SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Greetings,

Has/did anyone use the sig tapered collar adapter when installing a muzzle device?

Posts: 16 | Location: FL | Registered: June 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone heard about the shotshow sale code for the Sig Store? Someone passed it along on Facebook today.

SIGSHOTSHOW17 is the code he said was good for 20% off any one item thru Friday 1/20.

I haven't tried it yet but might try to scoop up another Gen 1 mag if it works.

Posts: 17 | Registered: January 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I think Gunmagwarehouse was having a sale on a 3 pack of the gen1 mags. I think it was $67 shipped or so.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I think Gunmagwarehouse was having a sale on a 3 pack of the gen1 mags. I think it was $67 shipped or so.

Yes, and I bought that exact package. Very nice deal!

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gunmagwarehouse

Thanks for sharing this deal. Great price. Picked up 2 sets.

Posts: 17 | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
They work fine in my gen2. I did buy another set last week as well.

I modified one of the gen1 mags. It now holds 35 and so far so good. No issues. I'll test it some more before I do it another one to see how it holds up long term. I only shoot mine suppressed now since I cut the barrel down and not the handguard.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by obiefox:
quote:
Gunmagwarehouse

Thanks for sharing this deal. Great price. Picked up 2 sets.

^^ Thanks! Just picked up 2 sets as well.

Posts: 36 | Registered: May 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mkueffer:
Finally took some time to remove the hinder and put the SRD can on the MPX. Now to decide if I want to cut the barrel down or look for an extended rail.

mkueffer - How difficult was it to remove the flash hider on your MPX? May I ask what process you used to remove it?

Reason I ask...I've been attempting to get the FH off of my MPX, and I am having a bit of "difficulty". Thank you.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of }BuLL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:
mkueffer - How difficult was it to remove the flash hider on your MPX? May I ask what process you used to remove it?

Reason I ask...I've been attempting to get the FH off of my MPX, and I am having a bit of "difficulty". Thank you.
I heated mine up a bit with a hair dryer, and didn't have too much trouble getting it loose.

Posts: 131 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember that it is a left hand thread......

E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by obiefox:
Remember that it is a left hand thread......

Yes, I am aware. Wink

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:

I used a vice to hold the barrel wrapped in a piece of scrap rubber/vinyl and secured tight. Was fairly easy that way.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if you know that, then no there is nothing special to taking it off. Mine came off with the proper application of force....

posted Hide Post
Anyone give the bionanry trigger in their mpx.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

I had a BFS III in mine for a few weeks. It worked okay, but you could overrun it. I ended up removing it and putting the factory trigger and bridge set up for reliability purposes.

Posts: 1141 | Location: Phila Area | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

I installed one and it works great.

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about bags? I've been contemplating getting a backpack or shoulder bag that I can strap my MPX into better than it fits into my range bag. I had a Sig bag backordered at one point but cancelled when the reviews weren't great. Looking for something that isn't oversized like I think the 5.11 M4 covert bag is.

Posts: 36 | Location: GA | Registered: June 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
5.11 select carry sling pack was on sale on amazon for $55 recently. Fits two of the three pack mags as well.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I assume that's an 8" barrel and a folded brace? Good point of reference (thanks!). I'm trying to accommodate a 4.5" SBR but maybe also in the suppressed config w/ the 8" handguard.

I keep meaning to carve out time to hit one store that I know has bags and MPXs and maybe pick a couple to hold up against the actual gun.

Posts: 36 | Location: GA | Registered: June 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip on the 511 bag sale. great deal on a nice bag. one is on the way...