SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Does Mideast Export?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Does Mideast Export? Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted
Other than oil and terrorists.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dates. cotton. tavors. uzis. other stuff.

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Metals. Plastics. Cut diamonds. Textiles. Electronics. Pharmaceuticals. Fruit. Honey. Chemicals.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
dates. cotton. tavors. uzis. other stuff.
Precious metals. Diamonds. Textiles and clothing. Electronics. Pharmaceuticals.

That covers Israel, the rest of the ME is mostly oil or assholes. Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Palm,

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Persian rugs.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
A University of Washington prof is going to have a talk about everything that middle east immigrants have done for us but it's going to be in Olympia. I was going to go to overcome my various and sundry phobias but its an hour drive for what looks like a ten minute talk so I'm going to stay home and phobic.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Violence?
Religion?
Obviously, these two are somewhat related.

The Middle East has been the powder keg of the world long before the world became addicted to their oil exports. It's just that with oil money came expensive weaponry and the whole world got sucked into the violence. Without the oil money, they would still be fighting, but with sticks and swords.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23944 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:The Middle East has been the powder keg of the world long before the world became addicted to their oil exports.

It sure seems that way. They were fighting over some of the most worthless land in the world before they knew that it had any value.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Caracal pistol and rifles, maybe.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Turkey is usually considered as part of ME as well and it is a major economy in that region. Its exports are around $170B a year.

Posts: 1803 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Turkey is part of the ME and has a more rounded economy. They build ships, they're #14 in the world for # of automobiles built (right behind the UK), firearms, and construction camps.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
MERS.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
B-O

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Oil, palms, dates, ores, tech, things of a biblical nature and the occasional liberated goat?

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Not exactly the ME, but Kazakhstan is known for its high-quality potassium exports, and having the second cleanest prostitutes in the region.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
B-O

Oh, they got the market cornered on that.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Camel toes.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Not exactly the ME, but Kazakhstan is known for its high-quality potassium exports, and having the second cleanest prostitutes in the region.

Bon mot!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Oh man...I am laughing at a couple of these. Well done.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post