SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have a AAC Ti-Rant 45 in nfa jail. I have ordered the piston that works with the goofy mpx threads. Wondering if it will fit under the handguard?

Posts: 5 | Registered: February 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes the AAC 45 Tirant fits well under/within the handguard. I have mine set up like that currently.

Posts: 2 | Registered: October 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Currently running a 3-lug config with an Octane 45 and have been hemming and hawing about chopping down the barrel. Hope the 4.5" barrels become available by the time the stamp comes back on my Omega 9K, but based on the wait times for the stock, I'm not holding my breath.

Posts: 9 | Registered: May 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dwd1985:
Stamp came in this morning. Decisions, decisions...

---------------
@dwd -- Can you please remind me what the Sig part # is again for this stock (with rails filling up MPX all the way).
Thank you!

Posts: 97 | Registered: November 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
Removed the barrel from my MPX tonight and am sending it off in the morning to get cut to 4" and rethreaded to 1/2x28. Can't wait to get it back! Also ordering a new TROSUSA 1/2x28 3-lug to run my Octane 45 under the handguard.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cntrl23,

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had an issue with the collapsible stock at the range today.

First time out since the stamp and stock came. Was sighting it in, shot really low out of the box with 147gr.

When I was done went to collapse the stock and the button wouldn't go all the way down. Took it home and took the button assembly apart.

Turns out there is a set screw attached to the bottom of the button as well as another on the block under it. When you press the button down to retract/lengthen the stock the two set screws hit each other to stop downward motion. Apparently all the shooting loosened one of them. I readjusted them and added low strength thread locker. While putting it all back together I realized Sig had put in an access hole to the bottom most set screw. On the under side of the latch you will see a small hex screw. Take that out and you have access to the inside lower set screw via hex head. Sure enough, I was able to adjust it up and down duplicating and fixing the latch issue I was having.

Posts: 15 | Registered: May 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cntrl23:
Removed the barrel from my MPX tonight and am sending it off in the morning to get cut to 4" and rethreaded to 1/2x28. Can't wait to get it back! Also ordering a new TROSUSA 1/2x28 3-lug to run my Octane 45 under the handguard.

You can post a link to a classifieds ad and re-list the 3-lug there: let's try to keep this thread technical.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmoon1:
Hey Steve, thought you would find it interesting that I had emailed Primary Arms about a Geissele 3SG trigger for my MPX and they sent me a link to your original blog that it would void the warranty. I sent them the link to Sig's recent Youtube video in which they stated it would no longer void the warranty and they were happy to hear the news.

That's interesting, Blackmoon1. That must have been a link Primary Arms kept handy, but hadn't checked any time this year, because on Dec 30th of last year, I added the following paragraph to the top of that MPX trigger post in bright red:

"UPDATE: When this article was first published in June 2015, SIG Sauer’s official position was that installing an aftermarket trigger in a SIG MPX would void the warranty. They have since changed that position. Aftermarket triggers no longer void the warranty, though SIG won’t be responsible for any damage to aftermarket triggers (which makes sense). Read the MPX FAQ article on RealGunReviews.com (I also publish that blog) for the most up-to-date info. The article below is still informative as to how the stock MPX trigger works and the importance of the trigger bridge, as well as why most aftermarket triggers will not fit in the MPX with the trigger bridge."

The link in that paragraph goes here:

http://www.realgunreviews.com/...-faq-video-analysis/

That video analysis article includes the SIG video and further explains the trigger-related warranty issues, including SIG's new stance (which is a very welcome change).

Thank you for helping set them straight. Smile

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Not sure sig could void the warranty with an aftermarket trigger install federal law prohibits manufacturing companies from doing this, it's called Magnuson Moss act.

They can only refuse warranty repair for damages caused by the aftermarket part not simply because it was installed in their product.

Most likely this was pointed out to or by sig legal due to a complaint.

Posts: 23397 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Not sure sig could void the warranty with an aftermarket trigger install federal law prohibits manufacturing companies from doing this, it's called Magnuson Moss act.

They can only refuse warranty repair for damages caused by the aftermarket part not simply because it was installed in their product.

Most likely this was pointed out to or by sig legal due to a complaint.

I remember the Magnuson Moss act being quoted when certain car manufacturers tried to void the warranty when customers put aftermarket exhausts on their cars. Great point, HRK.

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
This was a big Interwebs chat discussion when people complained dealers were "voiding warranties" on Harley bikes.

Telling new customers they had to get it done at the dealer with only HD filters and oil. If HD decreed that in its warranty by law they have to give customers the service and parts for free for anything they sell that they require use of to maintain the warranty.

Clearly HD knows the law, it was complete bs.

Posts: 23397 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
Ok so my new stock arrived!

and pics must be had!

first we have the kate moss stock on my MCX:

and folded:

and new stock installed:

installed folded (fully extended):

installed folded collapsed:

side view:

side view collapsed:

and a final pic of the two stocks next to each other:

Let me know if theres any specific pics or dimensions that anyone wants.

I didn't sort through 20+ pages of subsequent posts, so forgive me if this has been asked already, but what is the overall length of pull on the telescoping folding stock?
Just picked up a MPX-C yesterday and can live with the rails unit, but maybe could live better with the more substantial one.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
MPX Ambi charging handle (round 2) arrived from SIG yesterday. Gonna check fitment today.

posted Hide Post
Frank,
Both the KM and Tele/Fold stocks have a 13.25" LOP on the MPX

Posts: 50 | Registered: November 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chrischoi
posted Hide Post
Can anyone confirm that the safety can be replaced with a regular AR15 safety? Someone that has it done or can reference that it can be done without modification.

Thanks.

Posts: 73 | Location: PA | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, a regular AR15 selector drops in fine. I did it. The stock one is too chunky for me, and no want for ambi. Getting the roll pin out of the other side of the stock one is the only interesting part. I swapped in a few AR15 parts: Geissele S3G trigger, BCM gunfighter mod3 pistol grip.

like so:

Posts: 20 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: January 23, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's good to know. The off side ambi feels like having a stone in your shoe.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love having an ambi safety, but I don't like the feel of the one that comes on the MPX. I'll be changing that out at some point.

I'd also like to try a grip with a slightly steeper angle. More of a PDW-type grip. Maybe a Magpul MOE K or MOE K Plus.

I'd be interested to know what other grips y'all have tried on the MPX, and what your opinions are of them.

Posts: 29 | Location: PA | Registered: October 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigRocks:
I'd also like to try a grip with a slightly steeper angle. More of a PDW-type grip. Maybe a Magpul MOE K or MOE K Plus.

I'd be interested to know what other grips y'all have tried on the MPX, and what your opinions are of them.

I'm using the MOE K+, seems to work, but I'd like to try it on a 4.5" as well.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
Originally posted by SigRocks:

I'm using the MOE K+, seems to work, but I'd like to try it on a 4.5" as well.

That's what I was thinking too LDD. Can't wait to actually have a K to try it on.

Posts: 29 | Location: PA | Registered: October 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post