SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slipjett:
quote:
Originally posted by johntsi:
What can is that slipjett?

That can is the Gemtech Multimount, here it is with an AAC Ti-Rant 9

...and here with a Liberty Infiniti

All using 3 lug adapters

Which of the 3 suppressors do you like the best on the MPX?

Posts: 13 | Registered: August 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:
That thing looks... odd. I wonder what's the purpose of it being like that? Long and cagey

It's not winning any beauty contests Wink

Granted, I think all the carbines look weird when compared to the pistol/sbr.

I like the hider, but what I think is strange is Sig making the rail so long. I'm wondering it is something they came up with after fighting with the ATF over SBR barrel length.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1164 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by immawake:

The Infiniti, but not because the suppression, I just feel like I can abuse it more. Also have an Octane, but for sound, I like the Ti-Rant.

Posts: 45 | Registered: February 27, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Drew816:
Can I order different sized hand guards directly from Sig? If so, any idea on the costs?

I suspect most people that cut their barrels are having the hand guards cut at the same time but I thought I'd ask...

Just talked to Ryan last week at SIG and he said handguards weren't available to order just yet. I cut my barrel to 4.5" and kept the handguards the same length, so shooting suppressed is my only option.

That weapon looks fantastic. I was debating doing the same, keeping the hand guard the original length while the barrel gets cut down and to 1/2x28.

What scope and QR base do you have on there? Thanks!

==================================

Posts: 476 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

That weapon looks fantastic. I was debating doing the same, keeping the hand guard the original length while the barrel gets cut down and to 1/2x28.

What scope and QR base do you have on there? Thanks!

Thanks, everyone that has shot it loves it. That is an Aimpoint T1 4MOA in a KAC mount, but it got put on a KAC 11.5" Mod 2. Waiting on a Trijicon MRO with an ADM mount to arrive for its new set up.

Posts: 45 | Registered: February 27, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ftttu:
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
quote:
That thing looks... odd. I wonder what's the purpose of it being like that? Long and cagey

It's not winning any beauty contests Wink

Granted, I think all the carbines look weird when compared to the pistol/sbr.

I like the hider, but what I think is strange is Sig making the rail so long. I'm wondering it is something they came up with after fighting with the ATF over SBR barrel length.

Hey ftttu - thanks for the photos - I also like the new flash hider - it does not have the open fork ready to snag on something - and it eliminates the ringing!

I am not sure why SIG made the carbine handguard so long, but I immediately swapped out a pistol handguard and the gun now has much better balance this way. The shorter handguard with all accessories is also the same weight as the longer one with nothing mounted - and I think it looks as good as any pistol or SBR - I just want to get rid of the pitchfork at the end!

Posts: 50 | Registered: November 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
snip!

Hey ftttu - thanks for the photos - I also like the new flash hider - it does not have the open fork ready to snag on something - and it eliminates the ringing!

I am not sure why SIG made the carbine handguard so long, but I immediately swapped out a pistol handguard and the gun now has much better balance this way. The shorter handguard with all accessories is also the same weight as the longer one with nothing mounted - and I think it looks as good as any pistol or SBR - I just want to get rid of the pitchfork at the end!

------------------------------------

Another fine looking setup, makes me wonder why SIG went with a longer/heavier hand guard with the C model.

How is that Sightmark working out on the MPX? Are you getting a 1/3rd co-witness w/ the iron sights?

Thanks!

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The Infiniti, but not because the suppression, I just feel like I can abuse it more. Also have an Octane, but for sound, I like the Ti-Rant.

Thanks. I'm waiting on a Mystic X and an Octane 9 to be released from jail.

Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
I had by barrel cut to 4" with 1/2x28 threads and then used Rocksett to attach a TROS USA 3-Lug. I run my SilencerCo Octane 45 HD, and could not be happier.

I ordered a 4.5" K hand guard and a Sig foregrip with hand stop at the end of January, that way I can switch the MPX into the K configuration and fire it without a suppressor as well. I included a screenshot of my order confirmation with the part info.

Since I know Sig isn't good with product release timelines, I recently started looking into barrel extensions as another alternative for firing without a suppressor. I came across this TitleIIArms twist lock 3-lug barrel extension that doubles as a "fake suppressor." They have a lot of different option as far as length and attachment options. Thought I would pass it along anyhow.

Of course, I plan to shoot the majority of the time with my suppressor...but I find myself helpless to my new found MPX accessory addiction! Big Grin

http://www.titleiiarms.com/Twist_Lock_6_or_8_in.html

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thanks. I'm waiting on a Mystic X and an Octane 9 to be released from jail.

Once my HTA Guardian 9mm arrived at my dealer, it only took BATFE/NFA 4.5 months to process. But this project started almost 13 months ago. Different type of firearm but I think people will enjoy, '91 Israeli Police Desert Practical and my '71 T Euro T-Series, both with Bar-Sto barrels. The intention here is that I'll use this can on my MPX as well, this was just the first stage of my suppressor multi-use campaign...

posted Hide Post
quote:
snip!

------------------------------------

Another fine looking setup, makes me wonder why SIG went with a longer/heavier hand guard with the C model.

