SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
Will the keymod handguard from the Gen 2 fit on a Gen 1 upper?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
quote:
Originally posted by maddy345:

Yes

But I believe the gen2 has the scalloped pic rail on top while the gen1 has the standard pic rail.
So it might look a bit funny

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
quote:
Originally posted by maddy345:

Yes

But I believe the gen2 has the scalloped pic rail on top while the gen1 has the standard pic rail.
So it might look a bit funny

Correct on all counts.

Edited to add: Even though the current description for "HGRD-MPX-K-AL" doesn't include the word "Keymod" it is the Gen 2 keymod rail for the 4.5" bbl'd guns.

There never was and will be no production version of the 4" add-a-rail Gen 1 style handguard.

"HGRD-MPX-PDW-AL" is the 8" Keymod MPX handguard.

"HGRD-MPX-CARBINE-AL" is the 15" Keymod MPX handguard.

It's slightly confusing since the MCX line uses similar terminology, but they mean different things (i.e. the "PDW" is the shortest length, the "Carbine" is the middle size, and the "Rifle" length is the longest size).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LDD,

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are they gonna make gen1 handguards in the shorter length we can but so we are stuck with the wierd looking transition? I would like to keep the longer one and have one for the 4.5" barrel as well.

Posts: 36 | Registered: May 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
From what I was told, no intention of Gen1 handguards going forward. If you want the 4.5" handguard, it will be keymod with the scalloped top, however, it shouldn't pose too much of an issue since the 4.5" handguard barely extends past the upper of the MPX. A front sight mounted to it would cover this portion.

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's the part number and cost of that keymod vertical grip?

quote:
Originally posted by Cntrl23:
From what I was told, no intention of Gen1 handguards going forward. If you want the 4.5" handguard, it will be keymod with the scalloped top, however, it shouldn't pose too much of an issue since the 4.5" handguard barely extends past the upper of the MPX. A front sight mounted to it would cover this portion.

Posts: 18 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
The part is GRIP-HS-KEYMOD-BLK, I believe it was around $30.

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The part is GRIP-HS-KEYMOD-BLK, I believe it was around $30.

Thank you!

Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
I also came across this "Lima7" when browsing through SHOT show stuff last night. No idea on price or availability though. Supposedly going to be available with a red or green laser, powered by CR123. I wouldn't mind the same setup but with an LED light in the front instead of the laser.

posted Hide Post
That's pretty cool. I agree with the LED. It would be a more useful option for most of us.

Just ordered the other. He said it was in stock but there was a hold on it and it may go to back ordered status. We shall see.

Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by quicksilvergoat:
That's pretty cool. I agree with the LED. It would be a more useful option for most of us.

Just ordered the other. He said it was in stock but there was a hold on it and it may go to back ordered status. We shall see.

Yeah, the LED would be nice for most things indoors anyhow which would seem to suit the MPX well. Would be nice for those that don't want to load up the rails and keep it streamlined. They are coming out with some interesting stuff. Maybe in the future...

I ordered the other foregrip/hand stop as well as the 4.5" keymod handguard towards the end of January. Haven't seen anything yet, my guess is they are waiting until the K version starts rolling in March...time will tell.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Stop that crap, stop it stop it stop it, I've spent enough on this MPX arrrrggggh...

OK take my money, maybe

dang lasers only show how much I shake and wobble LOL, but... its cool, I'd like that, with an LED light on a pressure switch

Posts: 23414 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I also came across this "Lima7" when browsing through SHOT show stuff last night.

I've never met you sir, yet I feel that you've just spent ~$400 of my money.

Posts: 15 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That Lima7 looks great, makes sense to integrate a laser into the forward grip and handstop. Definitely going to order one once my eForm 1 is approved.

The new Sig red dots (Romeo4 & 7) look promising too, looks like they are starting to show up in retail channels.

I found a nice deal on a Trijicon MRO at Armsunlimited... they are matching Aimpoint Pro price of $424, and that's with a free cowitness mount and free shipping too. Picked one up this morning and it's already shipped, it should be a nice light optic for the MPX. If anyone else wants one give them a call, or order at the advertised price ($493) and put 'match aimpoint pro price $424, per Cathy' in the comment field at checkout - those were the instructions when I called.

Posts: 6 | Registered: February 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a SIG Romeo4A, and it is a very high quality scope. A big selling point for me was that it's motion activated, thereby the red dot is instant-on as soon as the weapon is picked up. Not having to fumble with an on switch is one less step needed to deliver the bullet quickly and accurately.

My box included both the taller co-witness and low profile mounts. This package from SIG offers a lot of bang for the buck.

$237 from impactguns.com... it's the best price out there by a big margin.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: armedjetflyer,

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: October 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armedjetflyer:
I have a SIG Romeo4A, and it is a very high quality scope. A big selling point for me was that it's motion activated, thereby the red dot is instant-on as soon as the weapon is picked up. Not having to fumble with an on switch is one less step needed to deliver the bullet quickly and accurately.

My box included both the taller co-witness and low profile mounts. This package from SIG offers a lot of bang for the buck.

Looks like it is $300 now...
http://www.impactguns.com/sig-...rp-798681545759.aspx

I read that Sig is using Holosun as the OEM for their Romeo red dots. Curious if they are the same as the Holosun/PA red dots in a different case or Sig had them make other changes to the design.

