SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Picture of Smokey99
posted Hide Post
I'm running 1265 fps. With Gen II mags it runs everything. 147 gr (1.167 COL) at 800 fps also.

"Son, always take your paper to the woods" - my dad
NRA Endowment Life Member
IDPA & Bullseye Shooter

Posts: 298 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
Finally received my 4.5" MPX K handguard yesterday! Luckily it came pretty quickly...only had to wait 439 days from when I placed the order. Big Grin

I have a 4" barrel, cut and rethreaded by ADCO in January 2016, and TROS USA 3-Lug. I use a SilencerCo Octane 45 HD with Griffin 3-lug connection. I picked up an extra MPX front sight for the 4.5" handguard last year, so I can quickly swap between the two setups. The 4.5" handguard also has the Sig foregrip/hand stop installed. All I can say is WOW is the MPX tiny with the 4.5" handguard and a 20rd mag. Pictures just don't do it justice. Can't wait to get it out to the range!

Here is my MPX with the 4.5" handguard vs 8" handguard;

And the 4.5" vs 8" w/suppressor;

Sig item numbers:

Posts: 115 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweet! I just got my K handguard too. This gun fits PERFECT in my Crye AVS 1000 pack I bought just for this setup! The cool thing about the pack is you can put a armor plate in it too.

Posts: 23 | Registered: March 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I like that pack, fits that setup perfectly.

I also had the folding stock in the safe, never preferred it much with the 8" setup w/suppressor. So it mostly sat, swapped it out here and there. However, man does it make the K configuration TINY. When it's folded, it's just so compact.

Compared to a 9.7" iPad;

Posts: 115 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, with the folder vs the telescopic that's got to take another 2-3" off OAL? I might have to look into that setup too.

I'm still not convinced the plastic Sig vertical grip is durable and that might be the first thing I have to switch out.

Posts: 23 | Registered: March 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That front grip is such garbage.
I bought one - and was VERY disappointed in pretty much everything about it.
It's made of flimsy plastic - not a nice sturdy polymer.
It's too damn short - I end up with 2 fingers hanging off the bottom.

Posts: 413 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Great looking setups guys, such a compact little gun with the 4" barrel.

I heard the Sig grip was cheap too so ended up trying to the BCM KAG hand stop and so far I really like it.

I am also currently trying out the KM side folder since it saves 2-3" of OAL compared with the telescoping stock. I found that mine fits perfectly in the Hazard 4 Rocket pack with the side folder. With the telescoping stock it was too long. This Hazard 4 seems like a great pack for the MPX if you don't mind the tacticool look.

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.

-Vince Lombardi

Posts: 2038 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g8rbreath:
Wow, with the folder vs the telescopic that's got to take another 2-3" off OAL? I might have to look into that setup too.

I'm still not convinced the plastic Sig vertical grip is durable and that might be the first thing I have to switch out.

Yeah, looks like the folder comes in at 13" OAL, and the collapsible is just over 16.25" OAL. Like I mentioned, with the bigger MPX setup I preferred the collapsible...but the folder on the K is something else! Big Grin

I agree with you and creslin about the Sig vertical grip, not super impressed with it. I like the form factor of it with the small setup, but it sure doesn't feel all that solid. Not a lot of room on this small rail though, that will likely narrow down the options for a replacement if you're looking to install and hand stop and vertical grip.

Brett B:
Thanks! You've got a nice looking setup as well. I recently picked up the BCM KAG for my 8" .300 blk SBR, I really like it. Minimal, solid, and great design.

Telling cops where to go for over 20 years
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
WooHoo! I've officially joined the club. Just took delivery on my Gen 2 MPX.

Thanks to spaladin226 for a great deal and fast service!

"Where MY free shit?!"

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 7245 | Location: Just stumbling through, trying to avoid a premature banjackulation of my own doing... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just picked up my gen 2 tonight as well. I'm looking forward to trying it out soon.

Posts: 1495 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telling cops where to go for over 20 years
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Had a chance to function test at the indoor range, only had time for 50 rounds but it was smooth as silk and seems pretty damn accurate as well.

Can't wait to get a brace on it and get it sighted in proper.

"Where MY free shit?!"

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 7245 | Location: Just stumbling through, trying to avoid a premature banjackulation of my own doing... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACClauhs
posted Hide Post
Took mine out of the the safe and discovered that the charging handle was broken on the left side. 15 minute phone call during peak hours to customer service resolved that issue and I'll have the next part in a week. Little bother that it broke with under 2k rounds but I'll take a free replacement. Tried without success to get some extra spare parts but got a promise that if my firing pin spring breaks that they'll send me a whole new bolt carried assembly under warranty. Feels good that they'll back defects but I don't want to be out of service for a week or two when something goes.

Posts: 349 | Location: PA | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put about 150 rounds through it with my youngest daughter today. Very soft shooting and accurate, but definitely a pain in the ass to clean. Much more work than my scorpion was. Cool weapon though, I'm very happy with it.

Posts: 1495 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
Picture of PorterN
posted Hide Post
Someone locally was selling a 4" hand guard. gen 1. I picked it up. Now to decide whether or not to chop and thread the barrel or buy a replacement.

I saw these "In Lead We Trust" guys online, and wondered if anyone has had any dealings with them and their products? They have 4 gen 2 MPX 4" barrel&gas block set ups "in-stock" right now and it's tempting as hell. although, I heard that perhaps the SIG ones are available now, too?

https://in-lead-we-trust.mysho...x-barrels-w-gasblock

☣Biohazard☣

Posts: 6166 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered one of their gen 1 barrels with gas block two months ago. There have been some delays, but Rob has been straight up in communicating those. I expect it to ship in the next week or two.

Here is a review of their gen 2 barrel, before they started making them with the gas block included.

Posts: 39 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received a call from SIG customer service. They were trying to confirm some billing information. The item in question....... Factory sig 4in barrel. I am pretty excited minus the cost of the barrel.

Posts: 9 | Registered: July 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, once again the 1G guys have suffered while the Gen 2 barrels/blocks have ben shipping steadily for three weeks now. Gen 1 stuff WILL be shipping by end of next week and Gen 2 Barrels will continue to ship weekly. Last week we shipped 182 of the Gen 2 Barrels out Smile
quote:
Originally posted by }BuLL:
I ordered one of their gen 1 barrels with gas block two months ago. There have been some delays, but Rob has been straight up in communicating those. I expect it to ship in the next week or two.

Here is a review of their gen 2 barrel, before they started making them with the gas block included.

Posts: 28 | Location: Missouri | Registered: January 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
Picture of PorterN
posted Hide Post
Oh, nice! Im glad i ordered one when i saw it in-stock then! I am way excited.

☣Biohazard☣

Posts: 6166 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Man, that short package is BADASS! I couldn't have waited 400+ days for anything so kudos to you for your persistence and determination. It sure paid off. I saw one similar to yours painted or hydro dipped with Flecktern camo pattern that really looked me. Nice job.

Posts: 4293 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
Just saw this on another forum, looks like a great alternative to the plastic Sig Foregrip/Handstop.

A3 Tactical Aluminum Vertical Grip with Integrated Hand Stop