SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Resident BoneCrusher
Picture of 45R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45R:
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
They used to say you could use their triggers in the MPX but changed and said they are coming out with a specific MPX trigger.

The problem is the hammer is hitting the disconnector which is why SIG has the bridge in place. Most disconnectors are a little too tall for the bridge to work. So some modify the bridge to use aftermarket triggers.

I just stuck a 3.5# JP hammer spring in mine. It's still a little gritty, but feels better.

I bought a SSA trigger from them because they said they would warranty it. If it breaks...they will replace it. Hopefully they'll still replace it if anything happens. The SSA was a great improvement to the MPX trigger but it wasn't all that impressive to me. Now the webpage says their triggers are to be used from ARs only. MPX trigger coming out soon.

Thankfully with the popularity of the PCCs there will be a bit more in aftermarket support.

---------------------------
My Gallery

Posts: 9656 | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Gen 1 MPX (SBR w/ Trijicon MRO) that I had the barrel cut down to 4.5" and have an Octane 45 can on it. It is perfectly accurate out to 75 meters until the barrel/can get hot (2 or 3 mags). Once it is hot it can't hit a man sized target at 20 feet. It is quite frustrating as this is one of my favorite guns. Is this a function of the suppressor?

Posts: 97 | Registered: November 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of MPX carbines I use in USPSA PCC. Between 2,000 and 3,000 rounds on each, there were ignition problems, and it turned out each broke the firing pin spring.

My understanding is Sig switched to a design without that firing pin spring, but now is back to using a spring.

Posts: 183 | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TL;DR Franklin Armory Binary Trigger Gen 3 in MPX-P appears to hit 600 RPM intervals without hammer follow.

Put binary trigger in the MPX-P and put the timer on it at an indoor range. No hammer follow but hit the default max resolution of 0.1 second intervals. Forgot to hit RPM mode to get resolution down to the thousandth of a second. Probably wouldn't have workedv indoors anyway due to echo. Hope the short splits aren't artefact.

Will try to get max rate confirmation when I take the pistol outside.

Posts: 4 | Registered: February 14, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45R:
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
They used to say you could use their triggers in the MPX but changed and said they are coming out with a specific MPX trigger.

The problem is the hammer is hitting the disconnector which is why SIG has the bridge in place. Most disconnectors are a little too tall for the bridge to work. So some modify the bridge to use aftermarket triggers.

I just stuck a 3.5# JP hammer spring in mine. It's still a little gritty, but feels better.

I bought a SSA trigger from the because they said they would warranty it. If it breaks...they will replace it. Hopefully they'll still replace it if anything happens. The SSA was a great improvement to the MPX trigger but it wasn't all that impressive to me. Now the webpage says their triggers are to be used from ARs only. MPX trigger coming out soon.

Thankfully with the popularity of the PCCs there will be a bit more in aftermarket support.

I, too, bought an SSA when they said it was supported. Around 4500 rounds I was getting some double fires. I called Geissele and they said they would provide a one time warranty repair for no charge, and warned me not to put it back in the mpx. If I did, the next time it fails it will cost around $180 for repair work. Hope this helps....I am thinking of just doing a trigger job and springs and calling it good.

Posts: 15 | Registered: December 22, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You could try a Hiperfire trigger instead.

Already has a bridge as part of the design, and a better trigger pull to boot.

CK Bush

Posts: 13 | Location: Arizona | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So called Sig customer service to check on my MPX K handguard I ordered Feb 2016, they said approximate ship date is July. At least my Omega 9K is about to clear! Can't believe it's taking so long for a part...

Posts: 23 | Registered: March 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ckbush:

CK Bush

That's a good idea. I've been looking into them since you posted this. I would be interested in hearing from someone who has had over 4500 rounds through it to see if they had any issues as that seams to be where the decent aftermarket triggers start failing.

Update: I purchased the hiperfire 24c after I received an email from the company stating it will work with no issues.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mpxgeek,

Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g8rbreath:
So called Sig customer service to check on my MPX K handguard I ordered Feb 2016, they said approximate ship date is July. At least my Omega 9K is about to clear! Can't believe it's taking so long for a part...

Yeah, pretty unimpressed. I'm still waiting on the one I ordered in January of 2016 as well.

...I almost sent Sig CS a "Happy 1st Anniversary" card, signed by my order number! Didn't want to get tossed to the bottom of the line though, ha!

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Finally SBR’d!

Here is the mod list:
Trijicon MRO
Scalarworks co-witness MRO mount
Silencerco ASR 9mm flash hider
Silencerco Hybrid suppressor w/ASR mount & 9mm endcap
Sig KeyMod front hand stop
BCM KAG KeyMod rear hand stop
Geissele SSA trigger (purchased when they still supported it for MPX)
Magpul MOE-K2+ grip
Factory Sig telescoping stock
Engraved by Tarheel State Firearms (excellent work and turnaround time)

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Smokey99
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mpxgeek:
quote:

CK Bush

That's a good idea. I've been looking into them since you posted this. I would be interested in hearing from someone who has had over 4500 rounds through it to see if they had any issues as that seams to be where the decent aftermarket triggers start failing.

Update: I purchased the hiperfire 24c after I received an email from the company stating it will work with no issues.

I've got about 2000 with Hyperfire 24C. It's off the chain!!!

"Son, always take your paper to the woods" - my dad
NRA Endowment Life Member
3 Gun, PCC, IDPA, Bullseye Shooter

Posts: 315 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Smokey99
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10x Sniper:
I just saw that LuLa now has a MPX magazine loader available. Anyone feedback and what else is out there to assist loading these mags?

