SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
Several LGS have gen1s in stock. None of them have known there was a gen2 though...

This is the very problem I have.

Posts: 18 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by quicksilvergoat:
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
Several LGS have gen1s in stock. None of them have known there was a gen2 though...

This is the very problem I have.

Ask them to check their distributor for an MPX-P-9-KM. That is the model number for the gen 2. The issue my FFL had was that a lot of distributors had pre-sold or set aside the KM models for their high volume retailers. He said his "cheapest" distributor wouldnt sell him one, but he was able to get it through another distributor.

They may very well be out of stock at this point, although I did just get an email from Alphacat armory saying that they could now get the KM pistols.

Posts: 21 | Registered: June 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Lgs has gen 1 for $1195, or CZ Scorpion for $799 hard to pick so would a gen 1 be a good idea this late in the game with gen 2 already out or just buy the CZ.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Lgs has gen 1 for $1195, or CZ Scorpion for $799 hard to pick so would a gen 1 be a good idea this late in the game with gen 2 already out or just buy the CZ.

Whatever you decide, sort out the mag situation first. Source all the mags you need before you commit and find out mags are impossible to find or crazy expensive.

Posts: 221 | Registered: October 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Scorpion hands down.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want to get one right now, Scorpion. Or wait till next year and see what happens. Looks like B&T is getting back in the sub gun market.
http://www.gandrtactical.com/c...sortorder=descending

Posts: 203 | Registered: April 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elec540:
If you want to get one right now, Scorpion. Or wait till next year and see what happens. Looks like B&T is getting back in the sub gun market.
http://www.gandrtactical.com/c...sortorder=descending

Except I think I've learned my lesson from being the first buyer of a "Gen 1" gun....although I would like to add the Zenith Z-5RS to my collection....

Posts: 97 | Registered: November 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
B&T has been making sub-guns for years, those are not new production Gen 1's. I guess there going to start shipping pistol only versions and maybe make there suppressor a in the US. Was told there would be more info. from B&T at Shot Show. Still waiting for SIG for there FAQ page, so I can decide on what I want to do with the Gen 1 MPX.

posted Hide Post
For all of you voting Scorpion to avoid the Gen 1 crap, check out CZ USA Facebook page, it's getting an overall for 2016 also!

Posts: 63 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: June 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scorpion Carbine, Scorpion Carbine suppressed. Wonder if they are going to be produced in the US?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CRASH_PRO:
For all of you voting Scorpion to avoid the Gen 1 crap, check out CZ USA Facebook page, it's getting an overall for 2016 also!

Sadly the aesthetics of the scorpion just does not do it for me..

Still on the fence about keeping my Gen1 MPX also or whether I should sell it and get a Gen2, but as long as Sig keeps making mags for the Gen1 and will offer replacement barrels I guess I might be good.

Posts: 149 | Registered: July 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought they were going to post a FAQ page about the GEN 1 and GEN 2 this week. I got 6 mags last week, return them, keep and sell with GEN1 MPX, or roll the dice and keep? If I do sell the GEN1, I will not be buying the GEN2, there new GEN2 Brochure only list the MPX as 9mm.
http://www.sigevolution.com/_i...SIG-MPX-Brochure.pdf

Picture of corey4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
MPX mags in stock at Top Gun:

http://www.topgunsupply.com/si...ne-mag-mpx-9-30.html

Any idea on Gen 1 or Gen 2? If Gen 2, I would buy two just for testing in my Gen 1

i ordered some of these, mine are all gen1 with the shorter feed lips.

Posts: 172 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
there new GEN2 Brochure only list the MPX as 9mm.
http://www.sigevolution.com/_i...SIG-MPX-Brochure.pdf

geez..nothing like making things more murky than they already are

posted Hide Post
They did put a picture of the Gen 1 on the cover page.

posted Hide Post
quote:
They did put a picture of the Gen 1 on the cover page.

and everything inside is gen2 Roll Eyes

Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
Love how the brochure says "The next generation of submachine gun."

Maybe it should say "The second generation of the next generation of submachine gun, but is it the final generation of the next generation? Your guess is as good as ours!" Smile

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I broke down and watched the video on there product page. The MPX had the key mod hand guard, so it is probably the Gen 2. But they still showed all of the Gen 1 info on the page. See how much longer it takes them to dissolve the Gen 1 from there product page.

posted Hide Post
Wait and see if they have the next Gen at Shot Show "Gen 3 for 2016"

posted Hide Post
Two dumb guy questions:

How much difference does a 4" vs 8" barrel make for...

...accuracy inside 25 yards?

...muzzle velocity with marginally subsonic ammo?

Assume shoulder fired with one of the stocks and red dot sight.

Posts: 55 | Location: Gunshine State - Connecticut No More | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post