SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Variation in the ammo is just as likely as variation in the MPX. Find ammo that your MPX runs flawlessly and stick with it.

Pretty much the same for every gun we own right??

Posts: 17 | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Received the magula loader this week, very well made and a significant advance in design over the other loader. Simple to use, you slide the loader on the mag until it clicks in place, then moving the lever back and forth for each load you drop in a round moving from right to left and rotate the lever back or forward to depress the round into the mag

It's simple, quick and easy, no loading five rounds into a slot then pushing in rounds

Both work, either are better than using your thumbs. The speed is probably the same as the magula is one round at a time, the other slams in 5 at a time, however you have the time spent putting rounds in the strip holder

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am considering getting a hardcase for my mpx, was thinking of a pelican case, but than I found peak cases during a search..

http://www.peakcase.com/peakca...mpx-covert-case.html

has anyone used these?

about the same price as a pelican case, and the pre cut foam is an added bonus (tried cutting the foam for an AR on a another pelican case, and it ended up looking like a retarded monkey did it).

Posts: 149 | Registered: July 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner777
posted Hide Post
I've always used Pelican cases. They hold up very well for air travel and general hard use.

http://gunner777.wordpress.com
Writer for "The Firearm Blog"

NRA Certified Police Firearms Instructor

Proud Father of an Army Airborne Trooper

Posts: 302 | Location: Missouri | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Finally took some time to remove the hinder and put the SRD can on the MPX. Now to decide if I want to cut the barrel down or look for an extended rail.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quick update:

Total round count is around 800rds, approximately half Magtech 115gr FMJ Brass case and half steel case Brown Bear 115gr FMJ. I've had about 30 or so failures, mostly short stroking (mostly with the brass case rounds, by the way!) and failure to go into battery because the mag springs are too stiff. I've left the mags loaded for 2 months and only one of 12 is still giving me fits. Also, my gun is a gen 2 and half my mags are gen 2 and half are gen 1. Both work fine! In fact, the one mag still giving me fits is a gen 2.

I'm starting to trust it more, but not completely yet. My Uzi Pro has fired more rounds and hiccuped ZERO times. It's currently in a defense role. With a little more testing, I hope to put this MPX into the rotation though!

Also one tip for cleaning, the internal receiver brush that comes with Tavor rifles (the cleaning kit is also for sale direct from IWI) works really well for cleaning out the inside of the upper. That is if you happen to also have a Tavor! I've been using the brush that came with mine on all kinds of other weapons, just an extra bonus to a bad ass bull pup!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: USMC1302Colt,

Posts: 7 | Registered: September 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I put a Franklin Armory trigger in my MPX SBR. It was a lot of fun, but only half the rounds hit the steel plate I was shooting at. I was surprised how uncontrollable that little 9mm is with (simulated) full auto.

I have a video shooting it with the trigger. But its really shaky. I was having a hard time holding the gun and the phone at the same time.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What size steel plate and at what distance? If you work on your technique I bet you will dramatically improve your hit rate.

Watch a few MP5 shooting technique videos. With my MP5, I can dump an entire 30 rd mag into a torso size steel plate at 25 yards FA.

Which version of franklin armory trigger? Did it drop straight in and just run?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rangerone:
I received a response from the sales team of Geissele Automatics, and I was explicitly told that using their trigger in the MPX will void the warranty of the trigger.

So much for their golden warranty. I am very disappointed, though they have not tested it, and are aware of the forum talk about their triggers, they allow it to continue and it sells more of their triggers.

Legally, they have disclaimed by their note on their website, so let the buyer beware, use of their trigger voids warranty. Use at your own risk.

Thats disappointing as I bought a SD3G trigger specifically for my MPX.

I guess maybe their initial endorsement of their triggers in this weapon resulted in more failures and warranty work than they anticipated.

Posts: 149 | Registered: July 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Added the 3 lug and fore grip to my factory K today. Now I need to find the perfect optic....

Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by obiefox:
What size steel plate and at what distance? If you work on your technique I bet you will dramatically improve your hit rate.

Watch a few MP5 shooting technique videos. With my MP5, I can dump an entire 30 rd mag into a torso size steel plate at 25 yards FA.

Which version of franklin armory trigger? Did it drop straight in and just run?

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My BFS111 should be here today. Looking forward to shooting later this week.

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
My MPX is getting closer to completion. I just installed the new 9mm Silencerco Trifecta flash hider that is compatible with the factory 13.5x1 LH muzzle threads:

https://www.store.silencerco.c...?variant=17796761476

I also installed the ASR mount and 9mm end cap on the Silencerco Hybrid which I finally got out of jail a few weeks ago.

In direct thread mode the Hybrid sounded great and had zero blowback, but it would keep loosening up due to the LH muzzle threads and RH can adaptor threads. I wanted to be able to fire the MPX without the can sometimes so this new ASR setup seemed like a great solution to both. Now I can torque the flash hider down with some Rocksett and still have a QD mount with a locking feature that won’t loosen while shooting.

So far it seems to fit great with just enough room to access the lock ring with the factory 8” barrel and factory rail. Everything locks up nice and solid, no wobbles anywhere. Now I just need my Form 1 to be approved so I can put a real stock on this thing!

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice Setup !

quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
My MPX is getting closer to completion. I just installed the new 9mm Silencerco Trifecta flash hider that is compatible with the factory 13.5x1 LH muzzle threads:

I also installed the ASR mount and 9mm end cap on the Silencerco Hybrid which I finally got out of jail a few weeks ago.

In direct thread mode the Hybrid sounded great and had zero blowback, but it would keep loosening up due to the LH muzzle threads and RH can adaptor threads. I wanted to be able to fire the MPX without the can sometimes so this new ASR setup seemed like a great solution to both. Now I can torque the flash hider down with some Rocksett and still have a QD mount with a locking feature that won’t loosen while shooting.

So far it seems to fit great with just enough room to access the lock ring with the factory 8” barrel and factory rail. Everything locks up nice and solid, no wobbles anywhere. Now I just need my Form 1 to be approved so I can put a real stock on this thing!

Posts: 16 | Location: FL | Registered: June 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:

Beautiful set-up! I wasn't aware they had a 9mm specific flash hider. Very cool!

Posts: 597 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: September 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
I just found out about it, I think it has just become available in the past few months. They also have a .46 caliber muzzle brake with several thread options. I think it's a great idea to further expand the modularity of the Hybrid suppressor.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Forgot to report back. Barrel chopped to 4.5". I only shoot this suppressed now (handguard is still factory length). It works fine now with the FM 147gr reman. Nice and quiet.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone else put a tape measure on the Sig brace, about 15 inches from trigger face to the end of the brace. Is there an easy way to shorten this up?

Posts: 183 | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a couple of the 5 round loaders. Actually like them better than the LULA loaders. I have the LULA for rifle and pistols. I load each one and then push them in.
Thom
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Received the magula loader this week, very well made and a significant advance in design over the other loader. Simple to use, you slide the loader on the mag until it clicks in place, then moving the lever back and forth for each load you drop in a round moving from right to left and rotate the lever back or forward to depress the round into the mag

It's simple, quick and easy, no loading five rounds into a slot then pushing in rounds

Both work, either are better than using your thumbs. The speed is probably the same as the magula is one round at a time, the other slams in 5 at a time, however you have the time spent putting rounds in the strip holder

NRA Lifer
AZCDL
A politician is a fellow who wants you to lay down your life for his country.

Posts: 31 | Location: Arizona | Registered: December 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
If the magazine isn't fully seated (and I mean seated and try to yank it out) the magazine catch has enough tension to hold a full magazine, and feed successfully. It happens more frequently when seating on a closed bolt, but I've seen folks whom I've lent my gun to, do it even with the bolt locked open.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post