SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 138

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmoon1:
Still waiting on my telescoping stock from Sig (June 10th).

June 5th for me - not a peep from sig on it yet

Yeah, I literally laughed out loud when I read a post from a couple weeks back when someone had spoken with Sig and had been told that if they ordered the telescoping stock then, they should receive it in December. I suppose it's possible, but after waiting almost 6 months seems a bit unlikely. Can anyone who just recently received one give us an update on their order date? Thanks!

Posts: 97 | Registered: November 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there anything new from SIG on what's going on with the mags? Do Gen 1 work in the Gen 2, or do the Gen 2's work in the Gen 1? I have till the end of the week to return my two three packs.

Posts: 191 | Registered: April 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sadly, they have enough for there Gen 2 carbines.

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari Steve:
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
What a shit show. Got my replacement lower, and after putting it on safe and fire 10 or so times, the selector has ground a nice mark though the anodizing Mad Ridiculous. Looks like it'll be going back again.

SSHHHHH! Don't tell everyone. Now ALL the cool kids will want scratches in their anodizing! Wink

If you want to swap lowers and transfer the coolness I could be talked into it Razz I'm alright with being lame Cool

When in doubt, pinky out.

Posts: 2754 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
quote:
Still waiting on my telescoping stock from Sig (June 10th).

June 5th for me - not a peep from sig on it yet

Yeah, I literally laughed out loud when I read a post from a couple weeks back when someone had spoken with Sig and had been told that if they ordered the telescoping stock then, they should receive it in December. I suppose it's possible, but after waiting almost 6 months seems a bit unlikely. Can anyone who just recently received one give us an update on their order date? Thanks!

Most recent I was able to find on this thread was a fellow who ordered his about a week before me. He got it about 2-3 weeks ago.
I guess maybe he got the tail end of whatever batch came in.. then they ran out Frown

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 508 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
If you want to swap lowers and transfer the coolness I could be talked into it Razz I'm alright with being lame Cool
You're only saying that because you know my lower is engraved and has its serial number on a Form 1. LOL

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elec540:
Is there anything new from SIG on what's going on with the mags? Do Gen 1 work in the Gen 2, or do the Gen 2's work in the Gen 1? I have till the end of the week to return my two three packs.
Unfortunately, if there was any new information about it "from Sig," I wouldn't trust it at this point.

I'd much rather hear reports from actual users, which is why this thread is so valuable.

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig is really making this a weird situation. Yesterday at the range/gun shop, they had the new GEN 2 MPX and no GEN 1's. They also had extra mags in stock. When I looked at them they were GEN 1, nothing on the packaging said for GEN 1 or GEN 2. While waiting for a empty lane, they were selling a GEN 2 MPX, with a couple of the GEN 1 mags. Normally I would think that Sig would tell the dealers not to sell the old style mags with the new GEN, if there was a issue. For some reason Sig is keeping what works with what a secret. Will give them a call tomorrow.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari Steve:
quote:
Unfortunately, if there was any new information about it "from Sig," I wouldn't trust it at this point.

I'd much rather hear reports from actual users, which is why this thread is so valuable.

Hey Steve, Do you have a video on your paperclip/charging handle mod?

posted Hide Post
quote:

The Gen 1 mags work fine in a Gen 2 MPX. I haven't tried a Gen 2 mag in a Gen 1 MPX yet.

Posts: 13 | Registered: August 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a positive step forward, thanks for the help.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
In the video I posted he said was using a griffin suppressor vs the tirant

"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." Winston Churchill

Posts: 10545 | Location: Mouseville, FL | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

I believe he is using an Octane 9 (1:29 mark) and Griffin Revolution 9 (2:06 mark). I had asked him a couple weeks ago if he could switch them on the guns to see if that made a difference but never heard back....

posted Hide Post
I took the MPX gen II out for its maiden range trip today. I ran great, except feeding problems when I filled the magazine with Blazer Brass. The magazine needs to be broken in. http://onedrive.live.com/embe...hkey=AJiWQLn2zPPMDWA

Posts: 3 | Registered: October 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I believe he is using an Octane 9 (1:29 mark) and Griffin Revolution 9 (2:06 mark). I had asked him a couple weeks ago if he could switch them on the guns to see if that made a difference but never heard back....

I meant between the two different videos

Video one MPX - griffin

Video two MPX - Tirant9

"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." Winston Churchill

Posts: 10545 | Location: Mouseville, FL | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I meant between the two different videos

Video one MPX - griffin

Video two MPX - Tirant9

Understood. Thanks for the clarification.

posted Hide Post
Liberty has introduced a modular can rated up to 45ACP and beyond. I wonder how this would work on the end of a 9mm MPX vis-a-vis blowback with the larger bore and volume? Not a 9mm sub-gun specific can but something that might offer more utility.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.c...liberber-suppressor/

Posts: 55 | Location: Gunshine State - Connecticut No More | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New user video on his MPX (no shooting).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njQSDYvQV5g

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ctsheepdog:
Liberty has introduced a modular can rated up to 45ACP and beyond. I wonder how this would work on the end of a 9mm MPX vis-a-vis blowback with the larger bore and volume? Not a 9mm sub-gun specific can but something that might offer more utility.

I asked Liberty about 9mm performance and their response was:

"It is about 5 dB louder on 9mm. We are running in the lower 130s with it in 9mm on the host weapons we have here. The Mystic X runs in the upper 120's with the same weapon platforms."

I did not ask about backpressure but I assume it will be lower with the larger aperture and the monocore looks a lot less restrictive that the Mystic cores.

Posts: 107 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: June 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glocke12:
quote:
there new GEN2 Brochure only list the MPX as 9mm.
http://www.sigevolution.com/_i...SIG-MPX-Brochure.pdf

geez..nothing like making things more murky than they already are

No kidding.

It appears I have a Gen1, but I've also got the ambi charging handle.

I just received by 3 pack of mags and all are the original design/shorter feed lips.

Over 500 rounds and not an issue to report.

Joe

Oath Keeper

Posts: 2070 | Location: SATX | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post