you lemons, put them in the freezer for a few hours, and throw them back, 'cause they're like rocks, man.

Posts: 95 | Location: Waterloo, IA | Registered: February 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. $1900 for mpx-k with arm brace on GunBroker. This price increase sucks.

Posts: 34 | Registered: August 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does anyone know if a SilencerCo Omega will fit underneath the handguards of an MPX?

The 9k? Yes.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
quote:
Does anyone know if a SilencerCo Omega will fit underneath the handguards of an MPX?

The 9k? Yes.

And it looks just like this.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
quote:
quote:

The 9k? Yes.

Nice setup!

If I may ask, is that an Aimpoint T2 RDS? If so, what mount are you using there?

Also, I see that you are not using any iron sights. Did you look at the co witness with the factory flip-up irons with the T2 and this mount?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience!

JRC

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
It's an Aimpoint Micro H-2
It's literally this.

I never tried the factory irons with it - I pulled those things off forever ago. I don't like how big and bulky they are.

On my to-do list is to get some 45 degree offsets for this thing. Something nice and low profile.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cfiore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
quote:
quote:

The 9k? Yes.

Is the barrel cut on the MPX I assume and then direct thread?

Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
correct on both counts

Picture of ACClauhs
posted Hide Post
I remember a few people complaining of excessive wear inside the receiver, cam pin scratching/gouging. Mine had this issue and went back to the factory on Thursday. Anyone have a positive result of sending theirs?

Posts: 403 | Location: PA | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACClauhs
posted Hide Post
Received the MPX today. Gunsmith replaced upper with new receiver. Appears to have the same barrel and does have the same bolt carrier group. Comments on receipt stated "damaged was caused by the bolt carrier arm protruding, at one point must not have been locked in place though it was when I inspected it." Grammar issues aside, not sure if his assessment is the same as my assessment but I'm glad that they replaced the damaged part. New receiver has a very dull and rough finish compared to the original. Just need to reattach all the accessories and get to the range for a zero.

Posts: 403 | Location: PA | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Just thought I'd pop in and drop a picture of my MPX how it's currently set up.
I got the Osprey 45 to fit on it now, so I took some photos.
This one was my favorite.

I haven't shot it suppressed yet, but I will next time I make it out to the desert.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who makes the carbon fiber hand guard on your set-up?

Posts: 14 | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gino d:
Who makes the carbon fiber hand guard on your set-up?

If I had to guess...

https://lancer-systems.com/awc...duct/mpx-handguards/

Picture of capone75088
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess Sig is going to be focused on the P320 fix for a while, there go my hopes for the 357 upper for the MPX...

Posts: 106 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post