SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Man, that short package is BADASS! I couldn't have waited 400+ days for anything so kudos to you for your persistence and determination. It sure paid off. I saw one similar to yours painted or hydro dipped with Flecktern camo pattern that really looked me. Nice job.

Posts: 4637 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
Just saw this on another forum, looks like a great alternative to the plastic Sig Foregrip/Handstop.

A3 Tactical Aluminum Vertical Grip with Integrated Hand Stop

Posts: 135 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cntrl23:
Just saw this on another forum, looks like a great alternative to the plastic Sig Foregrip/Handstop.

A3 Tactical Aluminum Vertical Grip with Integrated Hand Stop

Just went to purchase one and they want 10 bucks for shipping, which seems steep for something that weighs 4.5 ounces and can be thrown in a padded envelope. I had intended on emailing them, but their "contact us" link does nothing. Oh well

Posts: 324 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A USPS small "flat rate box" shipping is $7.15 & the box is free.

Posts: 37 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Registered: February 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's nice! I'm thinking about the YHM Keymod vertical grip

http://www.opticsplanet.com/ya...torage-yhm-9540.html

Posts: 23 | Registered: March 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok - so I picked up a MPX pistol 8" and ordered a SB-Tactical brace (two to three weeks backordered), also a Romeo5 red dot.

At the range yesterday, it ran great with the Gen 2 mags...major problems with the Gen 1 mags I picked up so I am letting them sit stuffed with 30rds for a while.

Really want to put a vertical grip on it, but I am still not clear on the vertical grip making it AOW?

The MPX should have its own section with various topics IMO...my eyes are bleeding from reading or trying to read this whole thread..........

Shooter are you ready!.....................Standby!.......

Posts: 47 | Registered: June 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea.. u can get away with a flater style "hand stop" but a vertical grip on a pistol will make it a AOW. 5 bucks and a 6 month wait for tax stamp. Might as well make it a SBR and get the grip and a real stock for all the hassel it would be for just the grip.

Guy
Titleiiarms
Dilliner, PA

Posts: 25 | Registered: May 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guy, nice store you have there and some great products.

What is causing me some confusion on this as an example is the case US v. Fix and some other cases that seemed to muddy the water for me.

http://www.boiseshooters.com/index.php?topic=14257.0

with a rifled bore is not a AOW as I read it also.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/f...-act-definitions-any

posted Hide Post
Yea, Stuff all over the place. And all over the internet.. I go by this document. You see many MPX, EVO style pistols sold with "hand protectors" on the rails but you don't see them come with vertical grips. So when is a forward stop too high and its a vertical grip ? Beats me Smile

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/d...l-fore-grip-handgun/

"ATF has long held that by installing a vertical fore grip on a handgun, the handgun is no longer designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand. Therefore, if individuals install a vertical fore grip on a handgun, they are “making” a firearm requiring registration with ATF’s NFA Branch. Making an unregistered “AOW” is punishable by a fine and 10 years’
imprisonment. Additionally, possession of an unregistered “AOW” is also punishable by fine and 10 years’ imprisonment. "

Guy
Titleiiarms
Dilliner, PA

posted Hide Post
Well who needs a vertical grip anyhow! No problem with 10 years, but I am not paying any dam fine Razz

Thank you Guy for posting that, I had not seen that open letter before.

posted Hide Post
After checking into the barrels offered by "In Lead We Trust", I cancelled my order with Sig and bought the one from "In Lead We Trust" last week. The price difference was well worth it. $480.00 vs. $377,83 and you don't even get a gas block from Sig!!. Thanks for the tip on this post. Thank God I cancelled in time. The only question I have is why they are charging tax? They are not located in my state.

Posts: 14 | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe someone will challenge the ATF on the vertical grip open letter and win just like SB Tactical did on the brace redesigning pistol into an SBR.

Wow - congrats and thanks to SB Tactical....

Picture of dwd1985
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gino d:
$480.00 vs. $377,83 and you don't even get a gas block from Sig!!.

When I was still looking into purchasing a 4" barrel (decided to simply have mine chopped) Sig told me that it DID come with a gas block. I thought that made sense considering they were about to charge me $500 for a 4" piece of steel with a hole in it. I'm curious when the first barrels start shipping from sig if they will have gas blocks or not.

Posts: 3259 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe someone will challenge the ATF on the vertical grip open letter and win just like SB Tactical did on the brace redesigning pistol into an SBR.

Wow - congrats and thanks to SB Tactical....

Im not really sure that it was such a big win. So if u use a "Brace" against your shoulder once, its no longer the ATFs position that u now made a NFA item but its STILL against the law to shoulder it. What have we gained ??? All it does is say they have no way of proving the brace was ever shouldered and therefore can't say the gun is now a NFA item forever. One muddy letter is now two muddy letters that are still useless.

Guy
Titleiiarms
Dilliner, PA

posted Hide Post
I am trying to find an actual copy of the letter and I think we are up to three on this.

Ok - splains some of it here:

https://www.nraila.org/article...n-stabilizing-braces

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Makes me wonder if the shockwave brace will be under attack soon then since it doesnt have the straps and all.

Its all still clear as mud. Jeez.

I still want an SB Tactical for my MPX. Where are yall buyin them? Everywhere is backordered or out of stock.

☣Biohazard☣

Posts: 6574 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
Makes me wonder if the shockwave brace will be under attack soon then since it doesnt have the straps and all.

I still want an SB Tactical for my MPX. Where are yall buyin them? Everywhere is backordered or out of stock.

I got mine off the SBT website - I signed up for in-stock-notices and was able to get one ordered during the short period that thye had them.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 687 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received my 4.5" MPX barrel from Sig and it did come with a gas block and flash hider attached, ready for install

Posts: 28 | Registered: September 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dwd1985
posted Hide Post
quote:

Currently in stock here: http://vizardsgunsandammo.com/...b-mpx-psb-3-pos-blk/

Posts: 3259 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Well and Keep Your Rifle Clean
Picture of mrmn50
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
quote:

Currently in stock here: http://vizardsgunsandammo.com/...b-mpx-psb-3-pos-blk/

I think that there are some for sale in the classifieds. It might be worth a few minutes to check.
Good luck.

"..AGAINST ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC,...SO HELP ME GOD."

Posts: 20897 | Location: Czechtown,Minnesota | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post