SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My house is built...Closed today March 5th. Video slideshow of the construction on page 8.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My house is built...Closed today March 5th. Video slideshow of the construction on page 8. Login/Join 
10 November, 1775
Picture of MarinetoRN
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Congratulations!!

SiGArm'd

P220ST X2, 1911 Revolution, P245, P229 RTTEQ/ST .40 X2, P226ST, Mosquito
Other weaponry not SIG

Glocks are ugly.
I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders.

Posts: 2471 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: August 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a nice sized kitchen island. How large is that piece of granite on it?

Posts: 985 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tejas421:
That is a nice sized kitchen island. How large is that piece of granite on it?

It’s 5 x 8’

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Lots of activity today. We stopped by to receive the appliance delivery. The builder says he will be basically done on Wednesday. There were about 4 electrician, 6 plumbers, the appliance delivery guys, and then the granite guys were back.

Here's what I like about the builder... The granite guys were back because the builder wasn't happy with the island installation. He noticed gaps that needed to be shimmed. The granite guys came in and he instructed them what to do.

The appliance delivery was scheduled for 9 AM. At 9:20 my builder was on the phone asking where they were. He called back 10 minutes later to follow up.

The builder brought us into the basement to ask about placement of multiple things (mostly duct work) based on our plan to eventually finish the basement. He knows we aren't using him for the basement. He's very attentive to everything. He said that builders that take a long time are the ones that mess things up and his builds are efficient and done right. I agree.

Not much to see today. Appliance and granite guys...

The Box of Joe and munchkins were brought by us for the workers. Gotta keep em happy.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Okay so we had to go back tonight to measure for a palladian window blind. And we wanted to check on progress. I think we may be obsessed.

The electrician was still there at 6 PM working on outside lighting. It's gonna be frigid in the morning so he wanted to get outside done tonight. But he made lots of progress inside.

Here's more random pics. Mostly the lights in kitchen, living room, some bedrooms (it was dark upstairs as the breaker was off for work so not too many bedroom pics).

These go to eleven.

paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I know I'm obsessed. LOL But so much happening so fast. We close in 2 weeks. The landscaping, generator (pad needs to be poured in spring), and driveway will be done after the winter. We will have a hold back amount for those items but I trust this builder to come back.

There is still cleaning to be done but what has happened just today is incredible.

Pics...

Kitchen. Hood finished, backsplash finished, ovens installed, water is now on.

Basement insulation done, water heater, HVAC done.

Someone mentioned previously that there should be a tub under the washer since it's upstairs. I was happy to see that not only do they have the tub, it has a drain that goes to the basement floor drain.

Living room

Mud room coming in from garage, half bath.

Master Bedroom

One of the kids rooms.

Hallway after mudroom and office on right (this would have been a formal dining room but we changed it).

Master bath.

These go to eleven.

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Love the gray shower and the wood floors. Can you share details? Also, what model dishwasher is that? Can you share the fan model in the master, too?

To the left of the range, is that a roll out cabinet for baking sheets/cutting boards? I noticed one next to the dishwasher as well.

The toilet location in the master bath seems a bit odd to me. Any reason you didn’t put it in a water closet to segregate it?

I’m waiting on bank approval for my build.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Love the gray shower and the wood floors. Can you share details? Also, what model dishwasher is that? Can you share the fan model in the master, too?

To the left of the range, is that a roll out cabinet for baking sheets/cutting boards? I noticed one next to the dishwasher as well.

The toilet location in the master bath seems a bit odd to me. Any reason you didn’t put it in a water closet to segregate it?

I’m waiting on bank approval for my build.

The shower tile is Anatolia Regency, Carbon

http://www.anatoliatile.com/collections/regency/

The hardwood is hickory pre-finished.

https://www.lumberliquidators....ide-PRHIC3N/10029184

Dishwasher is Bosch SHP865WD5N.

The fan is below...