Works great! A six year old could load the mags - effortless!

Posts: 315 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Smokey99
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
My gen2 (date on box is 11/18/16) does not like Freedom's 147 either. It will eat their American Steel 115 and Winchester Ranger 124+P just fine.
I have some WWB 147 somewhere and a few cases of Winchester USA 124gr FMJ enroute.

Going to look for some gen1 mags on sale.

Debating a barrel chop to 5" and rethread instead of buying a metric piston.

I have no issues with FM's 147 reman in my AR9 (4" sbr) suppressed or unsuppressed. It also runs fine in my Glock 19, Beretta 92F, Ruger 1911 and HK VP9 (suppressed and unsuppressed)

Will Gen 1 mags run with 147 loaded to 1.169"? They FTF 115 loaded to 1.115" at a rate of about 1 every 20 rounds. I bought some Gen 1's on sale to piggyback the Gen 2 to 60 rounds.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smokey99:
quote:
Originally posted by mpxgeek:
quote:

CK Bush

I've got about 2000 with Hyperfire 24C. It's off the chain!!!

Thanks for the confirmation! I also called HiperFire on Friday and spoke with a knowledgeable guy (forgot his name) who said sig has been working with them and fully tested their 24c trigger and sig may start offering it as an upgrade in their mpx's. If this is true, it will be the first aftermarket trigger actually supported by sig!!

Picture of Smokey99
posted Hide Post
I've bought 3 sets so far (have them on AR's also). Run about $195.00. Trigger pull 2.5-3 with the springs for lightest setting. 24C comes with three sets of springs so you can select what weight you want.

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by immawake:
I took the MPX carbine to the indoor range today. I brought the 1 supplied Gen 2 mag and 3-Gen 1 mags, all loaded with 30 rounds of Freedom Munitions 124gr new ammo. I started with the Gen 2 mag and had trouble getting a round to chamber. The round wasn't being fully pushed out of the mag. I tried a Gen 1 mag and had the same problem with not being able to chamber a round. After messing with the mags and the gun for awhile, it started working. I attributed the problem with the strong new springs in the mags. I ended up running 220 rounds through the gun using both the Gen 2 mag and the Gen 1 mags. So, bottom line: the Gen 1 mags work fine in the Gen 2 gun. And, the MPX is a lot of fun.

Thank you for this. I hope I can save a lot of $$ buying gen 1 mags when I can find them.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
Gun Mag Warehouse has Gen1 mags on sale now. 3 mags with a mag carrier for $59.99. I bought some and they were here in 2 days. Cheap shipping too.

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
quote:
I took the MPX carbine to the indoor range today. I brought the 1 supplied Gen 2 mag and 3-Gen 1 mags, all loaded with 30 rounds of Freedom Munitions 124gr new ammo. I started with the Gen 2 mag and had trouble getting a round to chamber. The round wasn't being fully pushed out of the mag. I tried a Gen 1 mag and had the same problem with not being able to chamber a round. After messing with the mags and the gun for awhile, it started working. I attributed the problem with the strong new springs in the mags. I ended up running 220 rounds through the gun using both the Gen 2 mag and the Gen 1 mags. So, bottom line: the Gen 1 mags work fine in the Gen 2 gun. And, the MPX is a lot of fun.

Thank you for this. I hope I can save a lot of $$ buying gen 1 mags when I can find them.

Greetings, i had the same problem with a gen 2 mpx inpurxhased last year with gen 2 mags. I recently purchased another gen 2 mpx with gen 2 mags and it has run fine out of the box. The springs in the mags do put a lot of tension on the rounds which in turn but tension on the bcg. Leave your mags loaded to capacity for at least a week. This should clear up the problems. I read on here that some people use a wooden dowel or kitchen spoon to cycle the empty mags. I found this does not work as i cycled my mags at least 50 times each and still experienced malfunctions. Its after leaving them loaded for over a week that my gun cycled flawlessly. I believe the gun likes to be run wet with a thinner lube. I have no experience with gen 1 mags.

Posts: 16 | Location: FL | Registered: June 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Manoloiv:
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
quote:

Greetings, i had the same problem with a gen 2 mpx inpurxhased last year with gen 2 mags. I recently purchased another gen 2 mpx with gen 2 mags and it has run fine out of the box. The springs in the mags do put a lot of tension on the rounds which in turn but tension on the bcg. Leave your mags loaded to capacity for at least a week. This should clear up the problems. I read on here that some people use a wooden dowel or kitchen spoon to cycle the empty mags. I found this does not work as i cycled my mags at least 50 times each and still experienced malfunctions. Its after leaving them loaded for over a week that my gun cycled flawlessly. I believe the gun likes to be run wet with a thinner lube. I have no experience with gen 1 mags.

I have two, a pistol and a carbine. The carbine had this problem when new using the same mags that were well-proven with my pistol.

Bottom line, it just needed broken in. First couple hundred rounds out of battery happened quite a bit. Did a basic cleaning and shot another couple hundred and had very few occurences. Did a full cleaning and in the third outing the carbine was flawless. Make sure you are using normal powered ammo at first. Some common 9mm loads (Perfecta, Fiochi, Tulammo) are loaded pretty light.

Not excited about it, but it is what it is.

My pistol, for whatever it's worth, was flawless from day 1 out of the box just lubing it up and going.

Posts: 221 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I am getting ready to buy a 9mm MPX, it will be a gen 2. Can gen 1 magazines be used in a gen 2 gun? Any problems? They seem to be a lot cheaper than gen 2 magazines.

I have seen differing opinions from other sources and SF has never led me astray

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post