How is that Sightmark working out on the MPX? Are you getting a 1/3rd co-witness w/ the iron sights?

Thanks!

Hey Drew - This is the SightMark Ultra Shot M-Spec - I got it from an Ebay dealer for $175.00. After slapping it on the rail, I only had to adjust one windage click and it was dead on with "absolute" co-witness! Because the sight window is rectangular, the irons sight-in not quite in the center and not in the lower 1/3, but there is plenty of window above the irons to raise your eye and acquire the target with the red dot unobstructed by the irons. I prefer shooting with the iron sights always deployed and this sight was an extremely nice solution for the price! It even has 6 day and night settings, and the quick detach mount is dead-on every time I take it off and put back on. Great quality for the price! Thanks for asking!

Posts: 50 | Registered: November 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guys, first post, just want to say great forum! I've learned a lot from everyone and thought I'd contribute back.

The 4.5" MPX-K keymod handguard is available for pre-order at Sig now $129 HGRD-MPX-K-AL

I bought mine 2 days ago along with the MPX vertical grip GRIP-HS-KEYMOD-BLK. Sig CS said the grip is in stock but couldn't give an estimate on when the 4.5" handguard will ship.

Another tip for y'all who still want to buy an MPX (or any other gun) in case you don't already know. I bought my Gen 1 from Hinterland for $1,209, put it on my Mastercard. Mastercard has price protection so I found the MPX at Centerfire guns for $1,065. I sent in all the required documentation for the price difference and MC cut me a check for the difference of $144. So even though the gun was out of stock at Centerfire, I essentially got it for $1,065. Try it out it works (only 4 times a year I think).

Posts: 23 | Registered: March 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
quote:
Originally posted by Cntrl23:

Just called Sig and put these on order as well. The rep told me that they weren't even making the 4" handguard yet, but it could be placed on order. Im guessing its going to be quite awhile, if they aren't yet in production.

Any word on when they would ship the vertical grips?

Posts: 18 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure the Sig rep I spoke with yesterday said the grip is available to ship now or very soon

Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g8rbreath:
Pretty sure the Sig rep I spoke with yesterday said the grip is available to ship now or very soon

They are available and in stock, have been since I placed my order in January...however...they are on some type of "hold" so that they don't ship until the rest of the K products are available. That's what I was told when a rep looked into it when I called to check the status a week ago.

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Cntrl23! On another note, AAC Triad Tirant 3 lug adapter is back in stock. Got one of these adapters for $199 at http://www.advanced-armament.c...silencers_p_671.html
and pairing it with 13.5x1LH 3 lug adapter from HKparts http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc...-SIG-MPX-5p17410.htm

will be using this setup with my Tirant 45S and 4.5" barrel I had cut locally here in WPB, Fla by Glen at Gator Gun and Archery. Post pics after I get my stamp, should be any day now...

Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
quote:
Guys, first post, just want to say great forum! I've learned a lot from everyone and thought I'd contribute back.

The 4.5" MPX-K keymod handguard is available for pre-order at Sig now $129 HGRD-MPX-K-AL

I bought mine 2 days ago along with the MPX vertical grip GRIP-HS-KEYMOD-BLK. Sig CS said the grip is in stock but couldn't give an estimate on when the 4.5" handguard will ship.

Another tip for y'all who still want to buy an MPX (or any other gun) in case you don't already know. I bought my Gen 1 from Hinterland for $1,209, put it on my Mastercard. Mastercard has price protection so I found the MPX at Centerfire guns for $1,065. I sent in all the required documentation for the price difference and MC cut me a check for the difference of $144. So even though the gun was out of stock at Centerfire, I essentially got it for $1,065. Try it out it works (only 4 times a year I think).

Great info all the way around!

Any idea if hand guards for the 8" barrel are for sale too? Odd question perhaps but I may have my original cut down and then later on buy an 8" for suppressor use.

Thanks!

Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Got my stamp in last week, sent my lower off to THSF to be engraved on Thursday and got it back today. Very impressed! They engraved my MCX and MPX inside the trigger guard and my SBS on the underside. I have always used Ident, but I will use THSF from now on. Much faster and half the price.

I also got my stock in this week, but I noticed that I received the Collapsible instead of the Tele that is specific for the MPX. I just got off the phone with SIG and the guy said the only difference is that mine will work on both the MCX and the MPX. Is that correct? I do wish I had another inch or two for LOP. Can't wait to get out and shoot it though Smile

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I also got my stock in this week, but I noticed that I received the Collapsible instead of the Tele that is specific for the MPX. I just got off the phone with SIG and the guy said the only difference is that mine will work on both the MCX and the MPX. Is that correct? I do wish I had another inch or two for LOP. Can't wait to get out and shoot it though Smile

They both have the same LOP.

Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
quote:

https://www.armslist.com/posts...removable-butt-stock
(LeMasters-Hudson Gunsmiths and Goldsmiths in Grand Rapids, MI)
The place I got mine(link above) a few weeks ago still shows the carbine for $1,490.00, which is what I paid. They sent it out next day, and I got it two days later.

If anyone knows of MPX pistols or carbines cheaper, I'd like to know.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1164 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post