SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
Originally posted by WildBillHickok:
quote:
I can confirm that the first 500 units of MPXs began shipping today.

I do now know what percentage of them are what configuration. My guess would be most if not all are MPX w/ SBX.

Any idea where they are going? Are any going to the pro shop? Did Cabelas get them all? Etc...

Do not know where they are going. SIG does not have an exclusive deal on the MPX as they did with the MCX & Cabelas.

So the only way to get an MCX is through Cabelas? Or did their exclusive only cover the first shipment?

Posts: 57 | Registered: March 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmer_5:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WildBillHickok:
quote:
I can confirm that the first 500 units of MPXs began shipping today.

I do now know what percentage of them are what configuration. My guess would be most if not all are MPX w/ SBX.

Any idea where they are going? Are any going to the pro shop? Did Cabelas get them all? Etc...

Do not know where they are going. SIG does not have an exclusive deal on the MPX as they did with the MCX & Cabelas.

So the only way to get an MCX is through Cabelas? Or did their exclusive only cover the first shipment?

I think that's an accurate statement, but my only evidence is that they are still not available through the pro shop, and when I brought my MCX pistol in for service it was the first MCX they had seen. Since someone will probably ask why I brought it in for service it was because of a failure to feed problem. They were going to rebuild the gas piston, or I could wait a few weeks and have a gen 2 gas system installed, so that is the route I'm going. They also said I can send in my .300 barrel for the upgrade too, though I haven't shot it yet to know if there is an issue, but might as well upgrade it anyway.

Posts: 29 | Location: Raymond, NH | Registered: March 27, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So the MCX was just released and they already have upgrades because of reliability issues? That doesn't sound good at all.

Posts: 162 | Location: WA State | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tpd312:
So the MCX was just released and they already have upgrades because of reliability issues? That doesn't sound good at all.

While I can't speak to WildBill's specific issue there are two different types of MCX gas system.

SIG does not consider them "upgrades" relative to each other, but may become a point on which the market makes its own judgement.

The MCX will be manufactured both with a self-regulating gas piston and with a two-position selectable gas piston. These will be two different SKUs. The assemblies will be interchangable in that if you start with one you can buy the other barrel/piston set and replace the entire assembly.

SIG found that military end-uses preferred the two-position selectable gas piston system, whereas some civilians preferred the self-adjusting system. It may just boil down to a manual-vs-automatic transmission thing. But given my conversation, I suspect the two-position will be the rarer of the two configurations and potentially more desirable, if only to real aficionados of the platform.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will the MPX have the same set up or self-regulating only?

Posts: 162 | Location: WA State | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will the MPX have the same set up or self-regulating only?

Self regulating only.

posted Hide Post
Cool, thanks for the info LDD. Also, you know when the retractable stock will be available as an accessory? As soon as I can buy my pistol, will get the form 1 going.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cool, thanks for the info LDD. Also, you know when the retractable stock will be available as an accessory? As soon as I can buy my pistol, will get the form 1 going.

If you're referring to the A3 style slider, it should be available now.

If you're referring to the folding slider (which was supposedly at Range Day in January, but I don't remember seeing it), I don't know.

posted Hide Post
Yes the slider. I just order it through Sig or distributer?

posted Hide Post
Well with the good news of the MPX finally being shipped, I'm going to get back to calling Cabela's on inventory status.

Posts: 20 | Location: Ocean City, MD | Registered: July 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes the slider. I just order it through Sig or distributer?

Fastest way would probably be through SIG's CS.

It's a fairly new product, I don't know if it would have filtered all the way through the supply chain yet.

posted Hide Post
Thanks LDD,

Just got off the phone with them and only thing available is magazines. They said retractable stock will be out sometime end of summer time frame.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks LDD,

Just got off the phone with them and only thing available is magazines. They said retractable stock will be out sometime end of summer time frame.

They didn't show up at the pro shop today. Hopefully tomorrow Smile , though the guys at the pro shop didn't even know any shipped on Friday.

Posts: 29 | Location: Raymond, NH | Registered: March 27, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to Sig Sauer CS today, the MPX has not shipped yet.

posted Hide Post
I'm as excited as anyone for these to ship. Shoot, I've already got one Pistol w/brace and one SBR on order with my dealer. I'll admit, I've been on the edge of my seat since the "announcement" the other day.

In the meantime, maybe I'll pickup a CZ Scorpion to hold me over

Posts: 29 | Location: PA | Registered: October 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
Did you ask how much were the mags?

quote:
Thanks LDD,

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazes me that a Sig Sauer CS rep can't give you an accurate answer. Oh well, at least they are finally here.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ergoproxy:
Did you ask how much were the mags?

quote:
Thanks LDD,

I did not, but I had some on order last year but since cancelled the order and they were around $59.00 a piece.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Those of you following this thread, please take note of what's been deleted from the last page and act accordingly. We're not going to sit here and comment on current auctions, gentlemen. That's not the purpose of this thread.

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig made official what we all knew, with the addition that the SBR's are available.

http://www.guns.com/2015/04/08...px-9mm-now-shipping/

https://www.facebook.com/SIGSA.../10153220833232603:0