Posts: 6 | Registered: February 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ekovalsky:
quote:
Originally posted by armedjetflyer:

Looks like it is $300 now...
http://www.impactguns.com/sig-...rp-798681545759.aspx

I read that Sig is using Holosun as the OEM for their Romeo red dots. Curious if they are the same as the Holosun/PA red dots in a different case or Sig had them make other changes to the design.

I have the Holosun 515c on my mpx now. It is ok and similar to the Romeo4c. It does not have the MOTAC feature. It does come with a killflash built in which I am not sure the Romeo does or not. The battery compartment is identically side loading a CR2032 Flat battery. They both have the dual reticle option. It can be mounted with the riser or without. I assume the Romeo has the same QD riser mount included. I went with the Holosun to save a little money as it was slightly cheaper.

Posts: 17 | Registered: January 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ugh, that's disappointing for a company trying to instill confidence in their new optics lineup.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearedforacure:
Inquiring minds want to know...how's that SG2? Mines in jail right now...

I honestly haven't had much time to really put it through its paces yet, plus i also cut the barrel to 5" which adds the variables. With that said i did take a few shots in my backyard, which i live in a crowded subdivision and sounded great! No back pressure and about as quiet as I've heard for a 9mm.

Most interesting thing to note was the lack of frp especially considering it's monster monocore and large volume. I really expected it to be louder, even though TM's YouTube video they claim no significant frp.

I did shoot all 3 of my 9mm silencers (Rev 9k, Octane, SG-2) at an indoor range but i was also wearing plus and electric muffs, so worst possible environment. My buddy and i both thought the SG-2 sounded the best and ironically have us the best groups. Although we weren't exactly doing precision shooting.

Definitely happy with it, looking forward to a day at my friends property to really compare them.

Posts: 63 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: June 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cavscouttj:
quote:
Originally posted by CRASH_PRO:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by johntsi:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CRASH_PRO:
Of course i had to take it to the range right away to test it! Anyone remember earlier i was saying the Geissele SD-3G was working fine? not anymore... Even with the added back pressure of the silencers it was failing to reset about 1 out of 10 rounds with Lawman 147gr ammo. I switched to Fiocchi 158gr and it was about one every other magazine using my Revolution and Octane 9. I switched to the SG-2 and it seemed to be running find for another couple of mags (maybe i just got lucky? Maybe it's not silencer dependent?) and then it ran flawless for about 20 rds of low powered Emcon suppressor ammo (which is very quiet!). I was really surprised it was working with those loads and not the lawman as it's it's the hottest load of the bunch. That stuff is loud suppressed and sometimes goes super out of my 16" where none of the other 147gr i shoot will.

Before it was cut, it was VERY dirty and the action was sluggish but yet worked flawlessly with the SD-3G! After getting it back i cleaned and oiled it, and then i started having problems.

Not sure I follow. If the bolt fully cycles and picks up the next round, the hammer has to be cocked. If you are holding back on the trigger, and then let off, you should hear the click of the disconnector release the hammer to the sear, and then you should be ready to shoot. Where in this cycle are things going awry?

Reset is *you* letting off of the trigger so the disconnecter lets go of the hammer. So "failing to reset" is confusing. Saying a trigger is short reset, means you only let off a little for it to work.

Will it consistently lock the bolt open on an empty mag? This is the basic test related to gas port size and dwell time and such.

The issue mine is having with the s3g is the hammer is following the bolt back so the hammer is not reset. It loads the next round but the hammer is in the fired "not reset" position.

My S3G came with two trigger springs. You might try the other one. Other than that, call Geissele. They will take care of you.

He summed it up nicely. If you play with your mpx, the bolt has to go back really far too get the hammer to catch the disconnecter. It can eject and pick up a new round without "resetting".

Mine also came with 2 springs although i already have the lighter one installed. I don't see how a heavier one would help. Also per a post few pages back, Geissele doesn't recommend the 3 gun trigger for this very reason. I don't see how they could help unless they switch me trigger packs to the SSA-E.

I just tried with some dummy rounds to rack the bolt enough to eject and no more. Every time it cocked the hammer. I ask my original question again:

Will it consistently lock the bolt open on an empty mag? [This is the basic test related to gas port size and dwell time and such] 

If it has enough rearward movement to lock the bolt to the rear, I do not think its possible to NOT cock the hammer-- absent a disconnector issue. In any case I see no reason not to get the opinion of the manufacturer.

So it worked in yours but do you have a Geissele SD-3G trigger in it? If not, buy one and try again. I am able to eject a round and pick one up without the trigger resetting.

If i contact Sig they will tell me replace the factory trigger.

If i contact geissele they will tell me is a known issue and to use the SSA (this was discussed several pages ago)

I bought a bought a Hiperfire 24c, should arrive tomorrow. I will see if i get the same issue. I contacted Hiperfire and was told one person to date claimed to have issues with this setup. I'll find out for myself and if i do I'll drop it in an AR.

From other websites seems some are having luck with CMC triggers. I have one, they are OK. Would rather use something else but if this doesn't euro, that maybe next.

Posts: 63 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: June 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post