SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My house is built...Closed today March 5th. Video slideshow of the construction on page 8.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My house is built...Closed today March 5th. Video slideshow of the construction on page 8. Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I like the kitchen. There is nothing better than a large one with room to get around in and do some serious work. I'm also a big fan of a lot of pantry space and it appears you don't have one. You might regret that. Those cupboards will fill up in no time.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:

Judging by that outside sun (or moon?) light - I think you're a wee bit too close to the nuclear reactor Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
very nice. nothing like a new home. i'm impressed with the builder as well

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Looks beautiful.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I think we will be okay with the cabinets and no pantry. I’ll store seldom used kitchen stuff in the basement if I run out of cabinet space. But there are a lot of cabinets.

The blue green outside color in those pics is not nuclear waste. It’s aliens. I’m okay with them if they don’t mess with me.

Outside.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12407 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Looks great. I'm impressed with the expediency in which they built this home. Looks very well appointed.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! Now you get to spend the next year or two trying to figure out where all your stuff is!

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The build time and quality was indeed impressive. Around here the crap they throw up is literally like building a disposable house.

I am curious why you did not have a buried electrical main since it is coming in to the front of the house. As I recall you had a trench for gas.

Posts: 1994 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter01:
The build time and quality was indeed impressive. Around here the crap they throw up is literally like building a disposable house.

I am curious why you did not have a buried electrical main since it is coming in to the front of the house. As I recall you had a trench for gas.

The trench is only from the buried propane tank. We asked the builder about underground and his price was high. We decided to use the money elsewhere. I don’t recall the price he gave.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12407 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
We closed today. What an awesome experience. Here's a link to a video of the construction process, consolidating the last 2 months.

https://plus.smilebox.com/play...d=3465&mailuser=true

These go to eleven.

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
that back deck view is beautiful!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
that back deck view is beautiful!

The view is what sold us.

These go to eleven.

posted Hide Post
Very nice. Congrats on. The new house, it us beautiful! I am still in awe that it only took 52 days.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
How high are the flat ceilings?

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, beautiful home!

Posts: 1779 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Let us know how your cable install and web speedtests go.

Posts: 3370 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Beautiful home and views! Tell Sherri I said hi!

Posts: 1979 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
cne32507: Flat ceilings are 8 feet.

mod29: Thanks

Paten: I will. I'm not sure if I updated the internet thread I had. I'm supposed to hear this week about an estimate from Comcast. National Grid told them that poles need to be replaced and they are getting all the prices together and "will see if there is a cost to the consumer".
Also I have 2 Wifi Hotspots that are unlimited from a company online. They work okay but they don't cover a far distance. We will see how the work for us. They have been okay for streaming so far.

Texas: I'll tell her. Smile

These go to eleven.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Its a beautiful home.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Beautiful home, thanks for letting us follow along on the build.

Posts: 3438 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post