SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ctsheepdog:
Two dumb guy questions:

How much difference does a 4" vs 8" barrel make for...

...accuracy inside 25 yards?

...muzzle velocity with marginally subsonic ammo?

Assume shoulder fired with one of the stocks and red dot sight.

Good question. I've been waiting for news from Sig on a 4.5" barrel for the Gen 1 before I have someone cutdown my current 8" barrel. Link below shows ballistics by the inch. Not sure about accuracy though. Probably not too much difference out to 25 yards I would think.
http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/9luger.html

Posts: 97 | Registered: November 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of corey4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Two dumb guy questions:

i shoot american eagle 147 out of my 8" barrel MPX with an osprey45 and it is a tad louder than my glock 17 or sig 226 because of the longer burn time for the powder pushing the bullet closer to the sound barrier.

Posts: 172 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Two dumb guy questions:

FM 147... 4" I'm getting same groups. Using octane 9. Blowback a touch high but less with 4". Sounds about the same. Didn't notice an accuracy difference until I tried bipod shooting at 100 yards with can on 8 and 4.. 4 drops another 5-6".

Posts: 33 | Location: Michigan  | Registered: May 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Very good video comparison of evo to MPX

Link to original video: http://youtu.be/sS0rEazh1kI

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Very good video comparison of evo to MPX

Link to original video: http://youtu.be/sS0rEazh1kI

In that video MAC is having some major gas blowback issues. In the video below from RTN he says he has none. Wonder if suppressor and/or ammo are making that much of a difference?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-fHEZsSFU0

Picture of corey4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmoon1:

In that video MAC is having some major gas blowback issues. In the video below from RTN he says he has none. Wonder if suppressor and/or ammo are making that much of a difference?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-fHEZsSFU0

is posted this on page 65 of this thread.

quote:
Originally posted by corey4:
i am going to chime in on the suppressor threads that i just read.

this is pasted from my comments on a silencertalk thread:

i have been reading a lot of threads about the MPX and blowback over the last few weeks. when i first got mine (8" barrel), i was very disappointed in the amount of blow back with my octane9HD, to the point i was trying to sell my MPX and/or trade it in for another toy. but when i was reading some of the other discussions (multiple times), it got me thinking. i remember reading sometime, somewhere about larger can volume and how it might help. so i took my osprey45 out with it today. i received zero blowback. i switched back and forth with the octane9 and osprey45 burning thru 200 rounds of american eagle 147 and 50 rounds of american eagle 115. most test strings were 10-15 rounds to get a good baseline and make sure i was actually perceiving corretly what was going on. when i finally determined the osprey45 provided no blowback, i did 3 30 round mag dumps...no blowback. so i took my MPX off the market where i had it listed for sale.

MPX 8"
american eagle 147 and 115
octane9HD provided terrible blowback with both loads
osprey45 provided zero blowback with both loads
all shots were taken NTCH, or as best i could do without a stock. without a stock, the recoil kinda punches you in the nose lol

so, i am now wondering if the design of the osprey with the monocore allows more gas to be blown into the can, and not into the action. i am also wondering if being a 45 allows more gas to escape thru the bore with the larger baffle openings and bore opening.

maybe in the next few days i will take my YHM cobra9 out. it has a monocore and a large bore opening. it is actually quite load compared to my octane9 and osprey with the same load.

i would love to test an octane45 and an osprey9 to see if i get the same results.

Posts: 172 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the blow back problem is a result of using a suppressor designed for hand gun use. I use my Octanes 9 and 45 on my handguns, 9mm AR, and MPX. Even on the 9mm AR I get gas coming back. Maybe next year, I will get a suppressor designed for subguns. Heard B&T suppressor's might be made in the US and they make one for the MP5.

Posts: 203 | Registered: April 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elec540:
I think the blow back problem is a result of using a suppressor designed for hand gun use. I use my Octanes 9 and 45 on my handguns, 9mm AR, and MPX. Even on the 9mm AR I get gas coming back. Maybe next year, I will get a suppressor designed for subguns. Heard B&T suppressor's might be made in the US and they make one for the MP5.

Well, what's interesting is that in the video I posted RTN is using a Ti-Rant 9 and is getting no gas blowback at all. The Ti-Rant 9 (I believe) is not even rated for 300 blackout, which both the 9 and 45 Octane are. As soon as I pick up my Octane 45 (should be soon) I will try it out with and without the 9mm endcap. Still waiting on my telescoping stock from Sig (June 10th).

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
What a shit show. Got my replacement lower, and after putting it on safe and fire 10 or so times, the selector has ground a nice mark though the anodizing Mad Ridiculous. Looks like it'll be going back again.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Still waiting on my telescoping stock from Sig (June 10th).

June 5th for me - not a peep from sig on it yet

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
What a shit show. Got my replacement lower, and after putting it on safe and fire 10 or so times, the selector has ground a nice mark though the anodizing Mad Ridiculous. Looks like it'll be going back again.

SSHHHHH! Don't tell everyone. Now ALL the cool kids will want scratches in their anodizing! Wink

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
quote:

Yeah, I literally laughed out loud when I read a post from a couple weeks back when someone had spoken with Sig and had been told that if they ordered the telescoping stock then, they should receive it in December. I suppose it's possible, but after waiting almost 6 months seems a bit unlikely. Can anyone who just recently received one give us an update on their order date? Thanks!

posted Hide Post
Is there anything new from SIG on what's going on with the mags? Do Gen 1 work in the Gen 2, or do the Gen 2's work in the Gen 1? I have till the end of the week to return my two three packs.

posted Hide Post
Sadly, they have enough for there Gen 2 carbines.

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari Steve:
quote:

SSHHHHH! Don't tell everyone. Now ALL the cool kids will want scratches in their anodizing! Wink

If you want to swap lowers and transfer the coolness I could be talked into it Razz I'm alright with being lame Cool

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
quote:

Yeah, I literally laughed out loud when I read a post from a couple weeks back when someone had spoken with Sig and had been told that if they ordered the telescoping stock then, they should receive it in December. I suppose it's possible, but after waiting almost 6 months seems a bit unlikely. Can anyone who just recently received one give us an update on their order date? Thanks!

Most recent I was able to find on this thread was a fellow who ordered his about a week before me. He got it about 2-3 weeks ago.
I guess maybe he got the tail end of whatever batch came in.. then they ran out Frown

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you want to swap lowers and transfer the coolness I could be talked into it Razz I'm alright with being lame Cool
You're only saying that because you know my lower is engraved and has its serial number on a Form 1. LOL

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is there anything new from SIG on what's going on with the mags? Do Gen 1 work in the Gen 2, or do the Gen 2's work in the Gen 1? I have till the end of the week to return my two three packs.
Unfortunately, if there was any new information about it "from Sig," I wouldn't trust it at this point.

I'd much rather hear reports from actual users, which is why this thread is so valuable.

posted Hide Post
Sig is really making this a weird situation. Yesterday at the range/gun shop, they had the new GEN 2 MPX and no GEN 1's. They also had extra mags in stock. When I looked at them they were GEN 1, nothing on the packaging said for GEN 1 or GEN 2. While waiting for a empty lane, they were selling a GEN 2 MPX, with a couple of the GEN 1 mags. Normally I would think that Sig would tell the dealers not to sell the old style mags with the new GEN, if there was a issue. For some reason Sig is keeping what works with what a secret. Will give them a call tomorrow.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari Steve:
quote:
Unfortunately, if there was any new information about it "from Sig," I wouldn't trust it at this point.

I'd much rather hear reports from actual users, which is why this thread is so valuable.

Hey Steve, Do you have a video on your paperclip/charging handle mod?