SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My house is built...Closed today March 5th. Video slideshow of the construction on page 8.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My house is built...Closed today March 5th. Video slideshow of the construction on page 8. Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Sweetness! It's looking great!!!

So, does the ex know about your new digs yet? Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Sweetness! It's looking great!!!

So, does the ex know about your new digs yet? Wink

LOL. She does not. I haven’t had any opportunity to mention it. Kids know and both said not to say anything or she’ll just get mad. They drive to see me anyhow.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
Some updated pics from today. Not a lot to show inside as they have heaters and fans going to dry the mud. I'm guessing a lot will be happening Monday. We are supposed to have appliances delivered to them on on the 15th, along with light fixtures etc.

The exterior...

Deck is basically done...

View off the deck (the real reason we bought this lot)...

View out the kitchen slider...

Kitchen

Kitchen and eat-in area

This is the view coming in from the garage. Basically you are in the mudroom, can see into the bathroom on the left and the eat in area of the kitchen straight ahead where the heater is.

A couple more views of that drain pipe, from the kitchen sink down to the outflow pipe to septic. Maybe the clean outs make more sense now? I think the questionable one in the post above isn't a clean-out so much as just a plug at the end of that pipe. You can also see where the basement is plumbed for future bath in the last pics.

XLT: I think the drain pipe placement makes more sense now that you can see the foundation. The foundation wasn't visible in the other picture. I'd have to frame around the drain pipe regardless because of the concrete. It was hard to see that in the other picture because it's a walkout basement and I didn't capture the foundation.

His sewer line installation is referred to what is called a hung sewer. Notice where the sewer exists the wall not the foundation floor (basement is lower grade than his sewer outfall grade). If bath/shower/sink and or toilet is installed an injector or grinder pump will be needed to get wastewater
to exit grade. Remember shit rolls down hill.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSgt USMC/Vet:

His sewer line installation is referred to what is called a hung sewer. Notice where the sewer exists the wall not the foundation floor (basement is lower grade than his sewer outfall grade). If bath/shower/sink and or toilet is installed an injector or grinder pump will be needed to get wastewater
to exit grade. Remember shit rolls down hill.

If you look closely at the last picture, under that bag of insulation is the tank for the ejector pump. We planned ahead for that. Septic is in front. Lot is sloped and has a walkout basement. Septic in front gives us space for future pool in back.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I find it remarkable that your house is being built faster than the repairs to my sons house in Panama City from Hurricane Michael (October 2018)!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Somehow, I just saw this thread for the first time. I'm also amazed at how fast it is going up! Looks like a great house.

quote:
Front of the house, you can see the propane line. It is very small for the amount of propane I think we need. I guess propane doesn't need as much as NG as far as supply line size? We will have water heater, propane range, propane heat and propane to the deck for the grill.

Propane has 2.5 times the energy content of natural gas and depending on your setup may be at significantly higher pressure than natural gas, as well. Both of those mean a smaller pipe for the same amount of energy coming into the house.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Well a lot going on but not a lot to show. The tile is almost done. I didn't get pictures (well I did but for some reason I'm having issues with uploading them).

Cabinets are delivered. Hardwood flooring and doors are all delivered and in the garage awaiting install. Walls have been primed.

Well pump is in...

Electric box and the Generac generator install started.

Cabinets are delivered, primer done on walls...

Fireplace mantle installed...

Keep in mind this is 2 days from my last visit. They tiled 3 bathrooms (shower tiling is started but only the waterproof orange stuff is up now). They primed the entire house. The cabinets and hardwood have all been delivered, along with doors and moldings. It's moving fast. I suspect a ton of progress this week.

These go to eleven.

Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
a good looking home on a very nice lot. congrats

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Just a couple updates.

Hardwood is down, cabinets are delivered, shower is almost done (still needs grout). Hardwood is Hickory. A few pics...

These go to eleven.

Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
if your right handed you might want your dishwasher to the right of your sink. your drawing shows it to the left.

are you doing both built in oven/microwave and a range/oven? if your doing oven/microwave built in,have you considered just a range top with cabinet space underneath? this gives a richer look to house than a slide in range/oven combo.

overall looks great and like others have said cant believe how fast its going up. I have been in the builder business and this one if going together quickly. looking forward to the finished product. you guys look like you did your homework and went with good long term upgrades and good working spaces.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rangeme101:
if your right handed you might want your dishwasher to the right of your sink. your drawing shows it to the left.

are you doing both built in oven/microwave and a range/oven? if your doing oven/microwave built in,have you considered just a range top with cabinet space underneath? this gives a richer look to house than a slide in range/oven combo.

overall looks great and like others have said cant believe how fast its going up. I have been in the builder business and this one if going together quickly. looking forward to the finished product. you guys look like you did your homework and went with good long term upgrades and good working spaces.

I hadn’t thought about the right handed thing. I just realized I’m right handed and my dishwashers have always been on the left. Oh well. At this point it’s too late to change. I’m used to it.

We have a full range and a combo microwave/oven. Too late to change that too but it’s what we want. Extra oven for parties. We like to entertain.

These go to eleven.

paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
A few more pics. Kitchen cabinets are in. Moulding is done around the house, stair treads and railings, etc.

These go to eleven.

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
This thread is so cool. I love your house and seeing it from beginning to end is really neat.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
This thread is so cool. I love your house and seeing it from beginning to end is really neat.

Thanks! We are getting excited. Things moving fast now. We are doing final inspection on the 22nd.

These go to eleven.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Thanks! We are getting excited. Things moving fast now. We are doing final inspection on the 22nd.

That's just plain nuts. I've seen a huge number of small additions or even large kitchens/remodels take longer than your entire house.

Hell one remodel I worked on was over 9 months. Granted it was featured in some highfalutin home design magazine and Washington Post writeup.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
quote:

That's just plain nuts. I've seen a huge number of small additions or even large kitchens/remodels take longer than your entire house.

Hell one remodel I worked on was over 9 months. Granted it was featured in some highfalutin home design magazine and Washington Post writeup.

Yeah these guys are fast. Painters were in today. They had already primed one coat. Now they are prepping and priming again. The utility pole went up today and electric was connected from the street.

These go to eleven.

paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Okay a few more pics. Things are moving fast. A few repetitive pics because I had a lot of the kitchen.

The island is enormous. These show the kitchen, some into the living from from the kitchen. Also a few of the smaller bathrooms. Paint and counters are in They started my range hood.

No particular order as I'm being lazy tonight. Scheduled home inspection on Friday. They say they will be done on Thursday.

Office

Master BR:

These go to eleven.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Just curious, why the dark cabinets under the island when the wall cabinets are white?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Just curious, why the dark cabinets under the island when the wall cabinets are white?

Probably because we just watch too much HGTV and it’s a common design element on there now. Big Grin

These go to eleven.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post