SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I used a lot of heat and even more profanity and then it finally came off.

Posts: 12 | Registered: July 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nreno88:

And then he remembered to twist in the proper direction! Razz

Posts: 106 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rangerone:
What did you do to remove the flash hider? I am not looking forward to that process.

Some have reported to have soaked it in hot water for 2 to 24 hours (by that time, it no longer hot water) to help break up the Rocksett so it would be easier to wrench off.

If the flash hider will not come off with about 20ft-lbs of force, then assume it is mounted with Rocksett.
Process:
1. Soak in hot water until water reaches room temp. Try to remove flash hider, if no luck then step 2.
2. Apply heat from a heat gun set to 600F. During heat gun treatment you will start to see a little smoke, that is the Rocksett breaking down, then attempt removal - should start to turn with some resistance then unscrews easily. For MPX, REMEMBER its a LH mount (righty-tighty; lefty-loosie does not work). Wear gloves, the barrel will be HOT.
3. Clean the barrel treads of any residue and mount your new muzzle device.

Posts: 39 | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. With a 4.5" barrel, not much room on barrel to grab or mount into a vise (block) to hold, only leaves the gas block area for holding.

I will try with wrench and hand, then try soaking to "loosen" the possible Rocksett and as last resort, application of heat gun to further break down the bonds. Will use liberal amounts of words at each step in the process Mad

Posts: 25 | Registered: September 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
Just announced, coming soon (4-6 weeks)

MPX/MCX Radian Raptor/AXTS Charging Handle

Posts: 133 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cntrl23:
Just announced, coming soon (4-6 weeks)

MPX/MCX Radian Raptor/AXTS Charging Handle

I do plan on getting an MCX, but...

Till the day I die, I will never give RADIAN/AXTS one cent of my money.

Posts: 16975 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JJexp:
quote:
Originally posted by nreno88:

And then he remembered to twist in the proper direction! Razz

Well played good sir. I did go about 2 minutes thinking righty tighty and then about 28 lefty tighty.

Posts: 12 | Registered: July 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:

I do plan on getting an MCX, but...

Till the day I die, I will never give RADIAN/AXTS one cent of my money.

Can you tell us why? I really like the Raptor charging handle on my 516 and would buy one for my MPX. The OEM charging handle on my MPX is crappy enough I thought about making some of my own if nobody else did soon.

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.

-Vince Lombardi

Posts: 2138 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
Finally SBR’d!

Here is the mod list:
Trijicon MRO
Scalarworks co-witness MRO mount
Silencerco ASR 9mm flash hider
Silencerco Hybrid suppressor w/ASR mount & 9mm endcap
Sig KeyMod front hand stop
BCM KAG KeyMod rear hand stop
Geissele SSA trigger (purchased when they still supported it for MPX)
Magpul MOE-K2+ grip
Factory Sig telescoping stock
Engraved by Tarheel State Firearms (excellent work and turnaround time)

How do you like the hybrid?
I' am looking at suppressors for my MPX.

What are the rest of you using and how do you like it. Looking for low Db and some other calibers.

Posts: 1061 | Location: western, Washington | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just purchased an Omega 9k....now the waiting begins. Maybe by the end of the year.

Shooter are you ready!.....................Standby!.......

Posts: 36 | Registered: June 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
I started with a Gemtech Multimount, decent can, but that puppy is long. I now have a pair of Griffin Revo9 cans. Great cans, in the standard config, as quiet as the Multimount, but. Around shorter. I positively love them in K configuration. Their threading and adaptors are comparable with SiCo cans. Since they are convertible, if you are uncertain if a K can will be too loud, you can easily revert, without wasting the cost of a stamp. Recommended.

Posts: 642 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Heads up - PSA has 20-round mags on clearance for $24.99.

I bought two - wish I had more funds to buy a couple more at this price!!

http://palmettostatearmory.com...mag-mpx-9-20-km.html

☣Biohazard☣

Posts: 6408 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
Heads up - PSA has 20-round mags on clearance for $24.99.

I bought two - wish I had more funds to buy a couple more at this price!!

http://palmettostatearmory.com...mag-mpx-9-20-km.html

Thanks! Just picked two up as well... although the 4 with free shipping was very tempting! Big Grin

Posts: 133 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
Can you tell us why? I really like the Raptor charging handle on my 516 and would buy one for my MPX. The OEM charging handle on my MPX is crappy enough I thought about making some of my own if nobody else did soon.

Email sent.

Posts: 16975 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bearstarr:
What are the rest of you using and how do you like it. Looking for low Db and some other calibers.

I am using an AAC Ti-Rant .45 with good effect. It is very quiet, reasonably light, and does not seem to affect point of impact up to about 25 yds. It gets super dirty and gritty, and is quite long. I am direct threading it to the MPX, at least for now. I got the can because it is well-reviewed and rated for .300 BO subs, too.

When life gives you lemons, put them in the freezer for a few hours, and throw them back, 'cause they're like rocks, man.

Posts: 95 | Location: Waterloo, IA | Registered: February 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmlasley:
quote:

I am using an AAC Ti-Rant .45 with good effect. It is very quiet, reasonably light, and does not seem to affect point of impact up to about 25 yds. It gets super dirty and gritty, and is quite long. I am direct threading it to the MPX, at least for now. I got the can because it is well-reviewed and rated for .300 BO subs, too.

I am also using the AAC Ti-Rant .45, except my Ti-Rant is the "short" version - about 2" shorter and 2oz lighter. The Ti-Rant 45S wet is as quiet (db) as the Ti-Rant 45 dry.

Posts: 39 | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
quote:

How do you like the hybrid?
I' am looking at suppressors for my MPX.

I like it very much. It's much bigger than a dedicated 9mm pistol can but it actually feels lighter than it looks thanks to the titanium tube.

It's very quiet shooting 158 grain subsonic 9mm. The thud from the rounds smacking the dirt berm are the loudest part of shooting it. I don't have a dB meter but I don't see how a smaller 9mm pistol can could be quieter than this. I have several cans and the only thing I have quieter is .22LR shooting subs. I also have no gas blowback and everything cycles perfectly.

A friend has an MCX, he's getting a 300BO barrel and a can. I'm curious to compare them side by side to see which sounds better.

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.

-Vince Lombardi

Posts: 2138 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am looking for the shortest CAN available to keep overall length as short as possible.
Quiet (dB), cost, and weight are secondary to me.
Still need it to tuck inside the stock handguard using a 4.5” barrel.
I’m looking at the Sig SRD9. It is 7.2’’ long. Who has one shorter than this?
Is anybody running one on their MPX now and how do you like it?

Posts: 14 | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I got the Lancer Carbon Fiber handguard. The weight reduction isnt really that noticeable on the 4" version, but i like it so far. Feels great, sturdy, and looks awesome.

☣Biohazard☣

Posts: 6408 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gino d:
I am looking for the shortest CAN available to keep overall length as short as possible.
Quiet (dB), cost, and weight are secondary to me.
Still need it to tuck inside the stock handguard using a 4.5” barrel.
I’m looking at the Sig SRD9. It is 7.2’’ long. Who has one shorter than this?
Is anybody running one on their MPX now and how do you like it?

The omega 9k is pretty short. Isnt it less than 5"? I dunno if it would fit under the handguard though.

☣Biohazard☣