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Fanim...ergy-Star/1000002326

The cabinet to the left of the range is a spice rack. Similar to this...

The one next to the sink doesn't roll out, just a big thin cabinet for sheet pans, etc.

Lastly the master bath... You are correct, it's a strange placement. The master bath is L shaped. This is because we wanted our laundry on the second floor. We decided to sacrifice a large part of the bathroom to achieve this. It's not ideal. In order to still have 2 sinks this was the only place to fit the toilet. We figure we never share the bathroom when offloading food waste so it's not a big deal. But yeah, it's a bit tight.

The bifold doors on the left is the laundry closet. Just before that you can see part of the master bath entry door.

These go to eleven.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Nice joint.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
I was going to comment/warn you about that painted wall behind & above the stove, but you beat me to it.

Looks great!

Question- I see registers in the floor and ceiling, so I guess you have forced hot air & a/c. Didn't notice any in the kitchen... Are they well hidden or am I just not observant enough?

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motor59:
I was going to comment/warn you about that painted wall behind & above the stove, but you beat me to it.

Looks great!

Question- I see registers in the floor and ceiling, so I guess you have forced hot air & a/c. Didn't notice any in the kitchen... Are they well hidden or am I just not observant enough?

Yes we have forced air. I didn’t notice the lack of registers in the kitchen. I’ll check tonight.

ETA: just noticed a register in front of the slider to the left of the double oven.

These go to eleven.

Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
You should ask the builder to add on a closet or something on the second floor. You know, just to see the vessels in his temple burst...

Great looking home, I know you're excited. I cannot fathom getting a house done down here in that timeline, short of having a housewarming/axle and wheel removal party after they park the double wide. Well done.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Putting any lighting on the underside of those wall cabinets? I used inexpensive LED flexible strip and it makes a huge difference. I used $5 motion detectors so they come on automatically when I approach the section of counter.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice house, but the basement looks too easy to break into. Lots of windows and glass there. If it was security glass that would help. Personally a basement with access like that would make me nervous.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Did you choose no stool cap and apron on the windows, or did they just do picture frame on their own?

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a massive house. I hope you locked in a good interest rate.

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
You should ask the builder to add on a closet or something on the second floor. You know, just to see the vessels in his temple burst...

Great looking home, I know you're excited. I cannot fathom getting a house done down here in that timeline, short of having a housewarming/axle and wheel removal party after they park the double wide. Well done.

LOL. He'd just say, "nope" and move on to finishing up. He's very regimented. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
Putting any lighting on the underside of those wall cabinets? I used inexpensive LED flexible strip and it makes a huge difference. I used $5 motion detectors so they come on automatically when I approach the section of counter.

Hadn't thought of that. I probably would have liked it. There are a bunch of battery powered options and LED doesn't use a lot of juice so maybe I'll give that a try.

quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
Nice house, but the basement looks too easy to break into. Lots of windows and glass there. If it was security glass that would help. Personally a basement with access like that would make me nervous.

I'm not worried. The new homeowner is a gun nut. I'd be afraid to break in. Big Grin In any case we are finishing the basement and likely putting in a pool so having all the windows and slider is what we wanted.

quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Did you choose no stool cap and apron on the windows, or did they just do picture frame on their own?

We didn't specify, they just put in the picture frame style. I didn't even notice. It's pretty much what I'm used to. I think I like it better than the stool cap type after a little googling the difference.

quote:
Originally posted by PossibleZombie:
Looks like a massive house. I hope you locked in a good interest rate.

We got 4.5. It was 4.62 when we started the process, had one drop to 4.5, we locked and now it's back at 4.62. I'm good with it.

These go to eleven.

paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Moving in next week. Here's just a bunch of kitchen and shower pics. They are done by a pro, some are stretched (the appliances are standard size, not wicked wide).

These go to eleven.

A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Excellent!

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s a wonderful new home. Congratulations and best wishes for the new start.

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post