SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 133 134 135 136

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Buy the folder and try em both. Depending on your intended use, carry method, and your personal size and how you like to shoot, youll favor one over the other.

Im sticking with folder.

Posts: 7306 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Patriot_1776
posted Hide Post
Any love for MRO's? If so, which mount did you like?

I did notice the Scalarworks from pg.130 - just curious of other's experiences.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1615 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excuse my ignorance on this. I just swapped to the ILWT 4.5 inch barrel and his website said to be sure to check headspace after swap. Where is the best place for headspace gauges? I saw a set at Brownells for $60.

Barrel slid right in like butter. Should be perfect with the omega 9k.

Posts: 84 | Registered: June 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did anyone buy the Next Level Armament spring block and charging handle so you don’t scratch the top of the receiver like the factory parts will?

The spring block works perfectly with the factory charging handle. If you use the supplied charging handle from Next Level Armament you will scratch the top of the receiver in a different place because their charging handle is much thicker than the factory supplied handle.

First time I have been disappointed with any of their stuff. The spring block works perfectly but skip the charging handle since it totally defeats the purpose of what their spring block is designed for.

Posts: 1313 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried the NLA block and CH and when I shoot supressed, the gas blowback leaked thru the back of the CH, not enough “seal”. Not that it was supposed to. I saw the Giesele CH and bought that. It does not need the NLA lift block (not compatible with it) and it blocked more of the “suppressed” blow back gas and the CH feels better. My recommendation is the Giesele CH for better feel and blocking of the gas.

Posts: 36 | Registered: September 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patriot_1776:

Expensive but the best for a MRO. Quick detach feature and also allows for co-witness with BUIS...

https://www.americandefenseman...m/view/product/1055/

Posts: 432 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Patriot_1776
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
quote:
Originally posted by Patriot_1776:

Expensive but the best for a MRO. Quick detach feature and also allows for co-witness with BUIS...

https://www.americandefenseman...m/view/product/1055/

Thanks!

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1615 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of combatvet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
ok.... as requested

and

edit:
the angles are weird and it doesn't look like it.... but that tape measure is in the same place on both pics

I'm sorry, but angle has nothing to do with it, the tape measure is not measured in the same spot. It's very clear.

Posts: 70 | Registered: November 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
I have searched and must have missed the definitive answer about magazine compatibility due to my weak search fu.

Gen1 mag -> Gen2 mpx = ? (no issues, has issues, does not work)
Gen2 mag -> Gen1 mpx = ? (no issues, has issues, does not work)

Thanks fellas.

Posts: 960 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by combatvet:
I'm sorry, but angle has nothing to do with it, the tape measure is not measured in the same spot. It's very clear.

That's cool. I'll go ahead and call you a liar too.
Liar.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 984 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
so the local Gander Reincarnated has a MPX Pistol with the 4" barrel for 1990 and change. Not that I will pay that but who has the 4 inch and how do you like it?

Posts: 568 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Berg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ergoproxy:
I have searched and must have missed the definitive answer about magazine compatibility due to my weak search fu.

Gen1 mag -> Gen2 mpx = ? (no issues, has issues, does not work)
Gen2 mag -> Gen1 mpx = ? (no issues, has issues, does not work)

Thanks fellas.

Gen 1 mags seem to work perfectly fine in Gen 2 guns. Not sure about the other way around.

Posts: 764 | Location: near the 101 and 92 in Calif. | Registered: August 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Citadel:
so the local Gander Reincarnated has a MPX Pistol with the 4" barrel for 1990 and change. Not that I will pay that but who has the 4 inch and how do you like it?

I absolutely love my 4" MPX. So much better, IMO, than the 8" in balance, maneuverability, and my use.

Posts: 7306 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Oh, thats pretty! What suppressor os that, DWD?

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Anyone ever consider changing out their gun's plastic dust cover? To me it's so cheesy that I can't bring myself to refer to it as 'polymer'. But alas, I'm not aware of anyone who actually MAKES an aftermarket replacement.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post